Get a Room!

• mercy

May 26, 2017 at 8:29 am

Tuesday, 26 November, 11:36; On the Streets, Downtown, Seattle Metroplex

>>I am not sure how to get the man to leave his club today. The meeting is in about nine hours and I would think that he will be preparing for it. I am willing to look at alternative plans, though, so please let me know if there is something you would like me to find out or do and I will see if it is in my capability.<<

• mercy

May 26, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Tuesday, 26 November, 11:40; On the Streets, Downtown, Seattle Metroplex

>>I have just found out that Ving Sung keeps a mistress by the name of Kai Lin in the penthouse of the Choi Tower, which is located about five miles outside of Chinatown. Perhaps you could use her to lure him away. I would certainly expect that he will have her guarded. I am pretty tied up here at the moment so will not be able to join you in this, but I have alerted a friend and she has sent some drone eyes to the building in case you need any visual scanning support. For now, I told her to keep them back so they will just be watching the exterior of the building unless you need anything more. Let me know if you want her to give more support and I will contact her. I hope that this helps.<<

• adamu

May 27, 2017 at 2:55 am

Al sighed. It seemed he was doomed to make an effort.

Sure, a man had to work for a living. But they weren’t getting paid, so he’d planned on just doing the fun parts.

He voice texted his thoughts, congratulating himself on their excellence. <<Might could work.>>

Assuming it wasn’t a trap or other manipulation of Triad Tanya’s devising…..

<<From what you said ’bout this Ving cat, we gotta git ‘er ta bring ‘im in soft – tell ‘im she’s finally got ‘er sister ta go fer his little fantasy with ’em or somethin’. We use ‘er as a hostage, guy iike this’ll jist write his whore off fer dead. But could work. Alternatively, we could jist blow this Ivory Tower joint ta kingdom come. Kill ’em all, an’ if the Vingster ain’t dead, well, he won’t stay long inna smokin’ crater….Now, afore some o’ ya Nancys git yer panties inna damn twist over collateral damage or whatnot, what we do is boost a nice, windowless van, put a couple barrels o’ harmless, fertilizer-lookin’ dirt in it, splash some ammonia around inside, an’ hook up some very visible detonator apparatus, all Christmas-treed up with visible anti-tamper switches. Park the van out front an’ disable it three ways ta Sunday. Then we phone ‘er in, tell ’em we’s some radical Feminazis, don’t like the way they’s treatin’ womern. Give ’em fifteen minutes ta clear out cuz we’s goin’ Armageddon on they little clubhouse. You can bet yer bottom dollar they’ll find the van, crack it open, assess the threat, an git outta Dodge in a confused rush. An’ we’ll be waitin’….so lotsa good plans onna table. Y’all choose.>>

• jack_spade

May 27, 2017 at 9:42 am

John
    Tuesday, 26 November, 1142; storage unit under Alaska Way viaduct, Downtown, Seattle Metroplex

<<To be honest, that sounds like a lot of work just to get him to sit in his car. Not that it wouldn’t work, but I actually planned to just fake a call from the parking attendant, telling him that someone opened a bunch of cars and if he would mind to take a look inside his own to see if anything is missing. Once he is inside, he’ll find a bit of Narcoject/DMSO coating the surfaces. We hack the car, and have it drive him to an extraction point of our choice.>>

Only ten minutes after he had called her, Nachthexe reported back:
    <<Ok John, that was actually easier than expected. The guy does have an active grid guide subscription for two cars – a Rover SUV and a modded BMW 400GT. He managed to get no less than ten traffic infractions on his last joyride that got deleted almost immediately afterwards. There is also a report that he managed to hit a pedestrian and beat the shit out of him for “bumping his ride”. That one got taken from the official file too.
    So anyway: Both cars are currently parked in a private underground parking garage in Chinatown belonging to the Triads, but which is guarded by private Lonestar Security. I imagine that that is the reason why the infractions have been taken care of: Lonestar still holds many sub contracts for administrative parts of the justice system. At the moment a Sg. Robert Fisher mans the monitors with two Steel Lynx drones patrolling the garage. The man just ordered his third Mu-Gai-Pan box with an extra large bottle of Fizzy-Splode from the next door restaurant.
    The two cars are parked at Sublevel 2, Section Red 2B and C.
    Have fun.>>

