Get a Room!

Forums Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Song of Patterns Forbidding Aegis IC Pt 2

  • Forbidding Aegis IC Pt 2

     beta updated 9 months, 2 weeks ago 6 Members · 53 Posts
  • aria

    Member
    October 16, 2019 at 11:52 am

    [Friday, Early, June 10th, 2078; 119 Avenue Victor Hugo, 16th Arrondissment, Paris]

    With a herculean leap the cyborg propelled himself from the balcony after the rapidly accelerating bell. Barely catching it, Zag had to avoid the fifteen centimetres of cyber spur from the guy’s foot that slammed through the side of the cast iron in a bid to stay attached rather than face a six storey plummet to the trees below… Becky was forced to make the decision whether or not to shoot her shock arrow at the big conductive object that her team mates were flying away in…

    The ground team seemed to be clear just about in time as the angry buzz of the first of the police drones arrived on the scene. As Batshit climbed on board Al’s van she was sure she heard a voice whisper “I will find you again little rose…”

    ***

    #80

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    October 16, 2019 at 1:15 pm

    “ah frack I was thinking that” she muttered as she scrabbled into the back. Great now she had a stalker. Worryingly one that could follow her across oceans, and even more worryingly he could track her without breaking a sweat.
    She pushed these thoughts to the back of her mind as She pulled on a vest and grabbed Michael. She snapped on a magazine and fed a 5 round strip in to the top.
    She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.
    “Ok think our assault team might be having issues” she said in serious tone. “we need to get that great oaf out in the open where I can stitch him.”

  • gilga

    Member
    October 16, 2019 at 4:16 pm

    Staying behind and watching the van goes in slow motion, Rebbeca examines the situation as seems to unfold in slow motion due to her very quick reflexes. “Wrong arrow” she exclaims and changes to release a barbed arrow, releasing the arrow.

    Spoiler
  • jack_spade

    Administrator
    October 16, 2019 at 4:33 pm

    Ulrich looked incredulously at the cyborg: “That is your end game? I say let go and land on that car.”

    Spoiler

    Ulrich forced the bell in a tight curve to assist the man with his bombing run and started to ascend with the bell to get out of the reach of snipers before moving towards the agreed meeting point outside paris.

  • beta

    Member
    October 16, 2019 at 5:28 pm

    Zag had been busy being boggled by their escape craft when he’d heard the disconcerting ‘clonnggg’ of something heavy and metallic landing on the back of the bell. Had to be the cyborg.

    Ex-Gladius seemed to be doing a good job of making the cyborg’s job difficult, but Zag felt duty bound to contribute to the cause at least a little bit. He would have liked to have simply kicked the thing in its armored skull, however he was using both feet to brace himself in place in the bell while he cradled the artifact with one arm. He carefully pulled his Ingram, reached over the edge of the bell, and used the smart link to fire a burst the cyborg’s direction. He was worried less about doing damage than about making the overall environment seem unhealthy.

  • aria

    Member
    October 17, 2019 at 8:12 am

    [Friday, Early, June 10th, 2078; 119 Avenue Victor Hugo, 16th Arrondissment, Paris]

    As Ex-G peered over the side of the bell at the clinging cyborg and exerted his mindshard on the mundane’s mind he was slightly surprised that he seemed to be strong willed enough to resist. With a menacing grin he began to use his spurs to climb towards the rim of the bell… suddenly his expression changed and Ex-G felt the sharp tug of the barbed arrow that had skewered the cyborg to the side of the bell and gone right through the decayed metal of the bell itself to threaten the occupants… the force to have done so was incredible! Zag’s bullets raked across the cyborg’s flesh face, stripping it away to bone and parts…

    All that gave him very little chance to alter the 90kph speeding bell as a seriously powerful mana barrier sprang up directly in its path cast on the astral plane… normally it would have been no threat but in Ex-G’s dual state it was going to be like being hit by train!

    ***

    #81

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    October 17, 2019 at 3:23 pm

    Batshit flicked open the butt plate on the rifle, flicked up the complicated mechanical sight
    “di-opter, Swiss” she said by way of explanation, even as she laid down and rested the humongous rifle on her raised knees. Soon her plan showed itself as she slowly swung her knees to track the flying target. Her face was blank, almost as is she was waiting in a queue. Her finger tightened on the trigger and held her last breath half way and suddenly the bell came to a gut rending stop.
    “oh shit that ain’t in the plan. Al? we better get over there something has happened” she called as she started to work out where ‘there’ was on the map

  • jack_spade

    Administrator
    October 17, 2019 at 4:42 pm

    The movement was to fast for Ulrich to work against the inertia in a meaningful way. He felt the Mindshard’s force field collapse as it interfered with the much more powerful enemy barrier. Next came his own camouflage power, crumbling under the metaphysical impact.
    And then it was upon him. He feld his body smacked against the bell’s inside curve as his own awakened form intersected. For a moment he felt the strands of power cut into him like a mesh of cheese wires, threatening to hack his self-possession form to bits. But suddenly, his own resonance field stabilized and the enemy barrier collapsed, allowing him to pass unharmed.
    “We have to get out of here.”

    Ulrich quickly changed course to bring the bell out of line of sight to the flat they had just raided by steering close to the street below.
    <<We need pick up, air travel by bell is far less secure than statistics would make you believe.>>

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    October 17, 2019 at 5:00 pm

    <<we are on our way, NO RIGHT! RIGHT!! NO! DOWN THERE! >>
    Al hacked his way through the traffic while Batshit and Isant picked out the route. The Parisian traffic was true to form in its no compliance with any form of logic or regulations. Its chaotic nature started to raise even Als blood pressure.
    <<we’re nearly there>>Batshit messaged as she scanned the traffic and the sky of police (and badguys)

  • beta

    Member
    October 17, 2019 at 10:39 pm

    For a second Zag had thought that Ex-Gladius was having some sort of fit, the way that he jerked and the bell twitched. But then the magician recovered and their flight resumed. “Could we ditch on top of a less secure building, then repeat the invisibility and levitation trick? Might let us meet up the truck without drawing an obvious line to it.

