Get a Room!

Home Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Panzerknacker Texas Hold'em 2078 [OOC] 2

• adamu

February 5, 2019 at 8:38 am

Understood.

Okay, let’s figure out IC how we get to where we need to go first.
    Is there some door we need to get open?
    Or do we have to climb the exterior to the top?

I’d hate for the Orb to be heating up during the time we’re dealing with those Obstacles.

Once that is sorted, we can play with the Orb right before going in.
    I can get 17 dice onto the test, but it would still be great if Ichante could do a Teamwork assist to get me an extra die.

• Tecumseh

February 5, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Here’s Ichante’s teamwork test. I’m pretty sure Jack said Intuition + Arcana.

Intuition 6 + Arcana 2: 8d6t5 3 hits

Actually, I left off a die for Psyche, presuming that 10 minutes have passed for it to take effect. If so:

Psyche 1: 1d6t5 1 hit

So 4 hits total.

• adamu

February 5, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Brilliant – thanks!
    I’ll keep that in the can for when I make the Edged roll – holding off to the last possible moment.

• jack_spade

February 5, 2019 at 12:44 pm

No door, just climbing 😉

• adamu

February 5, 2019 at 1:26 pm

Yikes.

So 15 x 2m tiers.

Sounds like a lot of boosting and pulling and sweat.

We could maybe send a drone around to see if there are stairs….

Otherwise,.just hope we don’t get hit on the way up.

Definitely hold off on the Orb until we get close to the top.

• jack_spade

February 5, 2019 at 2:02 pm

No stairs, just pull ups 😀

• Tecumseh

February 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm

Becky is jacked. She can just throw us up each tier one at a time, à la Cannonball Special.

• adamu

February 5, 2019 at 3:24 pm

Us. And the goat!

Yeah, she can give everyone the old stirrup-boost allowing them to scramble over the next lip.

Then we can pull up the goat and she can follow, I guess. Not much glamorous about it.

Too bad no levitate, but that would take dailling in the Orb too early.

Noir might have levitate, but no way we should accept her magicking us in here – just my two cents.

• beta

February 6, 2019 at 3:29 pm

The temperature check may have been a little bit D&Dish, but the way Jack spoke of the cold had me nervous.

• adamu

February 6, 2019 at 4:47 pm

Well, D&D is a huge part of SR. And we are definitely headed into that sort of territory!

It was a good thing to check.

• beta

February 6, 2019 at 5:32 pm

Oof, that last post for Al. I love how it says so much both about what Al has been through, and about the situation they are in.

Anyway, Preston is probably looking at Al, all curious like, but I’m not going to put an IC post up just to say so. You can have Al tell more of his observations, or maybe best not to spook everyone else?

• adamu

February 6, 2019 at 5:52 pm

Well, chat some more or not – Al is always happy to talk if asked, and sometimes not!

Or just get climbing.

Whatever folks are up for.

• gilga

February 7, 2019 at 12:38 am

Sorry for being idle, really busy – is there BGC for us?

• jack_spade

February 7, 2019 at 2:45 am

Yes, +7 within two m of the orb, worse outside

• adamu

February 7, 2019 at 3:09 am

@Gilga

Glad to see you back. Hope all is well with you.

Just to catch you up regarding BGC – we’ve decided for Ichante to help Al with teamwork (already rolled), and Al will use Edge, to adjust the Orb. Hopefully well enough so that our magic is not totally useless.
    We are just waiting to do it until the last possible minute, since using it too much is already starting to “overheat” it.

Once we get through most of the climb, we’ll try to get our BGC fixed.

• gilga

February 7, 2019 at 5:00 am

I am okay, really. I am just too busy to post from work, and my health is less than ideal so I just fell asleep at 20:00 once I put the kids to sleep. Nothing to complain compared to the other stories and my problems should go away within a year according to the current diagnosis. Though I hope to feel better before that, I really miss the hours between say 20:00 and 24:00 😉

In the meanwhile, is there anything you want me to roll? Becky is very good at climbing and has the Gecko crawl spell in case some of the team are hopeless in climbing. She is limited in force (barehanded adept ability) so can only use the spell if the BGC is less than 3 or 4. (otherwise the BGC would kill the spell).

• adamu

February 7, 2019 at 7:41 am

Dude – hope you feel better.
    Yeah, some of us are having it worse, but that doesn’t mean our own problems are any less real to us.

We’re not going to use any magic without using the Orb, and we’re saving that for after we make the climb.

I don’t think we need any climbing rolls – the pyramid is 15 x 2-meter tiers of smooth stone. The plan is basically (1) super strong Becky gives all us short-ish people a boost up, then (2) we pull the skewered-goat and then Becky up, then (3) repeat 14 more times, adjusting the Orb as we approach the top.

• aria

February 7, 2019 at 7:57 am

I think Jazz will leave her big drones at the base…they can always lob grenades to the top if we really need them… I suspect this isn’t going to involve blowing shit up anyway!!!

• beta

February 7, 2019 at 11:16 am

Gilga, sorry you are going through health issues 🙁 Take care of yourself, and let us know times when you might need to slow things down.

=============================

@Jack_Spade I didn’t want to IC getting farther up the pyramid until you had a chance to let us know if anything happens as we start getting onto the first tier. You know the plan, could you let us know how farther we can take things IC before we should wait for your response?

• adamu

February 7, 2019 at 5:15 pm

Cross-posted with Gilga.

So I then made some edits so that my post would match up.

Anyway, time to try again to get this thing to reduce our background count while also not letting it blow up right away.

Adding in the help from Ichante and pre-Edging, I’ll have 18 dice.

Whoa – the links button is gone…back in a tick.

adjusting the Orb: 18d6h5 5

I try not to be supestitious, but yet another statistically crap roll when dealing with the Evil Orb. Maybe it really is cursed.
    But bad roll or not, hopefully it will be enough to do some good.

Page 2 of 10