Get a Room!

Forums Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Song of Patterns Forbidding Aegis IC

  • Forbidding Aegis IC

     adamu updated 7 months, 2 weeks ago 8 Members · 1,015 Post
  • electric_muppet

    Member
    October 14, 2019 at 11:19 am

    “this place is surrounded by other groups, I’ve already had a run in with on lot up there” she pointed up to the roof garden “there were two other teams outside”
    She started to get agitated
    “are we going after that thing? One of use could ride up in the elivator while the other two keep it occupied?”
    She started jump up and down in slow dramatic fashion “come on guys, we need to do something”

  • gilga

    Member
    October 14, 2019 at 1:04 pm

    Rebbeca pauses and seems calm, “Nice fighting Isaint.” she says, and then addresses what she feels is an over-eager Dryad. “They are professionals. No point in getting in their way, they’ll ask for our help if they need it.”

    >> We got myself, ISaint and Batshit idle outside of the building. the ruse did not work. Anything we can do to help?

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    October 14, 2019 at 1:17 pm

    “if you two rush that monster and just dick him about, keep him busy; I can ride the lift and get behind him shoot the shit out of him. or bust the door” she gabbled. As she babbled she got that feeling again just like she had had at the Silks house.
    Her eyes narrowed and she pulled out her hand cannon, her diminutive size made it seem even more brobdinagian
    “Ali Ali oxen free mother fracker, come on show yourself to auntie Bronwean” she slowly scanned the garden “come on where are you litter fracker?”
    The change from Excitable little girl to predatory killer was as marked as it was chilling. Caring little batshit cold ly methodically looking for a kill.

    • This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  electric_muppet. Reason: Additional text
  • adamu

    Member
    October 14, 2019 at 1:27 pm

    Watching the front of the building from where he was parked, engine running, a block away across the street, not much was happening.

    On a window in his windscreen HUD, he watched the camera feed from the Diabolus positioned at the rear of the building. He had the pick-up directed at the target window, and while the front door was being cut away, the upper-floor rear entrance was literally annihilated by a flying church bell. The crash must have been terrific, but of course Al couldn’t hear it over the psychobilly he had cranked up in the cab of his van. At ground level, he also saw Batshit appear and then the door get cut open. They’d only be in there a few seconds, but these things did tend to go quickly.

    Sighing, he started inching his Bulldog out of his parking space – not enough to impede traffic, but enough to give him an edge off the starting blocks when the bad guys’ reinforcements showed up – he had a sneaking suspicion that his role was going to morph from exfiltration to interdiction.

  • gilga

    Member
    October 14, 2019 at 1:46 pm

    “Take a chill pill” She says bluntly, and searches for a position that provides a good view of the surrounding “Artifact team did not ask for help – and mr. J does not want excessive violence. I am having a hard time understanding what you are talking about.

    • This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  gilga.
  • jack_spade

    Administrator
    October 14, 2019 at 2:45 pm

    Isaint nodded: “Thanks, I thought it was just me getting old and no longer understanding the young. We have to get out of here. This is not just a safehouse – this is protected territory of the worst kind. We have less then three minutes before a whole transport of riot gear clad professionals appears.”

    Ulrich meanwhile cursed inwardly. Three mages and one who went invisible. Thankfully, there was a tried and tested method to deal with that kind of opposition. “Go Zag!”
    Not wanting to risk intersection, he pulled out his rifle and unceremoniously hosed down the three mages with amped up SnS.

    Spoiler
  • beta

    Member
    October 14, 2019 at 5:38 pm

    Grabbing the artifact from an elemental, while a fusillade of mages took shots at him, didn’t sound like a great plan to Zag. Most key was that he didn’t know how strong the elemental was — maybe air ones were not as strong as some of the others, but then again maybe that was fire? And either way it was strong enough to hold a fair sized rock up in the air, but would likely go away if the mages went down.

    On the other hand, the mages might have defenses that were not obvious to him, so trying to take down three of them may be a losing game. And if he was holding the artifact there was a tiny chance that they would hold off from simply incinerating him. Of course they might incinerate Ex-Gladius, leaving him vulnerable to all sorts of magical manipulation.

    Given two choices, where one of them required killing people until the spirit went away, the other was probably the less incorrect answer. He took two steps and made a diving tackle for the artifact, intending to use his strength, weight, and momentum to hopefully wrest the rock from the spirit. And if everything worked as well as he hoped he’d end up between the mages which may not be the worst possible location when they reacted.

