Cynthia's Song

• Cynthia's Song

Posted by mercy on May 30, 2019 at 11:35 am

The crowd at the arena makes it difficult to move easily, but Cynthia does find her way back to the waiting van and her friend. “So, did it go well?

Imladir replied 3 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 75 Replies
  • 75 Replies
  • Imladir

May 31, 2019 at 12:08 am

[Cynthia Rawson – 22:00, Saturday June 15th, Omnidome, Seattle] #1205

Cynthia seemed a bit puzzled. “I think but… I’m not sure actually. He told me to wait for a bit while he looked at the data for any questions he could have, but he left rather abruptly, I’m not sure why. Maybe he noticed something important regarding an operation they have cooking or something?” She looked pensive for a moment, then shrugged. “I suppose it doesn’t matter all that much for now.”

On their way back home, Cynthia sent a message to Emmet Harpeden, her go-to-guy for the social stuff. >>Emmet [Cynthia]: Hey Emmet, tell me, do you know where I could find a Mage able to regrow hair with a snap of his – or her – fingers?<<

“I didn’t really pay attention, but…” The girl grimaced at that “In the end, do we have that tour of the forest and swamp planned in the morning?”

• mercy

May 31, 2019 at 1:17 am

Cynthia Rawson – 22:00, Saturday June 15th, Seattle

Sandy nods. “We do, indeed, and the weather report indicates that we should have good weather for the tour, but you know Seattle. So, back home for now, or do you have somewhere else to go first?”

>>Cynthia [Emmet]: I will check around and get back to you. Is this an emergency and you need to know now, or do I have time to really look around?<<

• Imladir

May 31, 2019 at 5:09 am

[Cynthia Rawson – 22:00, Saturday June 15th, Omnidome, Seattle] #1206

“Hmm…” Cynthia took a few seconds to think about it before shaking her head “No, that’s it for me. Not to say that there’s nothing I could do but…” She shrugged. “It can wait. So unless either of you has something to do, home it is.”

>>Emmet [Cynthia]: An emergency? Nah. Not really?<< Well, she wanted to say yes, but… >>Emmet [Cynthia]: I won’t need it before tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. After that, the sooner the better, but it’s not really a life and death situation…<< Though it felt a bit like it at times.

• mercy

May 31, 2019 at 12:15 pm

Cynthia Rawson – 22:00, Saturday June 15th, Seattle

Sandy nods and concentrates on getting the van back home. Claudia puts a hand on Cynthia’s arm. “Are you sure you are alright? you seem a bit……………….I don’t know………………contemplative? Did the agent say anything to disturb you?”

>>Cynthia [Emmet]: You got it. Let me check around and get back to you. Given the time, it may be in the morning, though.<<

• Imladir

June 2, 2019 at 1:05 am

[Cynthia Rawson – 22:00, Saturday June 15th, Seattle] #1207

“To disturb me?” Cynthia shook her head. “Not really no.” She nestled in Claudia’s arms with a small sigh. “It’s just… He made so much about wanting to ask questions about the files, then suddenly went away… I’m wondering what that was about, that’s all.”

After a second the girl shrugged. “It doesn’t really matter I suppose, he can do whatever he wants with the files, it doesn’t really matter. Well as long as he does something anyway. It might even make a few other things clearer…”

>>Emmet [Cynthia]: Sure. I won’t be able to use whatever you find before late afternoon, maybe even in the evening, so no rush.<<

• mercy

June 2, 2019 at 1:50 am

22:00, Saturday June 15th, Seattle

Claudia pulls Cynthia a bit closer to her and nuzzles her neck. “Mmmmm. Maybe he got called away. Ijust hope that all your effort is not wasted on some dumbass incompetent.”

As Claudia gently nips at Cynthia’s ear, the two hear a splutter from the driver’s seat. “Hey, you two. Keep it G-Rated for the drive home. We do not need a ticket for…….well, for whatever you two are doing.”

Claudia chuckles softly. “Mmmm. I think someone is jealous.”

Sandy nods. “Fragging right, I’m jealous. Do you have any idea what it’s like sitting up here and watching you two?”

Claudia sticks her tongue out at Sandy and laughs again. “The answer to that is to not watch.” She buries her nose in Cynthia’s neck again and breathes in deeply before settling back and just holding onto Cynthia as Sandy drives.

