April 26, 2017 at 5:37 pm

Dude – again, amazing.

Glad to be here!

• jack_spade

April 28, 2017 at 8:25 am

Cool layout – this forum is really coming together

• ennui

April 30, 2017 at 8:32 pm

Hmm can you make drones invisible using any spells? Invisibility says subject and there is a vehicle mask spell.

• obidancer

May 1, 2017 at 12:59 am

Vehicle Mask would make it look different, but not invisible.
    Since they made a variation of the Physical spell for drone and vehicle, I would assume the same could be done with Invisibility!

Let’s see :
    Vehicle Invisibility
    (Realistic, single sense)
    Type: M. Range: LOS
    Duration: S. Drain: F-4

Improve Vehicle Invisibility
    Same with Type: P and Drain F-3
    Affect technological sensors as well.

That said, does it say anywhere the subject needs to be living?
    I would rule Invisibility and Improve Invisibility could be used on anything. After all your gear get invisible too when cast on you. And since the range spell is LOS, you don’t event need to touch someone/thing to make it invisible.

My two cents.

• jack_spade

May 3, 2017 at 11:44 am

Argh, there I am, having gotten my character in order and then… poof… Forbidden Arcana appears and I get so many new options and ideas…

• obidancer

May 3, 2017 at 2:08 pm

It’s out? Need to check that out now!

• aria

Organizer
    May 3, 2017 at 5:40 pm

But no new adept powers πŸ™

• jack_spade

May 3, 2017 at 11:53 pm

Well, there is that new 10 point quality that allows you to cast touch spells with the unarmed combat skill…

• obidancer

May 4, 2017 at 12:13 am

Not impressed with this Quality:
    First, it is reserved to the Buddhism Tradition
    Second, the Force Limit of Magic/3 makes the attack pretty useless.

• jack_spade

May 4, 2017 at 2:13 am

Thought that first too, but you have to read the text carefully:
    Buddhism only means you need a lower skill rating – it’s still free for all.

Also, you are not limited to combat spells – it’s touch spells, which allows you for a random example Increased Reflexes used with reagents, or analyse device or any other neat touch spell that doesn’t need force for it’s effect

• aria

Organizer
    May 4, 2017 at 7:27 am

If anyone fancies a bit of data entry and wants to put some of the Forbidden Arcana stuff in to my excel generator please let me know! It’s worth bonus karma as Adam and Jack will attest to πŸ™‚

Let me know which bit you’d like to do, download the latest version (<<CG5.17>>) and highlight any cells you change so I can copy it back in to the master…think that we agreed last time that every 30 mins counts as an IC post, so an hour gets you a point of karma and 2000 nuyen, it’ll be on trust, I don’t intend to clock your hours πŸ˜€

• jack_spade

May 4, 2017 at 11:56 am

I planned to offer my services again once I get a grip on the book – that data entry work is really great if you want to learn the new rules by heart πŸ˜€

• obidancer

May 4, 2017 at 4:16 pm

Thought that first too, but you have to read the text carefully:
    Buddhism only means you need a lower skill rating – it’s still free for all.

Indeed! said rating-2. You’re right!

Also, you are not limited to combat spells – it’s touch spells, which allows you for a random example Increased Reflexes used with reagents, or analyse device or any other neat touch spell that doesn’t need force for it’s effect

Very true. I can easily see that Quality being abused though. The way I read it, it needs an unarmed attack (touch) against a target and power works as long as the adept skin touches target’s skin or clothes. Therefore 1) I wouldn’t allow powers on self 2) whether it would work on objects (for analyze device) is debatable in my opinion.
    Most Negative Health Spell can be quite good though indeed, with the use of Reagents. I just feel there needs to be some sort of “attack”. But it may just be my interpretation.

So though it needs some clarification, I see your point @Jack_Spade, good quality for Adepts!

• aria

Organizer
    May 15, 2017 at 11:04 am

I’ve begun the penning of the opening IC but want to work to make it suitably epic! If any of you want to begin to draft opening ICs then please make them just before the spring equinox 2077! March 19th… anywhere in the world is fine, I’ll find a way to drag you in πŸ™‚

• jack_spade

May 15, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Alright, Vindariel visits Verdun… πŸ˜€

• mercy

May 20, 2017 at 11:21 am

Jack, what is the game effect of the void you carry? My character is a mage, so will it affect me greatly?

Page 1 of 56