Get a Room!

Home Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Breath of Summer Interest check for new 2077 Run

• Tecumseh

October 15, 2018 at 1:28 pm

@Aria
    Thanks, but I’m still not seeing it. I can get to two different pages where I might expect to see it, but I don’t. Can you give me the URL that you’re using?

https://wordpress-644450-2100352.cloudwaysapps.com/account/
    If I click the picture (or the “View Profile” link) on this page, it takes me to…

https://wordpress-644450-2100352.cloudwaysapps.com/user/tecumseh/
    If I click the picture on this page, it just reloads the page.

• aria

October 15, 2018 at 1:43 pm

Hmmm, on phone, might have to wait until tomorrow ?

• Tecumseh

October 15, 2018 at 6:26 pm

At the end of Page 1, Jack said “Karma and money flow at 2000 Nuyen and 1 Karma per post.”

At the beginning of Page 2, Aria said, “Karma rewards are 1 per 2 IC posts, plus some additional for writing up NPCs / background etc on our Obsidian Portal page.”

Which rate is correct? Is it both karma and nuyen, or one or the other? Are we responsible for tracking our own or does the GM handle that? Is it awarded continuously or only after specific intervals? Similarly, is progression (i.e spending karma) instantaneous or are there IC components as well, like requiring the appropriate amount of time to pass?

Apologies for the flurry of rookie questions that everyone else likely knows the answers to.

• aria

October 15, 2018 at 6:30 pm

No such thing as a bad question!

1 karma and 2K nuyen per 2 IC posts, and you track your own ?. It’s why I put a #xx at the end of each of my posts.

Within reason spend it whenever you like, might need some justification and worth checking with the GM.

• Tecumseh

October 16, 2018 at 12:36 am

How does one take credit for NPC write-ups and filling out the background information? Or is this basically a giant on-your-honor system?

• jack_spade

October 16, 2018 at 12:51 am

Pretty much, yes 😀

I certainly don’t track your karma and money.

• Tecumseh

October 16, 2018 at 12:59 am

Roger that.

Does the money have an IC justification for its existence? Is it our run pay that we earn through IC posts, or are there run payments that are separate from / in addiction to IC post payments?

• adamu

October 16, 2018 at 2:28 am

The monetary posting payments are an abstraction of the money we earn from runs.

In Aria’s game, this lets us skip messing about with the details of negotiating/receiving payments.

We sometimes mention those processes for RP purposes, but we never actually get nuyen from runs to mark on our sheets – that comes from the posting award.

• adamu

October 16, 2018 at 2:30 am

As for the awards for NPC write-ups, I am pretty sure that Aria treats one NPC write up on OP as one IC post….Also, including a character history and/or picture on the OP char sheet count as a karma point each, if I am recalling correctly.

• aria

October 16, 2018 at 2:49 am

Posting on OP, 1 karma, visual description 1 karma, pic 1 karma, detailed background 2 karma

NPC and location write ups count the same as an IC post (add them to total)

Happy hunting ?

Page 4 of 4