  • aria

    Member
    October 15, 2019 at 6:46 am

    [Friday, Early, June 10th, 2078; 119 Avenue Victor Hugo, 16th Arrondissment, Paris]

    As Zag made for the elemental in the centre of the magic circle he was treated to the dreadful sound of an Ares Alpha discharging on full auto in his general direction…or at least that’s what it felt like. The dwarf spasmed as the multiple shock rounds impacted on her chest and she dropped to the ground flopping like a landed fish, the troll fell to one knee, sparks dripping from him like rain but it was clear to Ex-G that he too was going to take no further interest in this fight…

    The same could not be said for the cyborg that crashed back in to the apartment behind them and silently charged towards Ex-G his spurs already beginning to swing up towards Ex-G’s back…

    As Zag reached to grab the artefact the air around him became charged once more and the elemental seemed to suck up the power that Ex-G had unleashed and wrap it around itself. Now Zag was left with the dilemma of stealing himself for some pain or finding some other way to wrest the rapidly heating stone from the mini storm in front of him.

    ***

    To those on the ground the muted roar of autofire was unmistakable over the general sounds of the city around them. That was going to draw the police like nothing else could, in fact the wail of approaching sirens could already be heard and it was likely that drones and spirits would be on the scene even faster than that.

    Something big moved in the garden amongst the darkened trees, vaguely the size of a troll but something about its movement suggested a satyr, something like the Beast in that old Disney flic…

    ***

    #79

  • gilga

    Member
    October 15, 2019 at 7:57 am

    “I see it too.” Rebbeca says and switches to astral perception where it is considerably easier to locate living critters.

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    October 15, 2019 at 9:16 am

    The moment of recognition and comprehension was instantaneous; Batshit knew that this was the source of the feeling of be watched , there was also a feeling of familiarity about the hulking firm, that said her fight or charge instincts kicked in like a sledge hammer and she was off like race horse.
    “oh come to mama!” Batshit chortled “Beccie! cover the team, this one is mine” she called over her shoulder.

    Bronwean moved in to investigate. She trained her pistol on the shape. As she approached all she could make the eyes which transfixed her. … Oooooh FRAAAAACK it was fast as the enormous shape sprang away with an agility that belied its size.

    As she returned to the group, asked out loud
    “what the hell was that? That was no troll”

    • This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  electric_muppet. Reason: Additional text
  • gilga

    Member
    October 15, 2019 at 12:44 pm

    Rebbeca shrugs “Not sure it was even hostile. Perhaps he likes you.”, she gives ISaint a puzzled look and continues providing overwatch for their friends that are about to exit the building. If they are successful at least.

    • This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  gilga.
  • jack_spade

    Administrator
    October 15, 2019 at 2:33 pm

    Ulrich saw the situation unfold as if in slow motion. Zag managed to grab the artifact and retreat but now they were faced by two elemental constructs.
    Time to enact phase two of his idea.
    “I’d love to stay and chat but we have a ride to catch.” Exerting his mental muscles again he caught the bell next door, which was still under the acceleration power and scooped up himself and Zag, using it as a shield against both bullets, lightning and to mask his aura from view.
    Accelerating them both away he said <<Seems like we were saved by the bell>>

    • This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  jack_spade.
  • gilga

    Member
    October 15, 2019 at 5:48 pm

    >> Just in time, get out of here. I’ll cover.

    She said and readied her arrow for anything that followed the two flying runners.

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    October 16, 2019 at 6:06 am

    Bronwean saw it was time to leave as the two runner floated over her head. She ran to cover Beccie when she started to leave. Quickly as possible, the two elves leapfrogged to the van with Isant in the lead.

    #194

    • This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  electric_muppet. Reason: Add number
  • adamu

    Member
    October 16, 2019 at 8:07 am

    Al had the Diabolus hold its position as he swung around to pick up the ground team in back. The guys up top clearly had provided their own transport.

    With everyone loaded up, he departed the scene at a leisurely pace, moving onto a major thoroughfare as quickly as possible and, once a few blocks out from the target building, altering the van’s skin from that of a local plumber to one he’d pulled from advertising for a Paris electrician.

    Meanwhile, the Diabolus kept pace with them on a parallel course a block away, available to run interference to the front or rear as needed.

Viewing 1,001 - 1,015 of 1,015 posts

Log in to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Who’s Online
Profile photo of jack_spade

© 2020 - RPG Playroom