SSN OOC

• Posted by beta on February 16, 2020 at 4:16 pm

Out-of-character thread for the Sudbury Saturday Night game. I’m assuming your characters are all in Aria’s Obsidian Portal, but feel free to use your first post in this thread to add a link, or add any notes on what the character has with them. The game will be taking place in Sudbury, in the northern reaches of the UCAS (state of Ontario). Some quick notes (what I’d posted in the FA OOC thread) are in my Obsidian Portal reference area here: https://brexbasicbackups.obsidianportal.com/wikis/sudbury

Please let me know, IC or OOC, if your character is already in Sudbury for some reason, or being contacted by a fixer to travel there.

aria replied 2 years, 9 months ago 8 Members · 448 Replies
  • 448 Replies
  • jack_spade

February 16, 2020 at 5:08 pm

I’m playing Kynos: https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/characters/kynos

What he’s doing in this rather inhospitable area? Hiding out once again from people he pissed off.

• electric_muppet

February 16, 2020 at 5:28 pm

I’m playing batshit, she doing her usual littlest hobo thing. Again

• adamu

February 16, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Hello is this working?

I am so bad at computers and am having a very hard time since the site got revamped.

• adamu

February 16, 2020 at 7:35 pm

Okay – seems to be working….I hope very much to be in, as stated in the past.

But I’m having password issues since the site changed.

I suppose they are issues that normal people wouldn’t have, but my level of computer dumbness is not normal…

• adamu

February 17, 2020 at 3:31 am

okay, I think all tech issues sorted.

Should have something up in the IC within 24.

Beta, Al is mostly current on OP, but I will do some updates for prior to the start of this run.

Also, if you PM me a place I can send it (do PMs work?), I can try to figure out how to send you access to the google.doc where I keep the full version of Al’s sheet, which I send to anyone that GMs him.

• aria

Organizer
    February 17, 2020 at 8:28 am

@Beta: do we have a timestamp for this run? I know you mentioned Jan 2079 in the other OoC so I’ll pitch my initial post around then…

• beta

Organizer
    February 17, 2020 at 10:28 am

@adamu message sent. You can’t see messages on site right now, but if they copy to your email you’ll see it there. Failing that

@aria I added a timestamp. Feelers start going out the afternoon of Wednsday Jan 18, with runners to go to the Friday night show of “Not the Thompsons” in Sudbury at the [http://peddlerspub.com/]Peddler’s Pub and Axe Throwing Lounge[/url]. (when I saw that such a place exists, I just had to make it survive until 2079! I presume that the axe throwing is in a different room than than the main pub area).

• aria

Organizer
    February 17, 2020 at 12:28 pm

Got part of an initial post up… more to follow when I have more time

Something weird going on with the BB coding though, will have to ask @Obidancer about that one!

• electric_muppet

February 17, 2020 at 2:51 pm

@aria you could put eofie as a contact if you needed to hide.

• aria

Organizer
    February 17, 2020 at 7:19 pm

Has Lily met Batshit or her clan?? Sorry, memory a bit fuzzy… she was going to hitch a ride with Al but another option might work!

• beta

Organizer
    February 17, 2020 at 7:28 pm

OOr Al could even just recommend Lilly? The fixers know a lot of smugglers, moving Lilly shouldn’t be too hard … there is a surprising amount of traffic back and forth (granted generally with a layover along the way)

• electric_muppet

February 18, 2020 at 4:31 am

@beta are you running this on two post = 1 karma and 2k neuyen?

• electric_muppet

February 18, 2020 at 6:21 am

@aria eofie might know lilly her being a AI/ghost and all. She a hooder just like her sister

• gilga

February 18, 2020 at 8:31 am

Hey Beta,

is it too late to join in? I was considering taking Dana for another spin, (How old would she be by then?) or perhaps starting a fresh character.

• beta

Organizer
    February 18, 2020 at 1:20 pm

It is very much NOT too late! (actually I’d assumed Becky was in, for some reason, but that might have just been wishful thinking on my part?)

If using Dana, remember that in Run! the characters were sort of their ‘past selves’ so Dana would have been older in real time than she seemed there (maybe by a little, maybe by quite a bit? But in Forbidden Aegis she still seemed pretty young, so probably not a huge age difference?). I forget how old she was in Run!, but perhaps four years older than that now, and she’s been out of the simulations for about half a year.

Feel free to re-build her as sum-to-14, prime runner build. After all, she’s experienced many years of simulations and may have built up all sorts of skills, and now has had some months to work on her magic and consolidate all that learning into the real world.

• gilga

February 18, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Well, Rebbeca is actually a good match for this game – so Dana will wait.

• adamu

February 18, 2020 at 5:18 pm

Hey, I was going to do an opening post, but saw somewhere that Aria was thinking of having Lily ride north with Al…is there anything you want to coordinate on about that, Aria?

• aria

Organizer
    February 19, 2020 at 7:50 am

Nah, Beta gave me an opening via Feather… of course if the crate happens to be on the Snakehandler that would wrap together quite nicely 😀

@Beta… I’ve assumed that we can only get off-the shelf cold weather gear rather than the various custom fit armours, it seems appropriate to not have all our bells and whistles ready for cold climbes but… ??

• aria

Organizer
    February 19, 2020 at 7:51 am

That should be @Beta but it looks like the edit post option has disappeared??

• beta

Organizer
    February 19, 2020 at 9:31 am

Time is tight for Lilly, she can get what she has time for. Availability might higher in Sudbury? Some of the others have written themselves up that way so may already have gear?

Page 1 of 23