Get a Room!

Home Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Breath of Summer Interest check for new 2077 Run

• aria

October 10, 2018 at 4:10 am

@Jack_Spade: sorry, I meant the Machinist stream benefit… after paying 20’karma for that do I need to pay another 10 to get something more than noise cancelling?? Also the ‘sharing’ bit… do I need the echo to use that or can I run bought autosofts off WiFi storage? It’s not a brilliant piece of wording, and errata will be a long time coming no doubt ?

Where are you going to locate the IC/OoC thread? Under SoP would be ok unless Obi can make us a dedicated place? Not heard from him in ages ?

• jack_spade

October 10, 2018 at 3:49 pm

“They have learned to twist the Resonance in such a way that their living persona can function as an RCC, emulating all the abilities that are available to anyone using an RCC (minus the ability to form or join a WAN). The new attributes are gained in addition to their normal Matrix attributes. The Noise Reduction rating is equal to the Machinist’s Willpower, and the Sharing rating is equal to the Machinist’s Charisma. Technomancers with this Daemon can use the Resonance [Program] echo (p. 258, SR5) to copy the effects of autosofts as well as cyber-
    programs.”

As written the rule doesn’t make much sense since an RCC doesn’t have the ability to form a WAN to begin with. The most likely explanation is that the author meant to write PAN.
    Now, I agree that that is a pretty shitty limitation, making it necessary to buy the One With The Matrix quality.
    Therefore, I’d just grant you the 8 Karma version of the quality as a freebie for taking the Machinist stream.
    In regard to the Autosoft sharing: Technos can’t run autosofts on their living persona unless they aquired them through the Resonance [Program] echo, or they use the Bootleg Program complex form. A third way that I would allow is using a MOS device (KC p.58) or a Datajack Plus.

As for the IC/OOC threads: I think I’ll rededicate the Panzerknacker thread.

• Tecumseh

October 10, 2018 at 4:07 pm

After sleeping on it, I’m currently moving forward with the mysad build.

Rules Clarification for Creature of Comfort: I took the Creature of Comfort quality because I imagine the character gets pouty while roughing it. I wanted to get a GM call on the interpretation. Here’s the relevant passage:

“For every day that the character must spend “slumming” it in a lower Lifestyle category, the irritable character suffers a –1 penalty to all Social and Healing tests per Lifestyle category below his chosen level.”

Does the “for every day” mean that this is cumulative with multiple days, or just that the check happens every day? I take the latter reading because the former one seems overly harsh, as it means that anyone down on their luck would soon find their Social pools reduced to zero.

Separately, is there any guidance for what’s expected around fake licenses? Specifically in terms of level of granularity. I know each table handles things differently and I didn’t want to waste 4k on unnecessary licenses.

For background, I see that Al has 8,000 words (wtf adamu), Becky has an origin story, and Preston has some bullet points. Is there a preference for format or things that should be addressed?

• beta

October 10, 2018 at 4:53 pm

@tecumseh FWIW, I have a bunch more background on Preston that I never moved to his character sheet (he started off in a 1-on-1 PbP game, so I was splicing background in as we went. When I have the updated character sheet I’ll try to get the character background upgraded.

As to expectation, there is no real requirement, but a proper character background counts as a post for karma/nuyen purposes, as I recall it (as to contact write-ups).

I’m less clear on licences, and will let someone else field that.

• adamu

October 10, 2018 at 7:19 pm

yeah…..don’t hate me, Tecumseh, but the Obsidian Portal sheet is actually not all the background I have on Al’s full sheet.

Bit of an obsession – been playing him almost monogamously for well over ten years now…..

Jack – I’ll work up a run-specific gear list for Al in Feb 78 Texas and include it on my Google docs sheet, then send you the link again.

I’ll also write up an opening post in the next day or so that puts Al in Texas, so I’ll be ready to add it once you launch the thread.

• aria

October 11, 2018 at 8:44 am

@Jack_Spade: thanks! I’ve added the quality to my WIP version, plus a Datajack Plus 1 to run swarm <evil grin>

Still struggling with drones etc… a version is up on SG if anyone cares to take a look and offer some constructive criticism??? First 5E TM I’ve built so there’s bound to be something missing!!

https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=28575.0

• jack_spade

October 11, 2018 at 3:45 pm

@Tecumseh
    I looked it up in the German version to make sure: It’s not per day but per difference in accomodation from what you are used.

Fake Licenses: I’m not particularly fuzzy about those. Get one for guns&explosives, one for magic, one for cyber and one for matrix gear.

Don’t worry about writing much. I myself like to develop a character during play, because that’s usually when I realize what his personality is and what therefore his life was like before.

@adamu
    Cool, looking forward to it 😀
    @Aria
    I’ll take a look at SG and comment

• Tecumseh

October 11, 2018 at 9:29 pm

Cool, thanks for the answers.