John replied: <<Wow, that was way more comprehensive then expected. I’m getting you a special present once I’m done with this. Promise!>>

Relating the dosier to his chummers he added: <<So, anyone interested in playing a food delivery guy, or should we just sneak in, ninja style?>>

• mercy

May 27, 2017 at 12:33 pm

Tuesday, 26 November, 11:43; On the Streets, Downtown, Seattle Metroplex

>>Sounds like we have several plans cooking. Please let me know what you decide to do. Have to say I am still in favor of just walking in and killing him at the meeting, but I can support any other plan that you decide on. I do have responsibilities, though, and unless something changes, I will need to be present at the 2100 meeting at the Ivory Palace. Even if Ving Sung is taken, he will have a subordinate who may already have assumed control and Rick Wu will have a rep there. I do understand that we have different agendas and getting Ving Sung into your hands may be the answer to your goals. In my opinion, it was Ving Sung that put the hit on Al and Jan and he probably has information about who was negotiating for Glo’s program. My needs go beyond that, however. Let me know what I can do to help.<<

• jack_spade

May 27, 2017 at 2:17 pm

John
    Tuesday, 26 November, 1143; storage unit under Alaska Way viaduct, Downtown, Seattle Metroplex

<<Don’t you worry. If you want Rick Wu dead, that can be arranged. Standard rates apply.>>

• adamu

May 27, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Al dispensed with the comm chatter and spoke directly to Johnny. “Neat tricks. But what makes ya think a guy like that’s gon’ go check his ride hisself, not send some lackey ta scope it?”

• jack_spade

May 27, 2017 at 3:21 pm

John
    Tuesday, 26 November, 1143; storage unit under Alaska Way viaduct, Downtown, Seattle Metroplex

“Think about it: A guy that loves his car that much, won’t rely on one of his flunkies to look for scratches. Also the flunky probably doesn’t know what Ving keeps in his glove compartment all that well.”

If it doesn’t work… Well, we’ll just take the flunky as a consolation price and get him to spill details about his boss’ security.

• adamu

May 27, 2017 at 3:29 pm

“Well, your way is less work, and that ticks the most important box fer ol’ Al. Can we wait till the game’s over, though?”

• jack_spade

May 28, 2017 at 1:00 pm

John

“Sure, I’ve got to buy some other stuff anyway, before we can go there. I’ll be back in about an hour.”

• misterjoshua

May 30, 2017 at 4:29 am

Jan

”Must say, I’m a fan of the ‘blow all the fuckers to hell’ plan.” Jan spoke up from the corner. ”We’re not likely to get this many important people together at one time and know about it. It’s clean. It’s nondiscriminatory.”

After Tanya had left – and he’d made sure she was well clear – Jan had relayed his intel to the room. It’s accuracy was unverified, but it suggested that Fu Shing could have been involved in the contract on them. How or whether to act on it was another matter.

• adamu

May 30, 2017 at 5:42 am

“Well criminy, someone’s lyin’ ta someone. Either Fu Yung’s lyin’ ta Triad Tanya, or yer victim done lied ta you, or someone lied ta him. Or good ol’ TT done good an’ lied ta us’n. An’ since ever’ damned thing we know’s based on hearsay, could be all or some o’ the above in any combination you’d care ta name. Yup, reckon I got into this to kill some Tong whoremongers, an’ jist blowin’ up the lot of ’em sounds better an’ better ta me too. Trick is, we done said we’d work with TT, so without hard evidence she’s agin’ us, reckon it’d stick in my craw ta go agin’ her. Not sayin’ I trust ‘er any further’n I could throw ‘er, an’ fixin’ ta watch her ev’ry move. I mean, we really know anything about ‘er aside from what she’s spoon-fed us?”

• jack_spade

May 30, 2017 at 7:36 am

John
    Tuesday, 26 November, 1150; storage unit under Alaska Way viaduct, Downtown, Seattle Metroplex

John had waited for Jan to finish before he answered
    “True. But one thing we can be fairly certain is that Triad Tanya really wants Ricky dead/gone. That aligns perfectly with your goals of killing Triads.
    Just in case we can prepare a little insurance for the perhaps, maybe, surprising, yet inevitable back-stab. Explosives sound like a good idea for that. I’m going to buy a bunch of HE grenades anyway, so I’ll add just a few more to my list. Also Pepperpunch. It’s cheap and with the right dosage will drop even a Behemoth.”

