Get a Room!

Forums Forums The Found Arcana The Found Arcana – Chapter 5 [OOC]

• The Found Arcana – Chapter 5 [OOC]

beta updated 3 hours, 40 minutes ago 4 Members · 173 Posts
  • beta

May 22, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Moving in the middle of all this? Yuck! Wishing you the best of luck and the fewest possible complications.

• Tecumseh

May 23, 2020 at 1:29 am

Honestly, not enjoying it. (The moving nor the quarantine.) I’m ready to be done, but there’s a long way to go between here and there.

• beta

May 28, 2020 at 9:45 pm

Jawsey’s first attempt to stir things up was a bust. I wasn’t quite sure what to do next, but I figured at some point his addiction would come into play, so I headed for that. I’m presuming it is available, but not sure of the price, so I held off having him getting his hands on it.

• Tecumseh

May 28, 2020 at 10:40 pm

It sure is. One coin per dose, as many doses as you want (and that you have coins for).

• beta

May 29, 2020 at 3:58 pm

OK then. For my own guidance:

Addiction resistance roll (logic + willpower): [url=https://orokos.com/roll/810656]addiction resistance[/url]: 10d6t5 1 whelp, we know what Jawsey is doing next.

And while I’m letting Orokos have its fun with me: resisting an urge that may map out to Jawsey’s future mentor spirit: [url=https://orokos.com/roll/810657]resist inner-nature[/url]: 13d6t5 4 OK, he can resist fully wallowing in all the plenty.

I’ll update my existing IC based on this, rather than writing a new one.

• Tecumseh

May 31, 2020 at 10:18 pm

@gilga Widow asked, “What kind of spirit? You have proof of this?”

Is AM sidestepping the questions? The answers may (or may not) have downstream consequences. Just wanted to confirm how AM is responding.

• gilga

June 1, 2020 at 4:34 pm

I misread your post thinking that you decided that AM tells Widow the details.

I edited my last post adding:

When asked about Nightmare she considers telling her that Nightmare is a bug spirit, but that woman probably knows everything there is to know about such spirits, so AM decides to tell the truth. “Nightmare is a free spirit of fire which is unsurprising considering that he leads a bunch of violent pyromaniacs. Thing is, such spirits feed on the memories, emotions, and fears of our kind leaving their victims empty husks of what they once were. Robbing them of their very identity, I know because I had to make a deal with a similar devil to get this information. I cannot strictly prove it to you, but I have a friend that can share memories through a mind link spell and show you if you feel the need to verify my claim.”

• beta

June 1, 2020 at 10:56 pm

Sorry for no post over the weekend. I was trying to stay off the computer, way to much sitting in this corner with working from home. Anyway, looks like AM and Bobby made good progress, maybe Jawsey can just enjoy the party, looks like they have it covered!

• Tecumseh

June 2, 2020 at 2:15 am

Some excitement here tonight. This happened four blocks from where I live:

This is the moment it all happened from Seattle

The park to the upper-left is where I play with my son. We walk through it on the way to school.

I might have heard some dull cracks from the flash-bangs, but for the most part all I could hear were the helicopters hovering over us for hours on end.

</div>

• jack_spade

Administrator
    June 2, 2020 at 5:04 am

Wow, keep save!

I have to admit, I preferred it when the world didn’t try to emulate dystopian cyberpunk…

• beta

June 2, 2020 at 9:54 am

No kidding, Jack, no freaking kidding.

Tecumseh: wow, that brings it all so close to home. Take care of yourselves!

• gilga

June 2, 2020 at 10:10 am

Wow, what do they want? Are they violent?

• beta

June 2, 2020 at 12:09 pm

Gilga: I’m far from Seattle, but I was curious about the details of what was happening there, so a small brain dump:

Here is a summary of the protest demands (although as these are largely coming together over social media in a rather organic way, I’m sure there is not universal agreement on the objectives): https://www.reddit.com/r/Seattle/comments/gv3kn2/five_demands_not_one_less/

As for ‘are they violent’, that particular protest looked peaceful for quite a while, then it appears that things gradually escalated (crowd started putting up umbrellas toward the police to block possible pepper spray, a police officer yanks one of the umbrellas away and pepper sprays into that gap, then the police start using various tools to break up the crowd). In other cities there have unfortunately been cases of looting and burning of cars (not that most protestors were out to do those things, but once things get chaotic there will be that element …).

• This reply was modified 3 hours, 37 minutes ago by  beta.

Five Demands Not One Less. from Seattle

Five Demands Not One Less. from Seattle

Viewing 161 - 173 of 173 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Who’s Online
There are no users currently online

© 2020 - RPG Playroom