Get a Room!

Home Forums RPG Playroom Announcements/Notices

Tagged: 

• Announcements/Notices

Posted by obidancer on January 11, 2018 at 1:23 pm

Across the Board announcements. Useful when you know you’re going to be away for a while, or if you want to open up a new game maybe?

aria replied 3 years, 1 month ago 12 Members · 90 Replies
  • 90 Replies
  • aria

January 11, 2018 at 3:12 pm

Thanks Obi! So I’ll start us off by apologising for my absence this last couple of weeks, it has been a crazy time! Will try and pick up the various threads as soon as I can!

• obidancer

Administrator
    February 4, 2018 at 5:05 pm

As you may have noticed there are a few bugs since switching to latest version. Please use this space here to report any issue, or PM. I don’t necessary read through all the forums, so since I’m not in the BoS and TT games, I didn’t read the OOC where you guys mentioned some problem (until now)

So current issues:
    – some forums are blocked from posting.
    Temporary fix: all forums are opened. There are no restriction who can post where.

Let me know if you experience any other sort of bugs.

• mercy

February 4, 2018 at 7:12 pm

Thank you for working on this.

• beta

February 5, 2018 at 9:01 am

Obi, in the BoS OOC you wrote:

You are absolutely right, go to Profile. Top right corner is the cog icon. Click on it and select My Account then Web Notification Tab.
    or simply use this link: https://wordpress-644450-2100352.cloudwaysapps.com/account/webnotifications/

However that does not seem to currently be the case. That is, when I click on “Profile” I get a page with my racoon pic, my name, below which is a dark bar with (on the left) links for “about” and “messages” and below that my registration date. And that is it — no cog wheel in the top right now. Clicking on the ‘messages’ link does take me to my messages, the ‘about’ link takes me to that same page. In the header the little drop down menu in the top right gives me ‘Beta’, ‘edit profile’, and ‘log out’ options. Beta and edit profile both take me to the screen that lists the rooms.

Your direct link in the quote above does, however, still work. People can use that to tune down how many notifications they get.

• adamu

February 5, 2018 at 5:46 pm

Yeah, the link worked and the zillion notifications are gone.

And on my Mac everything else seems to be working properly now.

But my Samsung Galaxy via Google can only get the site as it was several hours ago – no recent posts show up….Not really a big deal, I don’t really play on my phone anyway, but in case it’s useful to know…..

• mercy

February 6, 2018 at 11:37 am

I am having problems with TT. I am being told that I need to log in to be able to post there, even though I can post to all other threads now. Problem still exists when I log out and log back in.

• obidancer

Administrator
    February 6, 2018 at 6:04 pm

Some caches are stronger than others! It’s a caching and CDN issue, looking into what setting may cause this.

• adamu

February 7, 2018 at 9:09 am

The freshness indicators were back to working for a while, but now they are dead again – can’t tell which threads have recent posts without actually opening each one up.

Computers hard!

• obidancer

Administrator
    February 7, 2018 at 9:28 am

Even more so when I cannot reproduce the issue…
    So to sum up:
    @adamu no new post indicator
    @mercy no posting possible in BoS IC, right?

• aria

February 7, 2018 at 12:36 pm

I cut down my ‘new posts’ indicator to only show a few things and now it seems to have disappeared altogether… not really a problem for me at the moment as I seem to be able to post still 😛

• adamu

March 12, 2018 at 7:09 pm

Just an update – almost all the earlier issues are gone now – I can see when the last posts were made from both my Mac and my phone, and whether I’m logged in or not, which is hugely helpful.

Thanks.

Only remaining big difference from pre-upgrade is that I now can no longer see when Jack or Mercy are online (never could see when Aria was on).

Sort of a pain, because when i see they are on I try to be quick with posts so as to try to avoid cross posts. Also more prone to type something quick that might elicit a direct response.
    Conversely, when I know they are not around, I can spend more time on a post without worrying about cross posting.

Hey – a really really big wish would be: if there was a feature that would indicate if someone was at that moment typing a post in a given thread….But I’m too computer-stupid to know if that’s a doable thing….

• obidancer

Administrator
    March 12, 2018 at 7:20 pm

If that make you feel better, I can’t even see when I AM online! 🙂
    I don’t get why it works with some and not other. Imladir is always on for me.

But it is a useful feature that I am/will be trying to solve.

For your last request, I’m afraid that we’re dwelling in real time sockets: analyse and report of what is going on. That would require some very intensive and hard work. I doubt that is a feature I would spend time working on as it would require a whole overhaul of the way the forum works.

• obidancer

Administrator
    March 12, 2018 at 9:22 pm

The Online notification should be better now.

• adamu

March 13, 2018 at 10:11 am

Thanks so much, Obi – just being able to see who’s around is a huge convenience.

Totally don’t worry about the other thing – if it’s a lot of pain and work, forget it. We’re here to have fun, not work!

• obidancer

Administrator
    March 13, 2018 at 10:16 am

So it is not real live per say but the Notification will alert of a new post as you write yours. Basically it checks every 15 seconds now if a new post is up and inform you who posted.

• beta

March 13, 2018 at 4:14 pm

That is a fantastic feature! Thank you so much, it will be very handy 🙂

• aria

March 14, 2018 at 5:32 pm

I seem to be suffering the ‘can’t post in T&T’ which I’ve seen mentioned elsewhere…

@Adamu: best map link I can come up with for the Mechanicals compound is up on OP or here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r7EwDPbv_yvwL1P-o7IMe8uWUQE&usp=sharing

Sure I had an actual layout somewhere but can’t seem to find it 😛

• fhconcept

Administrator
    March 14, 2018 at 6:26 pm

@T&T people: how about now? Any luck?

• aria

March 15, 2018 at 4:18 am

I can post in the OoC at least, will try IC later ?

• aria

March 30, 2018 at 6:05 pm

@Adamu @Jack_Spade @Mercy @Obidancer @Gilga @Beta and anyone else I’ve missed ?

Might be a slow week from me: doing family stuff! Will do what I can but otherwise crack on without me ?

Page 1 of 5