Get a Room!

Home Forums RPG Playroom Announcements/Notices

Tagged: 

• beta

February 18, 2020 at 1:07 pm

@Aria: If you save the post, then choose edit, then save it again (even without changes) the codes suddenly start working. Agreed that is odd behavior.

@Obidancer: is there a way to get to the ‘first new message’ like there was with the old board? (since the change I’ve been clicking on the date of the last message, which takes me to that message, then scrolling up until I hit a post I know I’ve read, then start reading and scrolling down … but it was certainly convenient to just click and land on the first unread)

• obidancer

Administrator
    February 19, 2020 at 8:02 pm

@Beta definitely looking into that.

• electric_muppet

February 20, 2020 at 11:49 am

@aria @beta this is a system check. Have either of you received my DM?

• aria

February 20, 2020 at 12:20 pm

Nope 😛

• electric_muppet

February 20, 2020 at 12:24 pm

ADMIN!!! ????

• obidancer

Administrator
    February 20, 2020 at 12:43 pm

Message INBOX Checked ok

BBCode Weird. When posting your message, it will show as written but upon any load, BBCode will be parse. In other word, there’s no need to edit the message again. If you really want to see what it looks like with the color, reload the page. (CTRL+R)

• electric_muppet

February 20, 2020 at 12:45 pm

@obidancer I can see your message but I can’t reply, I just get a never ending pinwheel

• obidancer

Administrator
    February 20, 2020 at 1:17 pm

Ok guys. It seems the code to get the BBCode is conflicting with the Inbox.
    So all the messages are working if I remove the BBCode (as is now…)

My solution is that I create my own custom code fr formatting, but it will require some change of habit for everyone. example colored text will have to become something like [txt color=red]colored text[/txt] (parsing the attribute is much easier and risk free). or keeping with the color idea use something like colored text (simply removing the ‘=’ sign) this last one will make it easier for me to go back to all previous post and edit the BBCode.

What do you think?

• Tecumseh

February 20, 2020 at 1:40 pm

I don’t know enough about the various solutions to compare one to another.

Would this apply to any code with an equal sign in it? Colors, URLs, etc.?

An approach where you simply omit the = in favor of a blank space sounds like a reasonable compromise.

• electric_muppet

February 20, 2020 at 1:41 pm

I never got to grips with bb code so I’m happy with that

• electric_muppet

February 20, 2020 at 1:48 pm

I got me. Some inbox action now

• obidancer

Administrator
    February 20, 2020 at 2:14 pm

My priority will be to make url for rolls to work, the Spoiler tag, and the text colors. Any suggestion as to which other previously used shortcode is needed?

• Tecumseh

February 20, 2020 at 6:48 pm

Those are the priorities, yes.

Lower on the priority list:

– Font size and additional effects, like strike-through

– Inserting images

– Tables (when I’m feeling fancy, which is rare)

Of course, some of this may already be possible and I just don’t know it. @electric_muppet just inserted a YouTube video into a post a few days ago, which I didn’t even know was possible, so I’m not fully aware what’s functional and what isn’t.

• obidancer

Administrator
    February 21, 2020 at 8:53 am

table already exists, and uses | to define columns and next line for rows
    ex: [ table ] Column 1 Row 1 | Column 2 Row1

Column 1 Row 2 | Column 2 Row 2 [ /table ]

[table] Column 1 Row 1 | Column 2 Row1

Column 1 Row 2 | Column 2 Row 2 [/table]

[ font size=16px color=red ]Text size and color[ /font ]
    Text size and color

[ color blue ]Blue text[ /color ]
    Blue text

URLs should be parsed automatically. If you add a youtube or vimeo url, it should embed the video automatically too.

• gilga

February 21, 2020 at 9:57 am

I did not understand how to color my text does not work, and I tried and [text color=red] both did not work for me.

Did I miss anything?

• obidancer

Administrator
    February 21, 2020 at 10:14 am

[ color red ] This is red color

[ font color=red] This is red color using the font parameter

@Gilga I looked at your post and I am baffled… Can anyone please try the code on your various posts and let me know if it worked or not?
    I edited Gilga’s post and no change, If I copy paste to a new post in same thread, it worked just fine… weird.

• electric_muppet

February 21, 2020 at 10:48 am

Looking at gilas post I think he is missing a space between the [ and the instruction. Would this have an effect?

• obidancer

Administrator
    February 21, 2020 at 11:00 am

No there should be no space as in Iusespaceinaboveexamplebecausetheclosingbracketswouldtakethecodeintoeffect.

Whichisevenstrangerbecausethe[colorred class="bbcode-color"> of @Gilga three post up should have been parsed and not show

• beta

February 21, 2020 at 11:46 am

confirmed that my inbox seems to be working now, I was able to see and reply to EM’s message.

I had a post yesterday where color tags were not working. I tried editing it to change from [ color=red ] to [ color red ] and still no joy, but given what you saw with Aria’s post I’ve just taken all the coding out of that post, and will see if I have better luck elsewhere … like right here or here.

ETA: for me I’m seeing the code tags, and not colors. What do others see? And if you see the tags, Obi– any idea why?

• obidancer

Administrator
    February 21, 2020 at 1:43 pm

Ok I think I figured it out. Bare with me.

[ font color=red ] text [ /font ]

[ color red ] text [ /color ]

no space between the brackets

Now it should parse the code for all of you. Please try it when you can. Of course all color (name and hex code) would work.

Page 3 of 5