• Imladir

June 2, 2019 at 2:13 am

[Cynthia Rawson – 22:00, Saturday June 15th, Seattle] #1208

“Maybe.” Cynthia smiled slightly “And if he’s incompetent, well… I’ll remind you that you’re the one who okay-ed him. So if it’s like that… Maybe I will punish you, hmm?”

At Sandy’s exclamation, Cynthia snorted. “I’m not doing anything.” She sighed again, a sigh of contentment and sleepiness, perfectly content to be in someone’s arms.

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

Just a small thing, Cynthia doesn’t have hair at all at the moment following the first operation the day before for Bioware.

• mercy

June 2, 2019 at 3:17 am

22:30, Saturday June 15th, Seattle

Claudia giggles at the implied threat. “He was the best I could find. I am pretty sure that he will do the right thing, but if you want to punish me, I think a good spanking will do nicely. What do you think, Sandy?”

Sandy laughs from the driver’s seat. “A simple spanking is too good for the likes of you. I am thinking that perhaps Cynthia and I should team up and do it.”

All three women laugh and continue the friendly banter all the way to the parking lot for Cajun Town. As they pass under the arch leading to the town, they are greeted by one of the deputies, who tips his hat and wishes them a good evening. A waft of warm air greets them and they hear the sounds of bullfrogs from out near the lazy river. They can hear a soft melody from a fiddle them as they walk down the dusty street as they head to the stable and their carriage. The few people walking at the late hour nod their heads in greeting. Claudia, in the center with her arms about both of her friends, sighs. “This sure is so much nicer than out in the city.”

Sandy gives a fake yawn as she responds. “It certainly is. I cannot wait to get home and into bed.” Her words are answered by soft giggles from the other two.

• Imladir

June 2, 2019 at 3:56 am

[Cynthia Rawson – 22:30, Saturday June 15th, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1209

Cynthia nodded her agreement, but didn’t answer much more than that. Oh, she glanced sardonically at Sandy at the mention of the bed – which did some pretty interesting things in her nether regions – but she didn’t really answer to it: she was thinking about the next day. A few things were fixed already: the tour in the swamp – and maybe the forest? – to start things off, then go pick up her stuff at Taylor’s, followed by her appointment at the clinic.

Then there were all the up in the air stuff. Rob Lee who might come in the morning to agree for his daughter’s treatment: she had no doubt he would come, if she had read him right there was no way he was going to ignore the possibility that his daughter could hear. It was very simple stuff, that could be dealt with in a matter of hours, but he had to take the decision first.

And next, there were all the stuff that depended on other stuff. Well, not really the rental of the van, since Sandy could probably take care of that while her brain was – literally – being aired. But she was waiting to hear from the thief she had hired through Paige to get samples of her parents and siblings DNA. Or her not-parents and not-siblings she supposed… If she heard from him, she’d probably go confront them. Well no, not before Emmet found her someone to make her hair grow back up: she didn’t want to look at less than 100% in front of her… well, her not-mother.

There was the MM concert too. They had been given VIP passes, it would probably be a shame to not use them. And while she didn’t care all that much, Claudia and Sandy were fans and would really like to go there. She supposed she didn’t really need her hair for that, even if she didn’t like it… Then again, she hated not having her hair, so no surprise there.

Well, deciding any of that would have to wait for the morning. In the meantime, the carriage having reached its destination she stepped down and thanked James. She informed him that they would need him somewhere around 11 or 11:30 not before, so he was welcome to enjoy a lazy morning in bed – or with his pregnant wife. Though there was the question of riding in the forest in the morning. Cynthia was definitely not sure how she felt about that since it would imply huge horses. And who said horses, probably said James had to be involved…

• mercy

June 2, 2019 at 2:05 pm

22:30, Saturday June 15th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

James tips his hat to the women and lets them know that their horses will be ready for them when they are ready for the tour of the forest. He quietly calls out to the carriage horses and heads of back to the stable. A footman opens the door to the mansion and greets the three women, telling them that Anna had left some snacks in the dining room if they were so inclined. After taking any wraps they have, he moves off into the large house. Claudia chuckles as she turns to the others. “So, snacks before bed or snacking in bed?”

• Imladir

June 2, 2019 at 3:20 pm

[Cynthia Rawson – 22:30, Saturday June 15th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1210

Cynthia snorted. “You better not get any crumbs in the bed. I’m not hungry myself.” As she said that though, she picked a couple of snacks and ate them. She looked at the two other girls and swallowed. “What? I’m not, it’s… Uh… Nevermind.” She took a few steps away, walked back to grab a third snack, looking defiantly at Claudia and Sandy daring them to say anything, then went upstairs to brush her teeth and prepare for bed in general.

