Get a Room!

Home Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Panzerknacker Texas Hold'em 2078 [OOC] 2

• jack_spade

March 2, 2019 at 3:07 am

@Aria
    I’m still pondering about that. I have a few concepts I want to try. (Isaint is active in two other games, and for this group likely a bit to straight forward)

• Tecumseh

March 2, 2019 at 12:19 pm

I’ve given Ichante some pop-culture knowledge about “Damon”.

I’ve gone for a more humorous response. I presume that if it really is Damon that there would be enough clues for Ichante to pick up on (assensing if he’s not masking, Magic Sense to detect foci or spirits he might have), but I’m choosing to willfully ignore those in the name of a more interesting post. Plus I’m trying to represent Ichante’s negative qualities: Creature of Comfort and Social Appearance Anxiety. I figure she’s pretty grumpy at the moment.

• beta

March 2, 2019 at 2:16 pm

@gilga Sam is out from drain — can’t magically heal that!

• gilga

March 2, 2019 at 2:54 pm

Oh, I’ll edit.

• adamu

March 4, 2019 at 5:49 pm

Doh, big fat cross-post with Beta.

I started my post answering Jack’s line from Maria a couple of his posts ago.

I’ll change the tenses on that and revise to end up responding to Preston.

Just be a few minutes.

• jack_spade

March 6, 2019 at 2:10 pm

Alright guys,

it was a pleasure playing with you. This is the official end to this story.
    Everyone may record the following contacts:

Maria: C3 /L4
    Johnny: C5/L2

Becky gets in addition
    Jaguar Vampire “Mr. Lengua Argento” C4/L2

Ichante has Damon’s number: C8/L1

Feel free to explore your interactions some more – the next game will likely start around early April. I’d be happy to have you there again (Setting will likely be Seattle 😉 )

• beta

March 6, 2019 at 3:29 pm

Thanks for the great story, Jack! Unlike Preston, my memories of the whole thing are happy ones 😀

• gilga

March 6, 2019 at 3:35 pm

Thanks Jack it was a blast.

• Tecumseh

March 6, 2019 at 6:31 pm

Thanks for GMing, Jack. 1100 IC posts in 5 months is a furious pace. I know I buckled at the end.

Is Aria still planning on taking the next run? She mentioned It would be set around June 2078 and probably take place in CalFree, but now Jack is talking about Seattle.

It sounds like we’re jumping from February 2078 to June 2078. Do we presume four months of lifestyle payments to cover the interval?

• adamu

March 7, 2019 at 3:37 am

Ditto all of the above, Jack. Great game. Thanks.

• aria

March 7, 2019 at 8:06 am

@Tecumseh: I tend to gloss over lifestyle costs in this game in the same way that cash/karma is handled a little differently than it would be in a tabletop game. If you want new lifestyles in new places then go ahead and buy them…or go the whole hog and spend your cash if you want but not on my account.

Forbidding Aegis will be up and running soon(ish) and I hope you’ll join that… sounds like Jack is planning to GM a run too so as long as the timelines don’t cross no problem with PCs being in both (we’ve set a solid precedent for that in this series)…ok it makes character death unlikely without causing universe ending paradoxes but then I very rarely kill off PCs…maim certainly, drive them insane occasionally, but nothing too permanent 🙂

@Jack_Spade: thanks for the game! Assuming you are planning on GMing again soon I think I’ll semi-retire Jazz to NPC status (ever the fickle one) and perhaps play my Alita inspired cyborg or one of the other concepts bouncing around my head 🙂

EDIT: I’ve put up IC placeholders and OoC threads in the SoP master thread…

• beta

March 7, 2019 at 4:49 pm

No need for anyone to answer Preston, just laying the groundwork for some skill buys and things he can reference in a little between-games writing.

• Tecumseh

March 7, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Preston probably just lit up Ichante’s brain with his request. I imagine the equivalent would be, “Preston, teach me to be a barista!” or “Show me how to play Matrix games!”

Let’s roll. Psyche lasts 8 hours for Ichante; we’ll say that she’s toward the tail end of that.

Intuition 6 + Artisan 6 + Fashion specialization 2 + Inspired quality 1 + Psyche 1: 16d6t5 7 hits

Ichante’s Mental Limit is 6 but the Psyche raises that to 7 so she gets to keep all the hits. She does a good job.

If anyone is interested, here is the inspiration for the tuxedo:

• mercy

March 12, 2019 at 3:27 pm

I see the inspiration, but I do not see the link between the hot pink and the red tux. Am I missing something?

• Tecumseh

March 12, 2019 at 3:48 pm

I got the image off Google search. It was a polyptych so I couldn’t separate the panels without going to the effort of screenshotting the suit, uploading it separately, then posting that. So I just shared the whole thing by embedding the original image. I don’t know why the four shots were grouped initially – although I had been searching specifically for Jamaican and Caribbean fashions, so presumably that is the shared theme.

The red suit ties to Ichante’s last IC post in Texas Hold Em, with the other images just being along for the ride. Ichante was not planning on putting Preston in a pink bikini, unless he’s into that sort of thing.

• beta

March 12, 2019 at 5:11 pm

Hah, I’m glad Mercy responded, because when i’d first seen Tecumseh’s post on my phone, the pics hadn’t loaded. So now I see — thanks Tecumseh! I can work with that 😀 (the tux, not so much the bikini — Preston doesn’t have nearly the swagger to pull that off.)

• mercy

March 12, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Still do not see the tux. All I can see is the pink bikini, so I must be missing something.

• Tecumseh

March 12, 2019 at 8:31 pm

Curious. Are you using a phone/tablet/computer? What browser?

• mercy

March 12, 2019 at 8:58 pm

My browser in this case is my eyes and all they see is the bikini. Is there anything else worth seeing in the pics?

• Tecumseh

March 12, 2019 at 9:08 pm

By browser I meant “web browser”: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. And I was curious what device you’re using to see the page as I wanted to see if I could replicate only seeing one picture instead of all four, if only to better understand how RPG Playroom works.

Page 9 of 10