Get a Room!

Home Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Panzerknacker OOC: Shooting Stars

• aria

November 21, 2019 at 4:23 am

Lily has some assault rifle rolls from when I thought she’d be shooting boats… as they weren’t used for that can they be applied to the drones?

Post is here: https://wordpress-644450-2100352.cloudwaysapps.com/games/topic/ooc-shooting-stars/page/16/#post-22356

• jack_spade

November 21, 2019 at 1:13 pm

@gilga and Aria
    That’s some nice shots, even with the penalties you’d get
    I can’t be arsed tonight to roll for the drones, so let’s assume you manage to take them down before they get in range with you 😉

Which is a bit of a pity, because they would have been quite fun 😛

• adamu

November 22, 2019 at 8:00 am

For you!

• jack_spade

November 22, 2019 at 9:53 am

Certainly 🙂
    But I guess, you all would have found plasma pistols to be quite interesting…

• beta

November 22, 2019 at 6:32 pm

I’m certainly not going to roll the (infinity – 1) rolls for Preston to check out the ship, so I guess just buy successes: 3.

• aria

November 27, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Perception for Lily: 13d6t5: 3 [13d6t5=3, 5, 4, 5, 3, 3, 2, 3, 6, 1, 2, 1, 4], last 3D are for visual perception but as they weren’t hits anyway it’s moot 🙂

• adamu

November 28, 2019 at 7:34 am

Looks like Preston and Lily already handled the Perception test.

But just in case it is needed for anything, here is Al’s.
    perception: 13d6t5 3

• adamu

November 29, 2019 at 6:05 am

@Jack_Spade

Just some quick questions to clarify our situation.

(1) Does Thorn know who these guys are or anything about them? If he doesn’t, of course that’s fine.
    But just because you didn’t have him respond to Al’s question, I thought maybe you’d just missed it.

(2) To recap, we landed the plane off the coast of some village outside the city, and came into the city in a rented Tata Hotspur. That’s where we were headed when the bad guys showed up.
    How far are we from our own car? (Just to help decide if we need to try to steal one.)

(3) What is public security like here in Panama City? is it all civilized and no guns and cameras everywhere? Or is it more Wild West, with weapons openly carried and cops easily bribed?
    Trying to get a feel for how law enforecement would respond to an open engagement with these thugs and drones….

Thanks!

• jack_spade

November 29, 2019 at 9:08 am

Ah sorry, was in a bit in a hurry when I posted.
    I’ll amend that with an IP description

• beta

November 29, 2019 at 9:14 am

Last minute new item requested prior to Monday’s meetings, so now it is looking like a bit of a sprint to pull things together before flying out. In other words I doubt I’ll sit down to make hacking rolls before Monday.

• aria

November 29, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Initiative 12+3D6 = 26 Full Def 16

Jump + Rt6 Hydraulic Jacks
    Gym+Agi 2m/hit on running jump (max Agix1.5m +20%/jack Rt) [Phy+6 limit] 15d6t5: 3 [15d6t5=3, 4, 6, 1, 1, 3, 1, 4, 3, 2, 5, 1, 4, 5, 3], still a 6m jump is reasonably impressive 😛

Run
    Agi 9 x4m +2m/hit sprint
    Running + Str [Phy limit] 13d6t5: 3 [13d6t5=2, 5, 1, 4, 6, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 2, 3, 6], 42m sprint

Dice Gods not with me today, would have been as well buying hits but ah well…

Edge remaining 5/7

• beta

November 29, 2019 at 12:44 pm

First pass for Preston is talking. Second is going into hot sim, at which point hot sim init kicks in hot sim init: 10+4d6 23

Third action is posting an ARO as covered in the spoiler bar IC

Turn 2:
    hot sim init: 10+4d6 25

Pass 1:
    matrix perception
    matrix perception: 13d6t5 4
    + hot sim bonus hot sim bonus on matrix perception: 2d6t5 1
    = 5 successes to spot the drones (and if he has any excess successes: are they currently directly piloted, what is their rating, what weapons are in their PAN)

After that it depends on what he sees, and if he is being told they have to move out (i.e. if Alex is dropping invis on them all).

• jack_spade

November 30, 2019 at 5:05 am

They are standard Pilot 3 drones, currently on auto pilot and equipped with Ruger 101s

Defenses are 13 dice total.

• gilga

November 30, 2019 at 1:26 pm

Initiative: 14+4d6 29
    Simple action: Observe in details – find the safest azimut to run toward and escape.
    Simple(?) action: Activate movement.
    Move action: run away.

Free action: Ask Alex for Invisibility to cover their escape.
    Becky can make 44 meters per combat seconds, multiplied by 8 which is 352 meters.

• gilga

December 1, 2019 at 1:32 pm

Testing.

• aria

December 2, 2019 at 7:50 am

@Gilga… as fast as a car indeed lol

• jack_spade

December 2, 2019 at 5:29 pm

Anyone heard of Adamu?
    I assume that Al is likely going to act first and wil probably take ou one of Lily’s opponents…

• aria

December 3, 2019 at 5:15 am

I’ve not heard from him but I do know he was intending to slow down on manic posting rates so hopefully he’s just busy

• adamu

December 3, 2019 at 10:20 am

Super sorry everyone.

Just can’t find a second to breathe this week.

I’ll have something up in the next couple of hours.

• adamu

December 3, 2019 at 12:05 pm

holy moley I just somehow lost my whole detailed post of my actions and rolls and so on

I am so sorry – I don’t have another half hour – gotta run right now

Initiative was 26

I spent two edge (Lily counting on me – need to hit every time) ending up with five rifle shots that I am pretty sure were 7, 5, 6, 7, and 5 hits.

Idea is to shoot from boat – centering an estimated -8 penalty on the first shot so as not to hit anyone in the crowd, then when they all scatter/drop as the shooting starts, use Call Shot Stomach on the others (not because I care about killing them, but because I think screaming dying friends all around you has a certain effect), again centering away all the penalties.

Shots can be swapped out for drones (the greater threat) in the event that Preston can’t take them both out.

Page 19 of 21