Get a Room!

• aria

June 20, 2017 at 6:53 am

No problem, just let Glo know where you want her to be… although walking in to a cloud of gas won’t be high on her ‘to do’ list…

• adamu

June 21, 2017 at 6:42 am

@Aria – I have reviewed back through the thread quite a ways, and I THINK Glo is still hanging with Al and Jan in the storage unit…..If I got that wrong I can edit out the last bit of my recent post (or change it to a commcall).

• aria

June 21, 2017 at 6:49 am

Yes, still there as far as I know… bit hazy on timings of things now though

• jack_spade

June 21, 2017 at 7:34 am

On the rules mechanics of John’s plan: Pepperpunch grenades have a radius of 10m, so I assume, opening a valve will allow John to pass a 10m radius with every initiative pass. With an expected 4 passes (and his insane movement speed) he can cover within one combat round (that hopefully contains the guests to be surprised saturate a whole ball room with up to 1200m². Going full defense at full speed I can add another dose to the mix to increase the toxin rating in the second round at the end of which everyone affected will have to resist damage.
    One round later even the hardest bastard should be on his knees (it’s contact vector too)

Depending on your mood you could open up the airflow again and safe their lives, or leave them to asphyxiate within the next four combat rounds.

How we keep the doors closed depends on how the layout is – electronic locks can be hacked, but using glue spray seems to be the more secure option – another job for a skilled Infiltrator 😉

• mercy

June 21, 2017 at 8:51 am

What is your move? I thought that the move was for the entire turn, not per each IP, so that a person with a movement of 12 could go 12 meters spaced throughout the entire combat turn. Running would be more distance, but I still am not sure how the math works.

• jack_spade

June 21, 2017 at 9:05 am

The drone body has 5G movement

Per the basic rules, that translates to 160 m per turn
    Per the a little more sane rules of 30m/turn per point of speed its 150m/turn

So there is quite a bit of ground John can cover 😀

• mercy

June 21, 2017 at 9:11 am

Wow. So how does anyone prepare for or beat something like you?

• jack_spade

June 21, 2017 at 9:22 am

Doesn’t mean you can’t just hit the drone – the speed doesn’t much for my defense (except that I can quickly disengage)

• misterjoshua

June 21, 2017 at 11:14 am
    680 wrote:

Wow. So how does anyone prepare for or beat something like you?

This was what I asked after our last mission 😛

It’s all going to look a bit Benny Hill isn’t it? John running in circles around a room excreting gas while everyone collapses 😀

Maybe if we’ve got o seal the air-con anyway we could always just pump the gas in? Are the doors really going to contain it?

• adamu

June 21, 2017 at 11:39 am

Well, it’s pepper spray. In my experience (and I don’t know the technical term), it’s not even really a true gas, more of a liquid or at best a mist. It gets into everything it touches, but it’s fairly heavy relative to air so it doesn flow and drift around much beyond the immediate dispersal zone. Anything that does go through doors witll be a painful annoyance, not a threat.

As for killing John, there are lots of good ways, some simple, some complicated. All depends on whether the opposition knows what they’re up against.

In my imagination, the Triads, Yaks, etc aren’t nearly as stupid as Al makes them out to be (because Al is just about as fatally overconfident and groundlessly dismissive of his enemies as they come).
    If the Triads had moderately intelligent player-characters running them, they’d already have figured out who we are and with a bit of simple legwork communicated with the yaks and the seoulpas about everything they know about John. The Triads would all be sporting tasers and stun batons, and they’d have a specialized team of ECM experts and hackers to take him on or at least kick him out of his body.

of course I also think that we’d all have been subject to a lot more assassination attempts already at this point (and have thought of running some, but never find the time – sorry – but then, these guys never forget, so whenever I do find the time…..!). Not saying we couldn’t make it – we are pretty cool characters. But I think the ride could probably have been a lot rougher so far – just as much them hunting us as us hunting them.

Then again, it really is all about having fun!

• misterjoshua

June 21, 2017 at 12:58 pm

I agree. I think the whole thing is too smooth. I was going to interject some problems but kinda felt like we were treading on mercys solo storyline…

If I were to interject, there’s a good chance we’d all die tonight. I think Fu Shing would also likely face an internal rebellion ?

• jack_spade

June 21, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Smooth? Nah, I count at least 5 moving parts with this plan that could go horribly wrong (or horribly right – considering that gas attacks tend to be really indiscriminate).
    John is just as irresponsible and arrogant as Al (or maybe more so) thanks to the fact that a) he is actually barely older than 21 b) he thinks he can escape the consequences of his actions at any time. As Adamu made clear that is not the case at all.

• jack_spade

June 21, 2017 at 11:55 pm

@Mercy
    Small correction: Ving Sung never learned about John’s involvement. He was unconscious before the battle began and John wasn’t physically present at the interrogation

• mercy

June 22, 2017 at 12:09 am

Edited it to two men and the girl. Thank you for pointing that out.

And, hey, if you need to throw Tanya for a loop, then go ahead and do it. I can try to work around it and adapt. I think killing Fu Shing would hurt her plans a lot and hope that you do not need to go that far, but hey, it is life in the sixth world, right?

But, like Adam, I do think it is about having fun and not necessarily busting chops just to make a player’s story hard or impossible. I can get that from home.

• jack_spade

June 22, 2017 at 2:47 am

@Mercy
    Thanks. And as mentioned, Tanya won’t get grief from John in that regard – theoretically she could even stop the gas attack completely by asking nicely 😀

• aria

June 22, 2017 at 7:19 am
    679 wrote:

The drone body has 5G movement

Per the basic rules, that translates to 160 m per turn
    Per the a little more sane rules of 30m/turn per point of speed its 150m/turn

So there is quite a bit of ground John can cover

50m / s for the more conservative rules??? Ok, I think we need to take that with a pinch of salt too… we all know that SR rules fall in to the realm of insanity once in a while! How the F*** would you corner at that speed, let alone avoid anything!?? 🙂

• jack_spade

June 22, 2017 at 10:27 am

There is a reason I installed climbing claws into all my limbs 😀

• mercy

June 22, 2017 at 11:06 am

I am still trying to figure out what Tanya will say about the poison idea. It certainly seems to be able to do the trick in removing her main opponents, but there is just part of her that shudders at the technique. Still, it is probably cleaner than trying to kill them all in a fight. She definitely shares Al’s concerns about outsiders and innocents being killed.

• jack_spade

June 22, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Can’t make an omelette without crushing some eggs and adding a bit of pepper 😉

• adamu

June 22, 2017 at 6:15 pm

Hah! Sweet! It’s on!

Bullet hole in the truck is no problem – assume it does indeed look like crap!

But just so future bullets don’t punch through quite so easily, and since I think I’ve only ever gotten around to giving access to Al’s full sheet to Aria (too tedious to put all the gear on OP), here are the truck’s details.

Gaz P-179 (Toyota Gopher equivalent) w/spoof chip and morphing plate, to toggle between Hannibal and Joey IDs, Joey unless otherwise stated; +4 points concealed armor, PPS 6, manual control override, gridlink override (offroad suspension, open box storage standard)

Not sure how you want to run this, but if we’re doing dice then Al’s initiative will be 28. Will drop that to 18 to be on full-defense.

First pass is to run outside (movement), take a glance around (free), shout a phrase (free), and get truck underway (complex).

In case the sniper tries to shoot me on the way to the truck, here are a couple of defense rolls.
    Full D vs. sniper: 2#26d6t5 14 8

Let me know anything else you need.

Page 2 of 52