OOC Pt 2

• OOC Pt 2

Posted by aria on January 24, 2019 at 7:56 am

Starting a new master OOC thread for SoP so that hopefully it will fix the 1000 max posts issue before bouncing us to the start of the thread.

mercy replied 4 years, 11 months ago 8 Members · 51 Replies
  • 51 Replies
  • jack_spade

January 24, 2019 at 3:10 pm

I noticed it actually starts at 900 posts – but good idea anyway 😀

• mercy

February 1, 2019 at 3:33 am

I have been approved for the next round of chemo. The first session is tomorrow morning and lasts for three hours, with additional smaller treatments taking 46 hours. I do not know if I will be in any condition to post after the session or during the weekend, but i will try.

• adamu

February 1, 2019 at 5:16 am

Dude, that last round was just horrible for you….any indication this round will be less harrowing?

Post when you can, and not before you’re feeling up to it.

The games will still be here, and I for one see no need to rush them forward until you are back at your keyboard.

• aria

Organizer
    February 1, 2019 at 5:20 am

Absolutely!

• mercy

February 1, 2019 at 11:46 am

LOL Yes, the last round was very bad and I am told that the second uses even more aggressive drugs and so ought to be worse. It is, however, a step in the right direction to beating this crap. I appreciate the concern and wood wishes. I promise to not push myself too hard, but I also promise to be back.

• Imladir

February 1, 2019 at 12:31 pm

Well, like it was said before, we’ll be here 🙂

• mercy

February 2, 2019 at 11:27 pm

Hello. I have been going through some expected side effects of the drugs. At least I now have a good idea of the process. I arrive at the hospital at 0830 to get some lab work done and get to the infusion chair at about 0900. The first step is to pump me with a good bit of anti-nausea medicine through my port, which takes about an hour. Then they start two of the chemo drugs, which takes about 3 hours. After all of this is done, they hook me up with a pump that pushes the other chemo drug into me for the next forty-six hours. They come to my house on Sunday and remove the pump. I am experiencing some added fatigue and a severe susceptibility to cold already and the nausea will probably start on Monday after the drugs wear off and I can start taking some other anti-nausea pills to combat that. Other side effects are expected to appear the longer I go. I repeat this process every two weeks for six months then they check to be sure the cancer is as gone as it can be and, with luck, the operate on me to stick my intestines back inside me and remove the osteo bag. A fun time will be had.

• adamu

February 4, 2019 at 4:48 am

Dude, wow, that sounds truly miserable.

But if it keeps you with us…

Thoughts with you!

• gilga

February 4, 2019 at 6:46 am

Seems terrible, but I hope it all goes well! We will be here when you feel better.

• mercy

February 27, 2019 at 4:31 pm

Hey, does Cleansing help in the caverns?

• jack_spade

February 27, 2019 at 4:44 pm

Hey, great to see you back.
    If I understand it correctly, the shifting nature of the BGC would make quite a lot of cleansing necessary

• obidancer

February 27, 2019 at 4:48 pm

Hi Guy , only jumping in fro a bit, I’ve missed a lot!
    Mercy, welcome back, and sending you my wishes to a strong recovery. Sound terrible what you must be going through.
    Everyone, thank you for your patience.

• mercy

February 28, 2019 at 11:40 am

Thank you, Obi. Yes, it is hard and sometimes very hard, but the alternative sucks even more.

As to Cleansing, it should still help if I do it just before casting a spell, though, right?

• aria

Organizer
    February 28, 2019 at 12:38 pm

Yes… the BC is more thematic than anything else… it’s a bit like the waves at the seashore lapping in and out, but with a definite tidal direction, as if it’s being sucked in to a fovae perhaps <evil grin>

You might all want to re-read the Forbidden Arcana bit where Elijah talks about his experiences with one (although it has spoilers)… just depends whether you start to describe it IC before I can!

• jack_spade

February 28, 2019 at 2:00 pm

Yepp, that’s a really great chapter to read. There’s going to be some really bad mind fuckery as well…

• mercy

March 17, 2019 at 1:18 am

So, what are we waiting on here? Is it me?

• jack_spade

March 17, 2019 at 7:21 am

Nope, we need some guidance on who and what will happen next.

• mercy

March 17, 2019 at 9:53 am

Cool. Can you tell me which chapter Aria was referring to in the Forgotten Arcana book?

• electric_muppet

March 17, 2019 at 11:22 am

I think she is talking about the stuff on page 169. But that’s an uninformed guess bases on that being the only bit with elijha in it

• aria

Organizer
    March 17, 2019 at 3:55 pm

It’s on my list… don’t worry, should have more time this week I hope!

Page 1 of 3