Get a Room!

Forums Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Song of Patterns Sudbury Saturday Night

Tagged: 

• Sudbury Saturday Night

beta updated 43 minutes ago 7 Members · 387 Posts
  • electric_muppet

July 19, 2020 at 7:34 am

“lilly, find out who our bear man was, just want to be sure” batshit asked “we going to rush that door… Through that snow or move by bounds?” she asked the hunking merc.

• jack_spade

Administrator
    July 19, 2020 at 3:12 pm

“Bounding Overwatch, followed by a chuck and charge.” Kynos replied and created hastily a little field of AROs for his two companions. To the two magic types he called: “Keep digging that tunnel. Once your are under the hut, we might need you as a surprise.”

[url=https://orokos.com/roll/828428]Bounding Overwatch[/url]: 12d6t5 5

Success: +3 Defense for us, -3 for any attackers trying to attack us

• beta

July 20, 2020 at 5:36 pm

As the team swings into action, the truck approaches the building, now braking instead of accelerating. Kynos and Batshit are about 400 meters out, not too far off the road that would provide faster movement compared to the thigh deep snow elsewhere.

Meanwhile Syan messages Lilly to say <<my spirit can deliver you into the action, tell it where you want to go and it will take you>>

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  beta.
  • aria

July 22, 2020 at 12:23 pm

[Saturday January 21, 2079; Mage’s Farm, Somewhere near Sudbury]

Lily looked back warily at the spirit…

“Ok, I’ll need to get down to the farm but first I need to get the gear that I dropped and check that not-bear”

and without waiting for it to decide she set off bounding back towards the recent affray to pick up her weapon (and Batshit’s rifle) that she’d dropped and then stopped to check whether the recent bear matched the profile pictures of their target…

• jack_spade

Administrator
    July 22, 2020 at 3:39 pm

Kynos’ range finder estimated the distance at 405 m – quite a bit of distance to cross through high snow and the occasional boulder or hidden shapeshifter.

The plan he had thrown together showed him and Batshit moving along the free road, pasing each other in 30m increments while the other took cover and if necessary provided covering fire for the other. It would have worked even better if robogirl had come with them. But then, he wasn’t anyone’s boss here and it would work just as well with two – or with himself and Cubo.

He started to move and hoped Batshit would stop firing before she run out of ammo.

• electric_muppet

July 23, 2020 at 4:34 pm

Bronwean kept moving, “suppress the door way, keep him out side”

If the driver was who she thought he was keeping the guy outside building would be a major victory.

• jack_spade

Administrator
    July 23, 2020 at 4:42 pm

“As you wish.” Kynos raised his rifle and fired a HE grenade at the entrance of the building. Despite it being a longshot, his smartlink and calm hand landed the package exactly between the door step and the driver.

“So, who was that guy?”

Aim and shoot

[url=https://orokos.com/roll/829787]Aim and Shoot[/url]: 11d6t5 6

Pinpoint placement of a DV 16 AP-2

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  jack_spade.
  • beta

July 23, 2020 at 10:18 pm

The grenade went off just as the truck was approaching the smooth area in front of the building. The driver apparently slammed on the brakes, as the back end of the truck fishtailed hard to the left, but it didn’t spin out entirely. After coming to a near stop, still 20 meters from the building, a wall of force 6 meters high and twice that wide sprung up next to the truck, on the side away from the building.

• jack_spade

Administrator
    July 24, 2020 at 8:58 am

Kynos grunted: “Seems like there’s a mage there – but not a clever one.”

He aimed higher this time to lob the grenade over the new barrier, but over corrected, letting the grenade fall short.

Undeterred, he send out a third grenade, this one spot on again in front of the door step – only this time there was a wall to contain the blast.

• electric_muppet

July 24, 2020 at 3:26 pm

“don’t kill him, I wanna slap some answers out of him” batshit started to run still looking out for the driver getting out of the car. She realised she was going to have to get off the road if she was to get an angle around the barrier.

• jack_spade

Administrator
    July 25, 2020 at 6:13 am

“You want them alive? Could have said that before I wasted 300 buck on wasting them.”

