Jungle Drums OOC

• Jungle Drums OOC

Posted by mercy on July 19, 2017 at 11:41 am

I am starting a new thread here that covers Alyce’s mission for the Old One in support of the greater mission being done by Al and the others. I am under the impression that ISaint and Rick are otherwise engaged, but does anyone want to get up a character to accompany Alyce into Aztlan and Amazonia on her quest? Jack and Obi, please let me know if my information is not correct and Alyce will certainly invite either or both of her friends to come with her.

Let me know if there is any interest. She is going to Bogota and will be there for several days, probably, so any new characters can be easily folded in from there. Let me know if there is any interest.

aria replied 4 years, 10 months ago 8 Members · 206 Replies
  • 206 Replies
  • aria

Organizer
    July 21, 2017 at 9:39 am

Dream will be along for the ride, Petal hopefully will join once she’s done her sniffer dog bit in Boston. Not sure yet about my other reoccurring NPCs/PCs ?

• gilga

July 22, 2017 at 9:13 am

I can whip out some character if you like.

• adamu

July 22, 2017 at 9:17 am

All depends on the timelines for me.

If the Boston thing ends, and this game is still going on in both real time and game time, we could look at Al finding his way down there (also provided it would not be disruptive in any way to a game in progress).

• mercy

July 22, 2017 at 9:53 am

Would love to have either of you. I am proceeding in the game but I take a while to develop some things, so please feel free to jump in.

• aria

Organizer
    July 31, 2017 at 7:13 am
    1481 wrote:

All depends on the timelines for me.

If the Boston thing ends, and this game is still going on in both real time and game time, we could look at Al finding his way down there (also provided it would not be disruptive in any way to a game in progress).

It doesn’t have to be particularly concurrent…of course after the ‘Boston thing’ I have other places to send the immortal dream team 🙂

• adamu

August 1, 2017 at 6:38 am

@Mercy – hey, did Alyce change her hair color? I see a reference to long WHITE hair. Had always pictured her as a brunette. Was I wrong? Did she dye it?

No worries, just trying to keep up, make sure I’m envisioning things correctly……

• adamu

August 1, 2017 at 7:00 am

Gwen M……could that be the return of…..

• mercy

August 1, 2017 at 8:46 am

No. Gwen is a friend of mine from another game that I coerced to come try my JD out.

She dyed her hair to see if she likes it better. She will probably go back to brown.

• adamu

August 1, 2017 at 11:55 am

White hair’s cool – now we just need another hot character sketch!

And welcome welcome to Ms. Gwen…….any friend of Mercy’s…….

• mercy

August 1, 2017 at 12:30 pm

The one Obi did was pretty hot, but I am sure that he can find another if wanted to.

• aria

Organizer
    August 1, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Sorry to be awkward but can we have time and location headers so we can track the timeline? I think you’re basically still on Sunday Mar 21 but I could be wrong?!?

• mercy

August 1, 2017 at 4:31 pm

Sure. We are actually still on the day we met. It is evening in Marseilles and still afternoon in Boston. I think that we are on the same day so far. I will start using time marks. It should still be Sunday.

• shaman_yuri

August 1, 2017 at 7:47 pm

Um, I’m glad I was cagey with my last name. I didn’t realize that field was public when I entered that. :$

I intended for my handle/alias to be Shaman_Yuri. But ah well. I hope I can live up to Mercy’s billing. ^^

• mercy

August 1, 2017 at 8:09 pm

I am sure you will. I love your writing style. It is so much like Adam’s it is uncanny. You both go in for lots of detail, which is super good for the scenario and you are both able to create things from whole cloth and run with them, which I find to be rare among RPers. I have spoken to a lot of players about this thread and most of the responses have been that they do not think they can create because they are too used to reacting.

• Imladir

August 1, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Hey.
    Just PM Obidancer, he should be able to change your nickname pretty easily.

In my case it’s not so much that I’m used to reacting, but that I find more comfortable (and more…I don’t know, coherent?) if there’s only one person driving things. But like I said, I’ll try to flesh a few things out here and there ^^

• mercy

August 1, 2017 at 8:22 pm

LOL I think that you are doubting yourself. I have seen your posts in my other thread and believe that you can do this sort of collaborative story telling just fine. Just have faith and spread your wings. Start off just being as descriptive of your surrounding as possible. Create the environment you want to be there and I will play along unless it is completely out of what my vision is. But I really doubt that will happen much. This is pretty much a you create it and it becomes real.

Once you get comfortable creating the environment, you move on to the people then the interactions. Pretty soon you are telling one third of the story. Ta da.

• shaman_yuri

August 1, 2017 at 10:13 pm

Depending on the situation, I actually have trouble reacting. I’m glad I have some time to sleep on my latest challenge since my little one is still forming in my head. She’s not quite ready to respond and I’m certainly not going to talk for her… :p

• aria

Organizer
    August 2, 2017 at 3:39 am
    1655 wrote:

Sure. We are actually still on the day we met. It is evening in Marseilles and still afternoon in Boston. I think that we are on the same day so far. I will start using time marks. It should still be Sunday.

Ok, for consistency then can we assume that my post for Dream is happening sometime after your interaction with Caroline late evening, but not too late to head out???

• mercy

August 2, 2017 at 8:50 am

I think that would be correct. She is still loading cargo at the airport there before departing for Bogota.

• mercy

August 5, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Hey, Cat, do you want me to post a response to JD or do you want to carry on with the story?

Page 1 of 11