Get a Room!

Home Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Panzerknacker OOC: Shooting Stars

• beta

April 29, 2019 at 5:30 pm

Not that it matters, but Rumanian is a romance language — closer to Italian than to the Slavic languages around it. (my father-in-law was ethnically Rumanian but born in Yugoslavia, I had to learn some of the distinctions!)

• adamu

April 29, 2019 at 5:36 pm

Yup, this is looking more and more like good old Alex is an immortal elf or whatever.

Al will also be doing a quick public info search on the star – see what it has to say about his birth/early life.

So I did one of my own in the real world –

Veljanov
    Singer, Featured artist, Musical Artist, Lyricist, Musician, Person, Composer, Topic, Social network user
    Alexander Veljanov is a Macedonian singer. He became famous through singing in the darkwave band Deine Lakaien which he founded with Ernst Horn in 1985.

So will that be part of the game world? Something Al will also be able to easily dig up?
    Or should was it just inspirational for you, and I should not treat it as part of the SR world?

• adamu

April 29, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Oh, here’s a Computer test

Computer test: 10d6t5 4

• jack_spade

April 29, 2019 at 6:16 pm

@adamu
    I’ll go with yes, it’s inspirational 😉

Surprisingly enought, there is not much known about his early life – he popped up on the scene some time during early 40ies…

@beta
    You certainly will find it fascinating to know that, Romania used the cyrillic alphabet until 1862 😀

• adamu

April 29, 2019 at 6:24 pm

Yeah, I see that on Wikipedia – all secretey about his birth date!

Understood, in our game world there’s no Diene Lakaien at the turn of the century! – but should use the real Alex Veljanov’s picture and music (which I’m listening to right now) for the game-Veljanov’s image and music?

And I assume Al’s data search on the guy turns up the same caginess about early life/birthday…..

• jack_spade

April 29, 2019 at 6:28 pm

Yes, I happen to like Deine Lakaien and Veljanov is a good fit for a mysterious elf celebrity in the 2070ies 🙂

• beta

April 30, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Jack: a few questions:
    – anything on either security system about vehicles?
    – suggestions on how, mechanically, to look at what the paparazzi may have filmed? (possibly just a matrix search, on the theory that material would be available online by now? Alternatively some number of representative hacking attempts? Or something else?)
    – My assumption is that our earlier perception checks (etc) cover the overall search of the house, and that therefore we don’t need to delve into more detailed search descriptions. This is correct?

• jack_spade

April 30, 2019 at 5:17 pm

Ah yes, thing is: I didn’t plan there to be paparazzi – that was a nice piece of fluff on adamu’s part. Let’s just say, that they did not camp out the whole night. Research shows that someone tipped them off, that there had been some kind of party at Alex’ house.
    The old security system only has eyes inside the house and immediately around it.
    You get a glimpse of a sportscar, but it’s parked at an angle so that the plates aren’t visible. The new system is compromised and just shows a bunch of taxis arriving and driving away again. Those too are fabrications of whoever hacked the carmeras.
    Yeah, you found pretty much all the important clues.

• adamu

April 30, 2019 at 5:22 pm

So here’s my Agent’s roll for just general public knowledge on Alex.
    Just seems like a box that should be ticked, not trying to make you do a lot of pointless work – just a summary of what seems relevant…
    Matrix search: 13d6t5 3

And here is to try and figure out what it is exactly that is strange about the people’s movements…Perception Test with Observe in Detail?
    Funny movements???: 16d6t5 8
    Still under my Mental Limit.

• beta

April 30, 2019 at 5:23 pm

I amended my IC post to add Preston checking on tire tracks in the drive (especially since we have the location of at least one vehicle). It may not matter, but as Preston’s thoughts point out, you give Al any info about a car and set him loose …. and by the by, if Preston picks up footprints, either in the house or on the drive, he would certainly want to grab those too. Foot size, stride length, could all help nail down our targets in the future.

perception: 12d6t5 4
    forensics: 13d6t5 6

• jack_spade

April 30, 2019 at 5:35 pm

@adamu
    You can be pretty certain that the four people were actually very lifelike drones moving on auto pilot.
    Also you can find out that actually nobody really knows where Alex came from before he appared on the scene some 30 years ago. Only since he started acting, has he gotten really famous.

@beta
    There are two tracks: One from racing tyres and one that most likely belong to a GMC Bulldog type of van. The gravel outside did not retain any useful footprints. Inside you have the recordings to get a sense of their size and movement.

• beta

April 30, 2019 at 5:39 pm

Thanks Jack.

Next step is to report back to our Johnson I think, unless there is anything the rest of you want to cover first?

• aria

April 30, 2019 at 7:06 pm

@adamu sorry I high jacked your revelation, seemed appropriate after your IC ?

• adamu

April 30, 2019 at 7:53 pm

Well – it definitely fits Lily’s character that she’d spot that right off.

• adamu

May 2, 2019 at 4:24 pm

@Jack_Spade

I love the open-minded way you interpret the Tracking skill. I always think of it in the traditional, physical sense.

But happy to expand it out in the sense you are suggesting.

You didn’t say the interval on the extended test or the threshold, but here are some rolls to get started.
    four trecking tests: 4#15d6t5 4 3 5 7

I was too lazy to do four separate rolls, each with one less die. So the successes are actually 4, 2, 5, and 7.

If that doesn’t work, I know some cops. But we don’t like each other much, so would prefer to do it myself.

Will fluff some of the tracking, but I guess we need to do a quick meet with Horn first.

@Gilga – do you want to talk to the paparazzi during or after the meet with Horn?

• jack_spade

May 2, 2019 at 4:31 pm

@adamu
    That’s actually the intended use from the core book:
    “In urban tracking, additional hits can be used to identify local crowd movement patterns, relevant cameras, and AR clues that reveal where the target was heading and how long ago it passed by.”

And yeah, four hours and you find the girls in a club in Redmond.

• adamu

May 2, 2019 at 4:55 pm

Sweet!

That’ll be a fun post to write (and not necessarily just by Al).

But we got the meet, and maybe the paps, first. Those won’t take long, though.

• adamu

May 4, 2019 at 5:46 pm

Seriously, I’m in no rush to quickly end the meet with Horn.

But comes a point when people are ready to move on, but they don’t want to end the scene in case anyone else has more things to say.

So now you won’t have to worry about Al!

• gilga

May 5, 2019 at 1:18 pm

Guys, I am taking some time off due to the security state in Israel. Too crazy for me to SR now. Hopefully, it’ll calm down soon – but my mind is not there right now.

• beta

May 5, 2019 at 1:20 pm

I understand. Take care of yourself, body and mind — and your family too.

Page 3 of 21