• aria

May 30, 2017 at 7:49 am

Glo
    Tuesday, 26 November, 11:50; Storage unit under Alaska Way viaduct, Downtown, Seattle Metroplex

“If this Ving Sung has the intel I require then I would like an opportunity to discuss it with him prior to his demise. It is a little difficult to interrogate someone who has been subjected to a large explosion. As to Lady T, it sounds like she is even better placed to get the mark on you two lifted if she is in bed with the person who called it. She is clearly a good manipulator, or considers herself to be one, and the intel I have on her suggests she might genuinely be trying to achieve her goal of reforming the 88s, however deluded that might be…”

• adamu

May 30, 2017 at 11:49 am

The use of the title “lady” was not lost on Al. The NIC was either being ironic, or she knew more about Triad Tanya/Tony than the rest of them did. And then she confirmed it with the reference to her own intel.

“Say there, sweetness, if you got some skinny on Tanya-baby, what say ya share the wealth, long as I’m sharin’ my beer….?”

• misterjoshua

May 31, 2017 at 3:15 am

Jan
    Tuesday, 26 November, 1150; storage unit under Alaska Way viaduct, Downtown, Seattle Metroplex

”John could go in with Tanya.” Jan added at last. He’d been musing over a plan. ”He’s least known to the Triads and I dare say could survive a decent explosion. We go in and rig the building, John with his vantage can make the call. If he says blow it he can save Tanya, or Ving Sung, or neither as he pleases. If he has it under control we sit back and wait.”

It was one of those plans that sounded a lot easier than it was. For them to rig the building they’d have to negotiate heavy security, physical and matrix, and possibly magic. That last one might be a sticking point.

• jack_spade

May 31, 2017 at 5:10 am

John

“I could survive an explosion – but my body would probably be blown to pieces – and let me tell you: I love my body and it was really expensive, so I’d rather not do that.
    Gas on the other hand would be no trouble at all and would allow me to take with me anyone I want. As it happens, my plan is also to buy a big old canister of Pepperpunch – something like 60 doses worth and release it all at once. Six seconds later everybody is on the ground. 12 seconds later, without an epi pen, they are probably dead.”

• aria

June 1, 2017 at 11:31 am

Glo
    Tuesday, 26 November, 11:50; Storage unit under Alaska Way viaduct, Downtown, Seattle Metroplex

“Will you be able to smuggle in a sufficiently big canister and dispersal system given the likely security? We may be able to introduce it via the air intakes on the roof if we can disrupt any airborne contamination sensors and filters…either way I trust you will have an epi pen with you for when our target succumbs?”

• adamu

June 1, 2017 at 11:58 am

Listening with half an ear as he watched his New Orleans team lose miserably, it sounded to Al as if they’d finally settled on a plan. So he wouldn’t be going in as a bodyguard after all. Well, that pepper crap was nasty – his internal air supply and fake eyes alone wouldn’t save him from meter-long ropes of snot gushing out of his schnazz. And that wasn’t his image at all. Still, he’d hoped to be there for first crack at TT if she turned out to turn turncoat.

He pictured himself sitting on a rooftop across from the entrance, merrily taking out any Chinese thugs that managed to stagger out of Johnny’s capsicum maelstrom, and then, as his fantasy grew more vivid, a young Asian woman in a short black skirt, black hose, and white blouse was in his crosshairs and as he started to pull the trigger he realized he was about to shoot a waitress.

“Well, y’all, I’m all fer endin’ a passle o’ Tong mother fuckers, an’ I hate ta go soft on ever’one here, but my bomb threat idear din’t kill none o’ the servin’ staff, cooks, cleanin’ crew, an’ what have ya. These gangsters ain’t gon’ be eatin’ no pot luck – they gon’ be all manner o’ staff waitin’ on ’em, an’ I don’t reckon ol’ Al can abide that sorta slaughter. Not sayin’ it’s a no-go, but definitely a problem there ta solve.”

• jack_spade

June 1, 2017 at 12:25 pm

John
    Tuesday, 26 November, 1150; storage unit under Alaska Way viaduct, Downtown, Seattle Metroplex #194

John shrugged, pulled down his pants and with a little snap revealed two large smuggling compartments filled with tools and an extensive medkit
    “A canister with compressed gas in each leg should do the trick… and I get to moon the triads”

Page 2 of 57