NPC Stats:

Spoiler:
    Cyborg Soldiers
    B A R S W L I C EDG ESS M
    15 9 7 8 8 3 5 3 7 0 0
    Initiative 12+3D6
    Phys CM: 14 Stun CM: 11
    Limits Physical (8) +1 Unarmed, Mental 6
    Armour 18H Light Milspec+Helm w. Grey mana 6, Ruthenium 4, Non conductivity 5
    Skill Pools Automatics 15 / SMGs 17, Gymnastics 15, Pistols 14, Sneaking 15, Unarmed 16 / 18 Cyber, Perception 12
    Qualities
    Cyber Singularity Seeker, Biocompatability Cyberware, Ambidextrous, Superhuman Psychosis
    Cyber
    Greyware 4 obvious limbs & torso, Optimised Arms Str 8, Agi 9. Optimised Legs Str 8, Agi 9, Armour 2 to all limbs, and Armour 3 to torso (+11D) +4 Condition monitor
    Greyware Wired Reflexes [2], Internal Air Tank [2]
    Greyware Cybereyes [2] w. Flare Compensation, Lowlight, Thermographic, Vision Enhancement [3]
    L Arm Retractable Spur [A[Physical], R0, 11P, -2AP], R Arm Shockhand [A[Physical], R0, 8S(e), -5AP], Legs Hydraulic Jacks [6], Retractable Spurs [A[Physical], R1, 11P, -2AP]
    Gear

Mysad M1
    4 4 4 3 10* 5 5 2 6 6 8
    Initiative 19+5D6*
    Phys CM: 10 Stun CM: 11 (2 stun damage)
    Limits Physical 5
    Armour 18H Light Milspec+Helm w. Chem Seal, Ruthenium 4, Non conductivity 5
    Skill Pools Automatics 12 / SMGs 14, Gymnastics 8, Sneaking 10, Perception 12, Spellcasting 14 Manip 16, Counterspell 12
    Qualities
    Home Ground [Institute], Focused Concentration 6, Initiate Lvl 3 w. Centering, Quickening, Shielding
    Adept
    Astral Perception, Heightened Concentration, Combat Sense 4, Magic Sense
    Spells (Drain 18D)
    Mana Static (F-1), Offensive Mana Barrier (F+3), Levitate (F-2), Mob Mood (F+1), Increase Will (F-3), Increase Reflexes (F), Lightning Bolt (F-3), Mana Ball (F)

Mage M2
    4 4 4 3 10* 9* 5 2 6 6 8
    Initiative 19+5D6*
    Phys CM: 10 Stun CM: 11
    Limits Physical 5
    Armour 18H Light Milspec+Helm w. Chem Seal, Ruthenium 4, Non conductivity 5
    Skill Pools Automatics 12 / SMGs 14, Gymnastics 8, Sneaking 10, Perception 12, Spellcasting 14 / Manipulation 16, Counterspell 12, Banishing 14
    Qualities
    Home Ground [Institute], Focused Concentration 6, Initiate Lvl 3 w. Centering, Quickening, Shielding
    Spells (Drain 22D)
    Lightening Wall (F+2), Shape Ferrocrete (F-2), Reinforce (F-1), Spirit Zapper (F+1), Mana Net (F-1), Astral Armour (F-2), Increase Will (F-3), Increase Logic (F-3), Increase Reflexes (F), Magebolt (F-4), Stun Ball (F), Heal (F-4), Mass Agony (F-2)

* Stat increase quickened spell

adamu replied 4 years, 1 month ago 8 Members · 506 Replies
  • 506 Replies
  • jack_spade

July 11, 2019 at 7:37 am

@deleting post
    I helped it along, since I have (limited) mod privileges

• aria

Organizer
    July 11, 2019 at 7:47 am

Blight spray
    Al collapses the core
    Dana unconscious from Blight

36-10 M1 stealth in to position…
    35 Ex-G Charge, miss
    32-10 M2 orders Al to drop his weapon (although why bother, nobody seems to listen)
    14-10 Batshit spots M1, goes full def, shoots, misses
    19-10 F1 Attacks Ex-G miss
    xx Al Retort
    xx Addie gets an LED light source

