Get a Room!

• beta

July 21, 2020 at 8:34 am

OK, I’m going to roll back my IC post, and give you more of a chance to respond. Key element here is that the driver is using the truck to provide cover when going from the truck to the door of the building.

• beta

July 22, 2020 at 1:52 pm

Aria is soon heading off on three weeks vacation, with no guarantee of forum access/time. I’d like to try and wrap this scene up with Jack and Electric_Muppet, then a) pause until vacations are done, and b) once vacations are done we’ll see if people have the interest in carrying on (there is still a missing nephew and some other odds and ends that have come up)

==========================

We are off of combat time, but I am going to be proceeding roughly by turns.

-Lilly is heading back to the scene of her fight currently

– the truck is approaching the building (~50 meters away)

– Batshit was laying down suppressive fire using gel rounds, but that probably isn’t helping much currently with the truck still driving so feel free to modify that action. Note: currently about 400 m from the building, slightly off-line with the truck.

– Kynos was getting moving for a tactical approach to the building, and presumably has started moving. Note: currently about 400 m from the building, slightly off-line with the truck.

– The track is nearby to Kynos and Batshit, and is easy enough to move on, but is only a few meters wide with no cover. The rest of the open area is fairly deeply snow covered (enough to lower the move multiplier by one (walk=agilityx1, run=agilityx3), make sprinting impossible, and make running incur fatigue like sprinting normally does), and has some dips and boulders that make getting cover possible.

• electric_muppet

July 22, 2020 at 3:19 pm

Batshit is putting suppression on the door into the bunker not the car/truck.

• jack_spade

Administrator
    July 22, 2020 at 3:32 pm

The proposed method means, we move along the road, with one person covering while the other moves past and takes cover – repeating the process for each other.

So for the moment Batshit can stop firing 😉

• beta

July 23, 2020 at 10:21 pm

IIt would not be impossible to drop a grenade over the barrier but still drop it in front of the building, but it would require shooting much higher than normal. Call it -3 if KKynos wants to.

• jack_spade

Administrator
    July 24, 2020 at 8:55 am

Sure:

[url=https://orokos.com/roll/830013]Aim and Shoot[/url]: 8d6t5 2

Slight deviation of [url=https://orokos.com/roll/830014]Deviation[/url]: 3d6-2 13 m.

to the [url=https://orokos.com/roll/830015]Deviation[/url]: 2d6 11

left side and short.

Let’s try this again:

[url=https://orokos.com/roll/830016]aim and shoot[/url]: 8d6t5 4

Spot on this time.

• electric_muppet

July 24, 2020 at 4:56 pm

@beta do you want me to roll observing in detail every round or will you let me know when?

• electric_muppet

July 25, 2020 at 3:02 pm

I’m holding back posting till @beta respond to @jack_spade ic post (FYI and all that)

• beta

July 27, 2020 at 8:34 pm

The barrier was about 20m out from the building, and the grenade was dead center. I don’t have the blast radius to hand but there should not be too much re-bound going on with the explosion from the grenade. So still a grenade blast, but not into serious ‘chunky salsa’ territory.

Jack can act immediately, or take an observe in detail.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  beta.
  • mercy

July 27, 2020 at 11:34 pm

Hello, all. I am back once again. I am so sorry to have disappointed everyone in the game. I had a serious mental relapse and have been in some inpatient care for a few months. I hope that is the last inpatient care for a while.

• jack_spade

Administrator
    July 28, 2020 at 4:35 am

Hey Mercy, good to hear from you.

Don’t worry about it – the game hasn’t moved too much and everyone here is just happy that you are still with us. 🙂

• electric_muppet

July 28, 2020 at 7:36 am

So good to hear from you

• beta

July 28, 2020 at 2:06 pm

I’m glad you are back out doing better (or I suppose that you are doing better so are back out). And you disappointed nobody — worried us, maybe! But disappointed not at all. You are dealing with a tough situation and we are happy when you are doing well enough to come play, but understand that wellness may come and go.

If you are up to a game … we haven’t moved too far in your absence: Still at the same scene, Syan is still in her tunnel, and her air spirit is currently covering Lilly (who has dealt with her foes). Kynos and Bronwyn are closing in on the the other figure that showed up during all of this, someone driving a pick-up truck to the building (but Kynos’ grenades seem to have stopped that, for now). Aria has just started a few weeks vacation so we’ll probably clean up this scene and then see what is the interest in carrying on to the rest of the whole thing.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  beta.
  • mercy

July 29, 2020 at 1:15 am

Thank you for that. I will definitely read up on the IC posts and try to get one in. Thanks for letting me continue.

• electric_muppet

August 2, 2020 at 11:47 am

I’m holding posting for @mercy (and maybe @aria) before I reply to @jack_spade

Bronwean want answers to what the guy had done and sian to confirm he is a toxic. Before we kill him somewhere else (not in front of the children)

• beta

August 2, 2020 at 6:04 pm

I’ll give it to tomorrow to see if Mercy replies, if not I’ll put something up. Adam has stepped out but Al is there so we can assume that he’ll at least want some evidence that the guy is toxic before just executing him. Gilga has also stepped away, but I don’t think (?) Becky would have as much issue with just carrying on with the job.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  beta.
  • beta

August 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm

Deftly handled, EM! Thank you for dealing with the hunters and Al in one go 🙂

• beta

August 5, 2020 at 9:39 pm

Mercy, sorry for putting words in Syan’s mouth, but I wanted to keep things moving along. If you are around, feel free to take over the interrogation (and decide if Syan takes a drink off of the captured (likely toxic?) mage–i figured she would want privacy for that, if she does that sort of thing)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  beta.
  • beta

August 12, 2020 at 9:55 am

OK, that mostly wraps up this phase of this run.

There is the planned second part (finding the missing great-nephew, which leads to what I think are some ‘interesting’ complications). But we have lost half the players at this point, so I want to check in on how people are feeling.

Aria, Electric_Muppet, Jack: do you want to carry on? Take a break to post-vacation times and then carry on? Or return to the Johnson and explain that you dealt with the toxic mage(s!), but have to pass on the missing persons case?

• aria

August 12, 2020 at 11:34 am

I’m up for continuing, it’s the only game where I’m not the GM 😀

I haven’t got any significant time off now, holidays more or less done with for the year 😛

…But we may need to draft in an NPC face/tracker as I’m not sure the 3 combat monsters are the best people for a missing persons job? I could be wrong, I haven’t studied Kynos’ or Batshit’s sheets…?!?

Viewing 321 - 340 of 345 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Who’s Online
Profile photo of gilga
Profile photo of jack_spade

© 2020 - RPG Playroom