Kynos saw the barrier ahead too and began sprinting along the road. He didn’t care for magic – had even enhanced his armor to be more resistant to magic. Batshit was quicker than him, but was going the long way round.

Time to see what was what.

He charged at the barrier.

Spoiler

His Grey Weave enhanced armor glove impacted, dead center on the pane of force.

Something broke – and it was not his titanium reinforced bones.

• beta

July 27, 2020 at 8:41 pm

As Kynos rushes the barrier the vehicle alarm goes on, lights flashing and horn honking. Bronwyn notices the truck ease forward a meter or so, but then stop.

While Kynos is still closing in on the barrier Lilly reports “This body doesn’t look like the picture we were given”

Kynos bursts through the barrier in a manner that deserves slow-motion, multiple perspective, trid recording, and in a few more strides he approaches and then vaults the bed of the truck, bringing him near the driver’s side.

He can see that the truck is mostly intact but looking much worse for the grenade blast. In particular the driver’s window is blown out. In the dimness inside the truck he can see see a figure moving.

• jack_spade

Administrator
    July 28, 2020 at 4:05 pm

Kynos didn’t break stride. He let the rifle fall into its sling and in a fluid motion brought out his handgun.

“Freeze.” He called out – and shot the occupant with a salvo of gel

[url=https://orokos.com/roll/831433]Quickdraw[/url]: 16d6t5 5

Shoot BF Complex action

[url=https://orokos.com/roll/831434]Salvo[/url]: 18d6t5 7

DV 9S AP 0 + Net Successes

• beta

July 28, 2020 at 9:30 pm

TThe man in the cab of the truck appears to be about to reply to KKynos, then the trio of gel rounds slam into his. The man’s heavy parka might have provided more protection elsewhere on his body but it is pushed back from his head, leaving only a toque for protection. At this range, with the power of the Predator, it is no surprise that the man collapses.

A quick check shows nobody else in the truck. While Batshit keeps an eye (and rifle barrel) on the door to the building, Kynos has a moment to look at the man.

Despite the broken cheek bone, the week of beard growth, and a more aged appearance, there is little doubt that this is the man that they were sent after.

• jack_spade

Administrator
    July 29, 2020 at 12:47 pm

<<Elimination target subdued – but not yet terminated.

Unless anyone has a damn good reason why I shouldn’t waste that toxic righ now, speak up – and fast.>>

Kynos notified the team channel.

• electric_muppet

July 29, 2020 at 4:23 pm

“is he awake? We need to check him out to make sure he’s toxic and the only one involved, don’t want loose ends tripping us up later”

• jack_spade

Administrator
    July 29, 2020 at 4:49 pm

<<Negative, gel to the cranium. I’ll pick him up and deliver him down into the tunnel. You magic types can determine his toxicity or whatever.>>

Kynos gripped the man and pulled him out of the car. After that it was just a matter of distributing his weight across his shoulders and moving back along the road towards the tunnel exit.

• beta

July 30, 2020 at 9:28 pm

At the report of what Kynos has captured, Lilly asks if she and the spirit should bring in the dead man and the disabled hunters?

Soon enough they are gathered in the tunnels, with the man that Kynos knocked out and whoever else they have gathered.

• jack_spade

Administrator
    July 31, 2020 at 10:44 am

“So, any good reason not to execute him right here and collect the first part of the bounty?”

Kynos asked casually while aiming his rifle at the prone man’s head.

• electric_muppet

August 4, 2020 at 12:14 pm

Not sure if the boys from the wood were fully out for the count, batshit improvised

“we need to check him, the crying masks don’t like loose ends, and I think our friend here has questions too, about that stolen artifact the foundation wants back”

Al was stareing in incomprehension then got it. She gave him a stare back then looked at the two slumped bodies then up at krynos.

“yeah, well I leave ya’ll to the toe cutting while I be gittin’ these two medical attention and all” with that he busied himself sweeping up the two hunters “OK sqirt I’ll message when I have them safe”

Viewing 341 - 360 of 387 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Who’s Online
There are no users currently online

© 2020 - RPG Playroom