Dome Sweet Home IC

• Dome Sweet Home IC

Posted by aria on January 31, 2020 at 9:44 am

Continued from Dome Sweet Home on SG

[Tuesday November 14th, 2079; 4-5km from Reaper turf, Northern Redmond, Seattle Metroplex]

The abandoned three storey building was a typical legacy of the urban blight of Redmond, although at least Omen had picked one with the roof more or less intact. Despite that it stank of decay and mould, probably why it wasn’t being occupied by the usual barrens detritus. It made for the perfect backdrop for interrogating two underage gangers, both still reeling from their brush with the fender of the team’s ride and the brutal seconds that had preceded it. If they didn’t already have nightmares from their life struggles so far, they certainly would do from here on!

They mutely accepted whatever first aid the team chose to administer, the girl glaring out from under an unruly shock of dark hair whilst her tongue flicked across her newly broken tusk, the boy still more or less comatose from shock and blood loss. The girl, whose name turned out to be Mouse, was clearly intelligent and she obviously had no intention of trying to withhold information, recognising perhaps her place in the food chain against the apex predators that the runners represented…

“Wa ya want” she spat

jack_spade replied 4 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • beta

Organizer
    January 31, 2020 at 9:09 pm

Before starting interrogation, Tipperman nominates himself for some magical healing — or at least an attempt at it. He knows he’s a little high on metal and low on meat to make that easy.

• jack_spade

February 1, 2020 at 1:28 am

Omen took his time – it never helped to appear in a rush. He smiled at the girl, showing his own broken tusks.
    “Information. If you tell us what we want to know, we’ll let you go. If not… well I guess you can imagine what else we can and will do to you.
    So, lets do the easy questions first: What’s your name and who’s the other guy there?
    How many people are there in your gang, where is your headquarters, what weapons do you have and where did you get them?
    Who is your boss and since when is he in power?”

• aria

Organizer
    February 3, 2020 at 12:29 pm

[Tuesday November 14th, 2079; 4-5km from Reaper turf, Northern Redmond, Seattle Metroplex]

Still glaring reluctantly from under her furrowed brows the girl answered, appearing to have to think hard about some of the questions…

“I’m Mouse, that’s Fingers. Dunno how many dere are inna gang, mebe twenny. We hang at da base off ‘unner and seventeenf, can’t miss it! We got grade a bang bang, don’t wanna mess wiv da Reapers scan? Got rockits, machine guns, got da wurks! Riddle gets em from da runnerz, make us strong, training and shit. Wen dey want new bodies they come back, big time callin, that’ll be me, one day right! Unless you’ze gonna frag me up like Fingers…?” there’s a faint quaver in her voice, she’s certainly not as tough as she’s trying to sound…

“Riddle’s in charge right? Since da runners struck dat deal wiv er… doz wat make it, get to go big time… rest is ghoul chow, way of da street right?”

• jack_spade

February 3, 2020 at 4:23 pm

Omen smiled – or rather showed his teeth.
    “You’re gonna have to give me a bit more if you wanna get out of this in one piece.
    How many runners, what do they look like, what jobs are you doing for them?”

Over his trodes he sent to the team: << looks like this gang getting weapons and making trouble is just a side effect of another operation. Maybe we have to take out those runners too as well as stealing those weapons. Could help us refinance this shit pay run>>

• aria

Organizer
    February 4, 2020 at 11:57 am

Looking apprehensive she answered “Dunno xactly how many runners, three mebee? Scary fraggers that’s fact! Calls theyselves the Reaping, thatz why weez the Reapers see? I know Fingers copied is name from dere rigger though, stoopid really but can’t tell im. We don’t do jobz for em, not really, dey giv us the bang bang so weez get good wiv it…train us up, den dey take one or too for dere runs… sometimes dey comes back, sometimes not…”

• jack_spade

February 4, 2020 at 12:45 pm

Omen nodded: “Cannon fodder then. When do they usually come by? Any specific times? Does this rigger have drones with him?”

• zerosum

February 4, 2020 at 3:04 pm

> On it.

0day replied matter-of-factly to Omens message, and queued up a search string. This one would have to be on the darkweb, unless this Reaping crew were dumb enough to get caught in the mainstream media.

> Search Term: “Reaping”. Additional parameters: “Seattle” “Shadowrunners” “Fingers”

Matrix Search: 15d6t5 6 14d6t5 6 13d6t5 8
    * Didn’t need that third roll, as the first two takes me over the threshold 10 max. Each interval is 10 minutes, so 0day will be busy while Omen continues the questioning.

• aria

Organizer
    February 5, 2020 at 12:31 pm

“Nah, not fodder, dey picks da gooduns for dere team right? Fore that mebbe weez fodder, dey tests us right, make sure weez up ta the challenge… trial by fire? They’ve not bin aroun recent but every few munfs deys comin. Drones do, yeh dey got dose, big fraggers…”

0Day plunged through the ‘trix on the hunt for intel and came across an interesting anecdote on ShadowSEA <Reaping> along with some brief conjecture on the jobs they’d pulled in Seattle. It seemed like after a lull around late ’76 they’d come back with a vengeance in ’78 with several mafia sponsored hits…

• jack_spade

February 6, 2020 at 5:19 am

Omen nodded.
    “You’ve done well. Here, have a Soyrito.”
    Omen tossed a flavor sealed bag to the girl and waited with his next questions until she was done with it.
    “Is there any way for your leader to contact those runners?
    Or do they just come by at no notice?”

<<Could be a chance for us if they keep the gang at arm’s length.
    So far I see the plan as sneaking in at night, capture the boss and the techno and/or get access to their armory.>>

• aria

Organizer
    February 12, 2020 at 12:26 pm

“I’m called Mouse right? You reckon I knows shit about how Riddle does stuff? She don’t xactly tell us er secrits! But I don’t fink she calls em, dey just rock up, usually des gonna test us first so… mebbe Riddle’s got der comm, but I dunno…”

• jack_spade

February 12, 2020 at 12:56 pm

Omen nodded: “Alright, fair enough.”

He turned away to talk a bit more to the team:

<<I guess that is all we can expect from a low ranking member. Any particular suggestions what we should do with them now? Gotta admit I’m not particularly keen on just geeking the little tusker, but we have to keep her away from her gang until we have done our thing. Anyone got a contact that could keep her for a while?>>