  • gilga

    Member
    October 17, 2019 at 10:42 pm

    Rebbeca noticed the drama, but not being dual-natured she did not understand exactly what happened. >

    > Are you guys alright?

    shethen decided it was high time to meet the car.

  • aria

    Member
    October 18, 2019 at 5:07 am

    [Friday, Early, June 10th, 2078; 119 Avenue Victor Hugo, 16th Arrondissment, Paris]

    The team could feel the net closing tighter, the sound of sirens was constant now and seemed to be converging from all directions. Of course they were in an innocuous delivery vehicle just minding their own business, oh and a flying bell!

    Ex-G saw several spirits flit overhead, presumably the French security forces responding to a magical incident, but steering the very un-aerodynamic bell in to tree cover would deal with that. But the fat mage hadn’t just been looking on from the apartment, he had left his meat behind and was hurtling after them at astral speeds accompanied by some very mean looking spirits! His astral form revealed his true power that his rotund physical form concealed from more mundane sight…

    ***

    #82

  • gilga

    Member
    October 18, 2019 at 11:01 am

    Rebbeca kept up with the bell, peering into the astral from time to time to see it passed the invisibility. With the movement power, she nearly teleported from place to place, but she kept her speed lower than possible because the Bell was not going so fast. She attempted to remain barely visible, as she moved through the trees. She gave Ex-G a heads up >> There are multiple astral forms, in the plural… I’ll help if you get them to ground level.

    She texted the team >> Try not to get in more trouble, we need a clean vehicle more than an additional gun.

  • adamu

    Member
    October 18, 2019 at 1:25 pm

    Becky’s advice was good. The Bulldog needed to stay unmarked. Even witht he ability to transform its appearance and registration, that was never easy to do unnoticed in an urban panopticon.

    Still, traffic in Paris was only slightly more orderly than in Istanbul, and he was able to bully his way through knots of cars without attracting too much legal ire. Somehow he managed to stay in the rough vicinity of “under the bell,” his head hanging out the window half the time, neck twisted unnaturally as he tried to keep the airborne vessel in sight.

    The experience had indeed raised his blood pressure, although less from the traffic than from Batshit kibbitzing about his every turn. The bell seemed to be making for a park, and he positioned the Bulldog on one side and the Diabolus on the other, marking both locations on his nav, which was patched into the team network.

    <<Set her down in there, Ex-G baby, an’ I got clean rides ta yer north an’ south.>>

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    October 18, 2019 at 3:17 pm

    “We need to think about how we’re going to get out out of Paris and deliver this thing” said Bronwean. She pulled up a map of the area committing it to memory. She looked for all the pedestrian areas and ally ways.
    “You see I’m guessing the bad guys can track that artifact”

  • beta

    Member
    October 18, 2019 at 5:07 pm

    As they flew lower and lower, Zag prepared himself to jump out and safely tumble to a stop while protecting the artifact. Then a thought struck him, and he quickly ARO’s the team <<Ex-Gladius, can you invisible us while still flying this thing? We could drop out on top of a bus and to the ground from there, while everyone is still watching the bell race on a ways. Or even let me off that way while you run a distraction, but I’d rather you don’t go off on your own.>>

    • This reply was modified 10 months ago by  beta.
  • jack_spade

    Administrator
    October 19, 2019 at 4:54 am

    <<I’m on it.>>
    Ulrich concentrated both on his Mindshard and on what he had to do. Their pursuers on the hyper conscious level were closing in fast. But what was good for the goose was good for the gander and on his command, his other self set four weak barriers around them, blocking their line of sight and forcing them to slow down for just a second or two, to smash through.
    That was enough for him to change their hyper conscious signature again to that of two sparrows.
    <<Aim for the bushes, we have to get off now.>>
    The bell was low enough over the ground and not nearly as fast as before, still, without armor the impact would have hurt.
    No sooner had they vanished in the green had Ulrich woven another obfuscation around them while the bell hurtled along, crashing into a large statue of some guy on a horse.

    Leading Zag by the hand, the two invisible men made their way towards the street.
    <<Stop at the small kiosk next to the water fountain and open the side door. We are coming in hot>>

  • adamu

    Member
    October 19, 2019 at 1:46 pm

    Al pulled easily up to the kiosk and popped the door. To Bronwean, he said, “Hop out, grab a Nerps bar at the kiosk, and get back in. Like it ain’t no thing. You know the drill, ace.”

    With luck, the rest of the team would be in the Bulldog before the girl was back with the candy, and no reason for anyone to suspect a thing….

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    October 19, 2019 at 5:39 pm

    Bronwean smiled and winked
    “aye aye capin'”
    She snapped the sights Michael shut (her finger flicking the dials to zero) ans hid it from veiw before she opened the door sid door an jumped down.
    She returned few only a few moments later with a chocolate bar, soda and something in a paper bag. Al eyes the extra with a questioning eyebrow
    “what?” she said with genuine incomprehension.

  • gilga

    Member
    October 19, 2019 at 11:24 pm

    Rebbeca uses the opportunity to join her teammates in the van.

Viewing 1 - 20 of 53 posts

Log in to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Who’s Online
There are no users currently online

© 2020 - RPG Playroom