Get a Room!

Home Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Panzerknacker OOC: Shooting Stars

• adamu

April 23, 2019 at 2:56 pm

Got it! Thanks.

• jack_spade

April 25, 2019 at 10:04 am

You can post your approach to the villa when you are ready – it’s deserted, oppulent and pretty chaotic inside.
    Basically assume a Luxury Lifestyle with nearly all available upgrades (aside from the special shadow runner services)
    Three garages and a roofed swimming pool behind the house.

• aria

April 25, 2019 at 12:39 pm

@Jack_Spade: would it help if we had a mage on board to make things a bit more ‘realistic’ (laugh out loud) for a runner team? I could perhaps introduce/play a secondary character (Hunter perhaps – he’s a mysad but…?) who can do magic stuff whilst not hogging the lime light?

I’d hoped too that Ichante would be with us but ah well…

• jack_spade

April 25, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Don’t worry about it. You are more than capable to deal with all the things I’m going to throw at you. Being able to assense and knowledge about astral threats are usually 90% of what you actually need from a mage.

That said, I of course would have been more than happy to have Tecumseh/Ichante along for the ride.

• beta

April 25, 2019 at 4:07 pm

I admit that I’m kind of looking forward to having to solve situations without (much) magic. I’m hoping that this brings some other skills and gear and so forth into more use. (Not that I didn’t think of suggesting a switch from Preston to Forty or just a new mage — unlike any other character type, I can bang out a mage quickly). I love mages and love having one on a team, but change is good too 🙂

ETA: If we had a late addition of Ichante I would do nothing but cheer, however!

• adamu

April 26, 2019 at 5:04 am

Just a quick point of clarification, since I’m not sure I’ve been clear and I think it makes a bit of a difference:

The Gaz is a big pick-up truck with an extended cab. (Toyota Gopher equivalent.) So it’s got an open truck bed in back. It is just a dusty workhorse Al uses now to get back and forth from Hell’s Kitchen into the city.

The Gov (Aztechnology Governor) is a GMC Bulldog equivalent – your typical runner-use big panel van. With the abiity to change the color, logos, etc, this is what Al will be using in urban situations in Seattle. Easily seats a full party.
    (Not that everyone has to use it if they want to drive their own cars!)

• beta

April 26, 2019 at 9:12 am

Oops, I didn’t notice the Gaz / Gov difference until now (both are ‘vehicles owned by Al’ and ‘spelled “G” – “round vowel” – “high scrabble point letter near the end of the alphabet” and with the odd way that my brain seems to process names, that makes them almost identical until you put them side by side.). I’ve now updated my last IC post to refer to the Gov.

• adamu

April 26, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Ha ha!

All good!!!

Things have been crazy at work and busy with a special screening of Infinity War on Tuesday night and then of course End Game last night, so posting has been sparse.

If no one else does, I’ll follow Jack’s instruction and post our arrival at the villa in a few hours.

But if anyone beats me to it, so much the better!

• adamu

April 26, 2019 at 7:42 pm

Getting late. If I get time before the story moves along too far, I’ll put up some fluff about looking for clues.

But here’s my Perception Test to avoid holding things up.

looking for clues!: 16d6t5 5

• beta

April 26, 2019 at 8:15 pm

Likewise, rolls for now, IC hopefully soon, and with it some hacking rolls. But soon might mean Saturday.
    Perception: 12d6t5 1
    foresic technologist: 13d6t5 4

Apparently he was too excited by a chance to play with his forensics kit and to do some hacking to actually look very hard for clues out in the open.

• aria

April 27, 2019 at 1:02 pm

Perception 10D +3D visual +3D search in detail

4 hits… could be better but ah well…

• adamu

April 27, 2019 at 5:56 pm
  • gilga

April 28, 2019 at 10:24 am

Almost caught up!

Let’s add up what I can.
    Assensing: 11d6t5 5
    Perception +3: 14d6t5 6

• aria

April 28, 2019 at 4:57 pm

I’m sure Jack has told us but I can’t remember… is our missing star a human? Elf? … ta

• beta

April 28, 2019 at 5:27 pm

Sorry to be slow on getting to the hacking — I finished a really busy Saturday by getting nailed with a stomach bug, and am just getting back to being functional.

@Jack_Spade for the hacking, you’d indicated earlier R3 device and a rating 5 host. If Preston goes to the system that Al found in the hidden area, does any of that change? Anyway, will get to that system after the modern one.

Using little hornet 5411, configued to A1S1D4F5, overclocker to add 1 to primary attribute at any time, perfect time to swap firewall to sleaze or dataprocessing when needed then back again. Deck running smoke and mirrors and stealth, fancy datajack running tool box, edit, and decryption. (sleaze, attack, and data processing all bumped by 1) Has the noise reduction module on his deck (I forget the name) giving total of 4 noise reduction, so sets smoke and mirrors to 4

1)buy successes to mark the device.
    – 3 marks, Overwatch 4

2) enters the host
    Host rating 5 A6S5D7F8

3) Immediately do Matrix search to find the records of the security system (limit 7)
    find sec files: 14d6t5 7
    host def vs search: 13d6t5 3
    – found files, OW 4. Legal action, so not worrying much about patrol IC

4) matrix perception to check over the files for problems (limit 7)
    check files: 14d6t5 5
    host resist: 13d6t5 5
    – Can’t quite tell, but it is a legal action so not setting off alarms. OW 4

5) Go ahead and try to copy the files anyway (limit 7)
    copy file: 14d6t5 4
    edge that edge re-roll fails: 10d6t5 5 takes it up to the limit of 7 successes.
    automatically fail because they are encrypted. Ouch on the edge
    – have the files, OW4

6) Crack files: (rating 3 encryption, limt 7)
    url=http://orokos.com/roll/722987]crack decryption[/url]: 17d6t5 6
    file resist cracking: 6d6t5 3
    – success, OW 7

7) try copying again (limit 7) (also getting the dice pool right this time)
    copy files: 17d6t5 3
    edge that again copy files re-roll fails: 14d6t5 3 total 6 successes
    host resist: 13d6t5 4

8) reboot

Spoiler:
    edge 2/4
  • jack_spade

April 29, 2019 at 5:43 am

@aria
    Yes, Alex is an Elf
    @beta
    No nasty surprised, but the files are encrypted with 3 successes

• beta

April 29, 2019 at 9:39 am

editing my ooc and IC posts to reflect the decryption

• adamu

April 29, 2019 at 12:46 pm

@Jack_Spade

Fun room.

Do I need a test to make this non-AR, non-matrixey security system work? Wasn’t sure it that would be Hardware or Computer. Happy to roll whichever.

Also, wondering if the weapons all seem to be made for the same person, as in, similar grips, weight, balancing, etc.

The only Eastern European language Al reads is Russian, but the Cyrillic alphabet is used in a lot of Eastern European languages (as are Arabic numbers across most modern languages)….. Just wondering if Al can get a sense of the range of dates the diaries span.

• beta

April 29, 2019 at 1:26 pm

FWIW, Preston has pretty flent Ukrainian (he went to school in Ukrainian), so if it isn’t Russian perhaps they could teamwork the books?

• jack_spade

April 29, 2019 at 5:16 pm

@adamu
    Computer with 3 successes is enough.
    The weapons are indeed all made with the same grip size – and they seem to be genuine, but well cared for period pieces – and in most cases seem to have seen quite a lot of use.

The diaries go back to the early 1900s. It’s not hard to find out that it’s Rumanian.

Page 2 of 21