16 M1 cast offensive mana barrier force 10 behind Ex-G
    25 Ex-G miss
    12 M2 ??
    xx Al prevaricates some more…

15 Ex-G miss
    6 M1 Complex action to move the barrier…pushes at Ex-G but does 0 damage… time for plan B
    2 M2 ??

5 Ex-G miss

39 Ex-G miss F1
    35 M1… holding action so Jack doesn’t have to re-write his IC 😛
    22 F1 will attempt a knockdown attack on Ex-G to push him back in to the mana barrier, miss
    4 Batshit shoots at M1, 0 damage

29 Ex-G miss F1
    12 F1 miss Ex-G

19 Ex-G SA Influence F1…who fails to resist SA mana barrier Fc 7
    19 M1 casts Mana Static Fc 12 on the area, 8 hits reduced to 3 by counterspell/guard BC goes to 8, offensive mana barrier reduced to Fc 7 (barrier rating reduced to 5)
    2 F1 charge M1 7 hits, reduced to 2 by mage Full Def, Retractable Spur [A[Physical], R0, 11P, -2AP], no damage

9 Ex-G Grabs Dana (how with a powerblade in one hand?)? Will need to break through the offensive mana barrier to escape…and touching it does 7P damage (no doubt will get soaked)
    9 M1 tries to levitate F1, fails due to grey armour… 😛

• adamu

July 11, 2019 at 7:52 am

Al prevaricates?????

I am cut to the quick.

“to avoid giving a direct answer to a question in order to hide the truth”

Al hasn’t even been asked any questions.

These guys, though, are all condemnations and orders without a single word of explanation, much less evidence.
    Heck, they haven’t even told me what they want…just trying to get any sort of actual answer out of them.

• aria

Organizer
    July 11, 2019 at 8:00 am

Yeah I know 😀 …but as grunt mage said, he’s not got any authority to talk to you and ‘them upstairs’ aren’t likely to while you are waving your weapons around! Any moment now he’s going to slide a ‘link across the floor to you but he’s just a bit upset that you are ignoring him 😀 …after all, he’s the ‘cop’ in this scenario, at least in his mind…and cops don’t explain themselves to ‘crooks’ unless there’s a hostage involved!

• adamu

July 11, 2019 at 8:32 am

the mage IS the hostage….Ha ha – no, I do see your point as to his attitude.

Naturally he feels threatened and wants to speak from a position of strength.

But Al is equally doubtful of getting any useful information once he’s seen as having surrendered his power to resist – at they point they dictate rather than ask, much less explain…

Anyway – while this guy is probably a substantial threat to Al if he wants to be, Al has certain psychological eccentricities that make it very hard for him to really see anyone as dangerous to himself!

• electric_muppet

July 11, 2019 at 2:54 pm

Well I’m out of actions so I’ll have to wait for Al to finish chatting with his dad and the next initiative roll

• aria

Organizer
    July 11, 2019 at 3:02 pm

Torrent is Silk’s Dad… Silk hired you… slightly disappointed in the lack of reaction to the big reveal that Torrent is on the ‘other side’ lol

• electric_muppet

July 11, 2019 at 3:06 pm

I was joking/joshing. Batshit is an outsider on this she has no freakin’ idea.

• aria

Organizer
    July 11, 2019 at 3:38 pm

?

• jack_spade

July 11, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Well, to be fair: We still don’t know if it’s really Torrent – and if it is and he is in charge, he should have known better than to let the guardians of this place go on the offensive against Al, instead of using their commsystem to explain the reasons why they needed to place a bunker full of horror slash dap in the middle of a high density population zone with kids in a Matrix style battery setup. 😉

• beta

Organizer
    July 11, 2019 at 4:19 pm

Out of this team, I think it is only Al and Tanya who have dealt with Silk and Torrent? (as a player I’ve not even interacted with them before this game).

Also: sorry on flaking out with Zag, this is the exact sort of situation that he was built to help with … mind you I think I aimed his dice pools too low, he probably would have had to be edging like crazy to have any impact. So in some ways it is less frustrating fluttering around with Addie. who I don’t expect to be able to do anything here — if she manages to not materially be a hindrance by the time they get out, I’ll call that a success.