• mercy

June 2, 2019 at 8:01 pm

22:45, Saturday June 15th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Cynthia starts upstairs, hearing the other two laugh then feet chasing her up the stairs. She feels arms go around her just as she gets to the landing. A set of lips brushes against her neck and she feels a soft, warm breath. “That was not the sort of snack I was talking about eating in the bed. No crumbs involved, but there might be something else left behind.”

Claudia keeps her hold on Cynthia as they walk to the door to their room, but Sandy brushes past them and disappears into the room, giggling all the way. She is mostly undressed as Cynthia and Claudia get to the door. “Come on, you slackers. Last in bed is………….well, is last in bed.” She laughs again as she finishes undressing and dives under the covers, laughing as the other two race to see who is last in bed.

• Imladir

June 2, 2019 at 11:20 pm

[Cynthia Rawson – 22:45, Saturday June 15th, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1211

“Oh, I really can’t imagine what you were talking about then.” Cynthia remarked wryly. While she did participate to the race, she cheated a bit: she didn’t undress, jumped in the bed and said. “Hop, I’m not last. And since no one mentioned that we had to stay there to win…or not lose…” She quickly stood up again. “I need to brush my teeth.”

She stepped in her bathroom to do just that. Since she wasn’t wearing any make-up she didn’t have much of anything to do besides that, but she took a moment to wash her face. Finally, she undressed, put her clothes in the laundry bin and, with only her shawl on top of her head, she walked back in the room, quickly slithering in bed.

• mercy

June 2, 2019 at 11:30 pm

22:50, Saturday June 15th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Claudia gives a soft moan at realizing that she has lost, but grins and finishes stripping before jumping into the huge bed. “Well, you go on and brush your teeth. You will need to be in catch-up mode when you get back”

Sure enough, when Cynthia gets back to the bedroom, the other two are deeply involved in exploring each other’s bodies, despite the fact that they have already done so many times. They both look up as Cynthia enters the room and Sandy holds the large comforter aside for their lover to join them. “Hurry up so we don’t get cold. We were missing you.”

• Imladir

June 2, 2019 at 11:44 pm

[Cynthia Rawson – 22:50, Saturday June 15th, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1212

“Well… Then I guess I’ll have to punish the both of you.” She pretended to think about it. “Just let me think about it.”

Not two seconds later, she jumped as one of the other two tickled her. “Hey, I’m the one doing the punishing!” After that, she spent some time doing just that. Of course, an outsider would have called that really differently, but what did they know?
    A while later, her limbs tangled in the those of her two girlfriends, Cynthia went to sleep with a happy sigh.

• mercy

June 3, 2019 at 12:32 am

03:00, Sunday June 16th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Something called to Cynthia in the darkness of the night. The breathing of her two lovers was soft in her ear and she could feel an arm about her, cupping one of her breasts, so that was not likely what had woke her from her sleep. A faint glow is coming into her room through the open doors to the balcony. Rising, she slips into a robe hanging from one of the posts of the bed and wanders to the doors. From her vantage point, the glow seems to be coming from somewhere in the hedge maze in the back yard. The angle is not completely good and she can only assume that it is from the center of the maze.

With the speed of thought, Cynthia finds herself standing at the entrance to the maze, finding it blocked by an iron gate that is locked by one of the largest padlocks she has ever seen. She hefts the lock, looking to see if it could be picked, but even as she does she knows with a dread certainty that she might never have the skills necessary for the task. A man’s voice comes from behind her, soft as a whisper on the wind. “It is not yet time for you to enter that place, my dear. I am afraid that even my power can only protect you for the first few meters inside. You need to be more…………..more than you are now to be able to enter there and have even a small chance of surviving what you will find. You will need tools to help you in your endeavor, and while you have gathered some to your cause already, you will need more. Seek out those who can help you. You are a strong woman and a very special one. I have no doubt that someday you will have the necessary tools to get you through the maze, but please do not attempt it until you are ready.” The voice vanishes even as Cynthia turns about and she only catches a glimpse of a man she thinks she knows before the form disappears into the mist that is now forming about the maze.

Cynthia gives a start as she realizes that she is back on the balcony outside of her room, the green light from the hedge maze lost in the early morning mists that creep into this place from the river. She feels warm arms enfold about her waist from behind and a soft voice whispers into her ear. “Come to bed, my love. Whatever is out in that thing can wait. We will be here to help you when you go there, but not tonight, eh?”