I went down an interesting rabbit hole last night and explored the possibility of a mystic adept with a cyberarm. An interesting build, very versatile, and one I might want to play in the future, but I think for now I’ll stick with my original concept.

I’m making good progress, making tweaks to skills, spells, adept powers, and gear. I think the last major item on the To Do list is to choose Contacts.

• Tecumseh

October 11, 2018 at 10:18 pm

@Jack_Spade
    Do Adept Ways double in price after chargen? My memory says “no” but Street Grimoire doesn’t explicitly say so. I have a Reddit thread which says that the writer commented in another thread (which I haven’t found) that the prices should not double, but that the correction hadn’t made its way into the errata. This might be what my brain is remembering.

I am considering pursuing the Spiritual Way as a good character arc.

Also, do you play that contacts and/or glasses interfere with spellcasting?

• jack_spade

October 12, 2018 at 1:09 am

No on both accounts.
    The ways aren’t normal qualities, just like masteries or streams, so they don’t double
    Glasses and Contacts aren’t blocking your sight, they are only projecting additional light to what you are already seeing.

• aria

October 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm

@Jack_Spade: I put up a slightly more advanced version on OP but I would still appreciate you looking over it to see if there are obvious errors 🙂

https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/characters/jasmine-wright-jazz

• jack_spade

October 12, 2018 at 3:59 pm

A general tipp: Don’t waste money on clearsight: Electronic Warfare can be used just as well to get the machines to use their sensors, but allows you additional options.

You might also want to increase your Intuition a bit and raise one of your other attributes with Karma (STR for example). Sleaze is extremely important – especially when you get the quality that allows you to use INT instead of LOG for hacking
    Practice, Practice is a useful Quality to raise the limit on Hacking as well later on.

Having Static Veil or Cleaner is almost a must for any techno who wants to stay on the matrix without constantly rebooting their living persona.
    Host Emulator is also useful to hide yourself while you are still able to command your slaved drones from within.

• aria

October 12, 2018 at 5:24 pm

Thanks Jack, looks like I have some tweaks to make then ?

Regarding Cleaner etc, don’t I only need to worry about Overwatch/Convergence if I perform illegal actions? Running my drones shouldn’t count should it?? Of course I may want to do some hacking while my drones are shooting things…

• jack_spade

October 12, 2018 at 6:22 pm

Overwatch accumulates over time as well (every 15 minutes by 2d6)
    Unregistered Sprites accumulate Ovewatch simply by existing

• beta

October 13, 2018 at 6:50 am

Although for Decker’s and tecnos, overwatch doesn’t start accumulating until you do something illegal. So the accumulation over time part mostly matters if you are doing something like hacking your way into a host and then just sitting on a camera feed for a long time.

• jack_spade

October 13, 2018 at 8:20 am

That’s correct, but as I said, it’s mainly so your sprites aren’t always deleted after two hours.

• jack_spade

October 13, 2018 at 6:56 pm

Alright,

there we go:

IP and OOC Threads are live: https://wordpress-644450-2100352.cloudwaysapps.com/games/forum/panzerknacker/

• Tecumseh

October 14, 2018 at 2:01 am

Character sheet is up:

https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/characters/ichante

I have a lot of formatting to do – as soon as I figure out Obsidian Portal – as well as adding background and contact descriptions. A lot of it is in my head; I just need to type it out.

I’ve been making tweaks just about every day this week. I think at this point I just need to slap things down and commit.

== Priorities ==
    Metatype: B,3
    Attributes: B,3
    Special: A,4
    Skills: A,4
    Resources: E,0

== Chargen Karma ==
    +35 Prime Runner
    +35 Negative Qualities
    -35 Adept Power Points
    -18 Positive Qualities
    -12 Power Focus R2
    -5 Spell

Happy to go over the sheet with anyone who asks. I prefer transparency.

Starting Nuyen: 4d6*100 ¥1,200

• Tecumseh

October 14, 2018 at 7:22 pm

@Beta
    Can you send me the code you used for the tables on your Obsidian Portal sheet? I’m not seeing an obvious way to format those, and I’m hoping to avoid cycling through all the different formatting code I know.

@All
    Can anyone tell me how to change my profile picture on RPG Playroom? The process is eluding me.

• aria

October 15, 2018 at 7:55 am

@Tecumseh: Go to Profile, there’s a settings icon top right, click edit profile and then click on the pic, there’s a change pic option there!

As this seems to be as good a place as any to communicate I’ve updated the 2075 timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Yw4d165IBNbENuY0pTRm41YUk/view?usp=sharing

If there’s anything anyone wants me to add which would help to track events please let me know! One of these days I’ll change the run titles in to hyperlinks, just not yet 😛

Page 3 of 4