Get a Room!

Home Forums RPG Playroom Suggestion Box

• beta

February 22, 2019 at 8:59 am

Thanks for getting us back up and running Obidancer! I hope that life chills out for you soon so thatyou get to enjoy this oasis you built, but we really appreciate you keeping it running despite not have play time right now.

• adamu

February 22, 2019 at 12:57 pm

Happy happy.

Thanks, Obi!

• beta

March 18, 2019 at 4:47 pm

@obidancer looks like spammers found a way in (currently in the Storm Force Whisper area)

• jack_spade

March 18, 2019 at 5:22 pm

Yes,
    I took the liberty of marking them as spam, but it seems we need a veryfication system to stop bots making automatic accounts.

• jack_spade

March 19, 2019 at 3:44 pm

Hey Obi, that was exceptionally fast work with the verification system 🙂

• adamu

March 19, 2019 at 9:23 pm

So thanks for all the work on the spammers.

Trick is, now every time I change screens I get false reads for who’s on line and time elapsed since previous posts.

I also get logged on and off without me doing anything.

Most especially, I’m unable too post on Triads – everytime I navigate to the page, I get logged out before I can post.

Sorry to be a pain – I know it must be a lot of work maintaining the site, and I appreciate it.

• obidancer

Administrator
    March 19, 2019 at 11:18 pm

So… the thing is the verification system stopped the spammers from posting, but not from registering. And they’ve created dozens of accounts in the last hour or so!

So for the time being I’ve actually password protected the registration page.

If you want to invite people to join the the forum have them go to
    https://wordpress-644450-2100352.cloudwaysapps.com/register/

Message me for the password.

It’s a pain but at least it slows down spammers from creating an account.

@adamu it might be I was editing the site while you were trying or most likely a cache issue. CTRL+R is your friend to refresh the page.

• adamu

March 20, 2019 at 6:06 am

Thanks very much, Obi!!!

Page 5 of 5