• jack_spade

July 11, 2019 at 4:21 pm

New round:Ini 3: 20+1d6 24
    Casting Manabarrier F10
    Mana Barrier Astral F10: 10d6t5 6
    Drain resist: 19d6t5 6
    no Drain

Mana Barrier Astral F10 Intersection with Offensive barrier: 2#20d6t5 6 8
    My barrier fails

Repeat:
    Mana Barrier Astral F11: 10d6t5 4
    Drain resist: 19d6t5 7
    No Drain

Manabarrier Intersection: 22d6t5 7
    Offensive Manabarrier: 20d6t5 5
    Finally

Last action: Grab girl and get back to Al and his Breach

• electric_muppet

July 11, 2019 at 4:24 pm

It’s OK. Batshit is a bit of a fifth wheel here too. She just too low to hot anything

• electric_muppet

July 11, 2019 at 4:36 pm

Blighted int 2: 8+1d6 13
    Int 13 (not bad considering)
    Pass 1 shout “come on kid follow him” run behind @beta character.
    Pass 2 save it for swearing and hit Al

• beta

Organizer
    July 11, 2019 at 5:28 pm

@Electric_Muppet I think that the barrier Ex-Gladius was taking down blocked you getting into room 1, so Batshit couldn’t move there until Ex-Gladius takes it down in pass 2 (but I could be wrong …. fog of PBP is strong in this encounter with all the rooms and characters involved).

The LED that Addie has running is probably enough for Batshit’s low light vision, so yah she’d see Addie kneeling over the armored figure, holding its SMG.

Once Addie becomes aware of Bronwyn, she’ll probably shush her, not wanting to interrupt the comcall going on in the hallway with Al. If necessary Addie would try an intercept move and a clinch to stop her from going through the hole and potentially triggering the tense situation there.

…. actually I’m going to IC Addie’s reaction to Bronwyn coming into room 1. For your reference in any IC Addie is a slightly muscular/husky* version of the blonde highschool class president/save the whales campaigner type. Curently without the benefit of fashionable hair or clothes, of course.
    * strength and body of 3, probably high for 16 year old girls. She’s trained pretty hard in jujitsu.

• electric_muppet

July 11, 2019 at 5:32 pm

Remember Batshit is only a year older. Just 5 years on the run /on the hustle.

• electric_muppet

July 11, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Batshit is just following Ex-gladus out to the breach

• adamu

July 11, 2019 at 5:42 pm

Well, my own reaction to Torrent being on the “other side” has been significant.

First thing was doubt – so Al’s immediate response was to call Silk. She didn’t know anything about it.

Not assuming Torrent tells his daughter everything – they don’t seem very close.
    But Al and Silk have been working together for years, and socializing as well.
    Whereas Torrent has strictly been a Johnson, and not always nearly as “straight” as Al would have preferred.

So he picked his side.

And anyway, tortured kids pretty much trumps everything, as Al implied to Silk when he called.

Problem, though, is that while annoying in many ways, Torrent has never struck Al as a serious evildoer, and in fact seems to be associated with some of the other big anti-Horror players.

Which makes Al pretty curious about what he has to say.

But Al has much the same thinking IC that Jack just expressed OOC – so what if Al hung up on Torrent. if this message was so important, and Torrent was so tied into all that is happening here, the loudspeaker would have done just fine. A lot easier than sending some guys to simultaneously try to kill us AND hand us commlinks.

So Al’s got an open mind – but remains incredibly skeptical – mostly just trying to milk any intel he can out of the conversation….

But we’ll see what happens.

Is Batshit going to come and beat up Al?
    Okay – didn’t see that coming….

But Addie hopefully dissuading?

Whatever – the time it has taken for Al to interact with the mage is really a lot greater then the time elapsed in the combat in the other room (a common cinematic and RPG time-disconnect/artistic license).
    So whatever role-playing other people want to jump in with, can’t say they are wrong in terms of the timeline.

Do hope to hear what Torrent has to say, though!

• beta

Organizer
    July 11, 2019 at 5:43 pm

As you pointed out earlier, Batshit is all armored up, so Addie can’t tell her age (I’d made the mistake of mentioning two dryads earlier)

• aria

Organizer
    July 11, 2019 at 5:47 pm

@Jack_Spade… wouldn’t have left much of a run if you waltzed in and had someone explain everything to you ? and you wouldn’t have had the pleasure of the wild guesswork ?

@Beta… Becky worked for Torrent too, and I thought you’d had a character in Breath of Summer??

Don’t worry about Zag… I’ve tried to gauge opponents based on the active PCs, apologies to EM if you feel a bit redundant, you were unlucky not to have had more impact early on… and Blight is deliberately horrible! ?

Page 1 of 26