The sentiment is echoed by Claudia, who is holding up the comforter. “Yes, not right now. Come back to bed.”

• Imladir

June 3, 2019 at 1:55 am

[Cynthia Rawson – 03:00, Sunday June 16th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1213

“Hmm…” Cynthia kept looking in the direction of the maze for a few seconds even as she started to walk back to bed. Once she had reached it, she let her robe fall to the ground and slips under the comforter. She moved around for a bit, finding a comfortable place between her girlfriends, thinking about… She wasn’t sure. Somehow it felt important, but…not.

After a minute or so, she sighed and went back to sleep.

• mercy

June 3, 2019 at 11:21 am

06:00, Sunday June 16th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

The house wakes Cynthia and the others at 0600. Some might say that it was the aromas of breakfast cooking wafting in from the kitchen. Others might say that it was the songs of the birds from their perches on the branches of the large oak trees, dripping with Spanish moss that hangs low to the ground. Still others might say it was the happy voices of the groundskeeper’s assistants as they moved about the gardens behind the mansion. But those in the know believe, and would tell anyone who would listen, that it was the house itself that allowed those sounds and smells to get to those sleeping in the master bedroom.

There is a race to the bathrooms as all three women need to relieve themselves. The large shower can serve all of them, and does, the warm water washing away the excesses of the day and evening prior. While in the shower, Cynthia receives two messages. One is from Paige, telling her that her man has managed to get the DNA samples she was asking for. Paige promises to let Cynthia know the results as soon as she has the lab report in her hands. The second message is from Emmet, who lets her know that he has found a mage that can help her with her hair issue. An appointment can be made for the afternoon, but the service will not come cheap.

By the time the three are finishes and out of the bathroom, April has set out clothing for them that is appropriate for the morning’s planned excursions. She curtsies to the three girls and helps them dress. She lets Cynthia know that Rob Lee has just arrived and is downstairs with his daughter.

• Imladir

June 3, 2019 at 12:30 pm

[Cynthia Rawson – 06:00, Sunday June 16th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #1214

A bit slow, Cynthia could only curse under her breath as Sandy then Claudia used the toilets, threatening to just come and sit on their lap if they didn’t hurry.

In the shower, while she cleaned herself, she answered her messages. »Paige [Cynthia]: Perfect, thank you.« It was however nothing compared to what she answered to Emmet »Emmet [Cynthia]: Ha, you’re a life saver!« And as far as she was concerned, he might as well be. It wasn’t that she didn’t like that absence of hair simply for aesthetic reasons, no it was far deeper than that. She really didn’t care how much it cost, as far as she was concerned it would be money well spent. »Emmet [Cynthia]: Late afternoon then? I have a busy afternoon as it is.« Sort of anyway… She didn’t know how long exactly the procedure would take st the clinic, but she supposed it would take more than a couple of hours.

As she stepped out of the bathroom she stretched lazily, swatting away a hand that drew close to her small but perky breasts, then blushed as she saw April. To say that it would take her a while to get used to this would be an understatement… Still, she greeted the maid, and put her clothes on.

Hearing that Rob Lee was here, she nodded. “Good. I never doubted that’d be the choice he was going to make but it will make things easier that he did it today.” Properly clothed, and not having to spend time taking care of her hair, Cynthia waved at the two other girls. “I’ll go talk to him.”

Downstairs, greeted her two guests. “Good morning. Do you want to join us for breakfast?”

• mercy

June 3, 2019 at 2:07 pm

06:30, Sunday June 16th, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Getting dressed with the help of a maid is certainly a different feeling from her earlier life, but April is very good at what she does and soon had all three women dressed. She turns to Claudia and Sandy to get their hair in order as Cynthia walks from the bedroom. As she descends the stairway, she gets a response from Emmet. >>Cynthia [Emmet]: He says he can hold a spot for you for this afternoon. His name is Barcos and I will forward his comm code so you can set up the time. I will bill you for the finder’s fee, as usual.<<

Downstairs, she finds Rob Lee and his daughter waiting. The man is twisting his hat when he sees Cynthia and he bows his head while motioning to the girl, who make a passable curtsy to her mistress. The man straightens and almost stutters. “Yes, thank you, Miss Cynthia. Er…..I have come to agree to getting help for Anna, here. But I have to ask how I am to repay you for this?”

Page 1 of 4