Get a Room!

Home Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Breath of Summer The Station/Related Threads OOC

• The Station/Related Threads OOC

Posted by brickyardbabe on November 3, 2018 at 11:11 pm

Heeeeere we go.

Not-Dana is judging intentions on Ben. CHA 14+Intuition 6=20-3 for not being locally attuned. So 17d6!

http://orokos.com/roll/675132

9 hits! What’s that tell me about him?

Sorry, I don’t know the code to manually insert a hyperlink, so you’ll have to input it manually

electric_muppet replied 5 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 30 Replies
  • 30 Replies
  • gilga

November 4, 2018 at 12:03 am

He seems a bit hesitant when he mentions that you do not remember, there is some tension there. The man has some solid emotions toward your character, but they are not all positive. Other than that, he seems truthful.

• brickyardbabe

November 4, 2018 at 2:13 pm

Composure roll time!

http://orokos.com/roll/675287

Four successes and five 1s.

Oh dear. Well, she’ll pull herself together, but, uh, not without a little collateral damage.

• gilga

November 4, 2018 at 5:28 pm

She did not glitch or anything, you need to have more than half 1’s for that. One toilet and shower per 2-3 rooms. So she’ll have to step outside to shower.

• brickyardbabe

November 4, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Right, cross threading systems. It has been a while.

• brickyardbabe

November 5, 2018 at 1:00 pm

Okay, assensing! She’s gonna power up her intuition first, warp it into stability, and then assense him.

http://orokos.com/roll/675533

She gets her 4 hits to raise intuition back up! Of course, it’s force 10, so the drain might hurt real bad!

http://orokos.com/roll/675534

It doesn’t! She soaks 7 drain on the nose, avoiding physical damage!

And finally, http://orokos.com/roll/675532

6 hits on assensing. Oh boy, tell me EVERYTHING!

Assensing table on 313 of sr5 says I get…gods, like half his character sheet.

• gilga

November 5, 2018 at 1:11 pm

Ben is mundane, and his emotions are more balanced than those of other people she assensed.
    Most, indicating stability of character.

He is well augmented, titanium bones and multiple high-quality Bioware nd Geneteck. All of a very high quality, he augmentations cover his brain, skin, nervous system, internal organs, and muscles. Despite the augmentations, his aura is relatively vibrant indicating an abundance of essence left.

• foxglove

November 5, 2018 at 10:53 pm

Character introduction time!
    If I can figure out how, I will eventually put up her character sheet, but for the time being here is a brief background story as well as an overview of some of her contacts.

Basic Backstory: Foxglove

Early Years:
    Takeda, Yuri was born in 2035, a Nocturna born to a perfectly Human family and one of the first Nocturna to arise in Japan. Because of this, both family and physicians believed her afflicted and so took steps to “cure” her. In doing so, the professionals managed to get rid of the usual fur that comes with the Nocturna genes, but soon realized that (because they couldn’t get rid of the black skin or elven features) she was actually a newly discovered genetic divergence from the Elf Metahumans.
    Because of the intense prejudice against Metahumans during that time, Yuri was shuffled off to a foster family on a separate island. Growing up, her tutors were horribly abusive, and life on the rest of the island wasn’t much better. However, Yuri had always had something of a stubborn streak, and so determined to get as much out of her schooling as she could in hopes of some day getting off of that horrid rock.

Teen Years:
    Her wishes were granted at the age of 14 when a AAA corporation took notice of her determination and unusually high agility. Cross Applied Technologies got into contact with Yuri and gave her a way out of the slums. It didn’t take much thinking for the elf to take them up on it.
    The corp put her through high school and college, and her single-minded drive to improve herself to the highest extent got her into CAT Co.’s Seraphim, her cyber enhancements, and martial training.

Adulthood:
    Yuri rose quickly in the ranks of the Seraphim, taking her job seriously and reveling in it. All was going well until CAT Co. got dissolved, and the elf’s stubbornness and loyalty to the people that saved her from “equal-but-separate” hell kept her from following some of the other Seraphs and wageslaves to the new company that cannibalized CAT Co. The corp didn’t take kindly to this, and set to hunting down anyone that rejected their “invitation.”
    So Yuri spent a while on the run, avoiding the corporation that was after her and others like her. It was around this time that Hallie’s Comet passed a second time, and her mutations got even more strange. Her black skin turned purple and her hair foxglove pink, as well as other oddities. The latter of which she didn’t discover until she was in bed with a lover, and found that her new fangs injected digitalis toxins straight into the blood stream.

From Corp Goon to Shadowrunner:
    Yuri was on the run again, and by this time what little resources she’d had stowed away were drying up. Not to mention there was no network of people to call upon for help. And so, like anyone with marketable skills looking for a job in the seedier parts of the alley, the elf fell into running the shadows. She became known as Foxglove, named so for her coloration and poisonous bite, and took up her new role as a Street Gillette with the same determination as she had when she was still with the Seraphim.

Foxglove’s Contacts

“Fishmonger’s Union”
    Group Contact: Fishmongers
    Information, smuggling, transport.

Frankie
    Fixer (New York)
    Jobs, Information, Networking.

Shadow
    Bar Tender (Seattle)
    Information, Networking.

Durin Kreuz
    Cyberdoc (Germany)
    Repairs, Upgrades, Netowrking.

Nikolai
    “Chicken Farmer” (Vory Contact)
    Information, Dirty Work, Legwork, Favors, Networking.

Katya
    Traveling Acrobat (Assassin and Shadowrunner)
    Legwork, Dirty Work, Jobs, Information.

Roin Davis
    Mechanic (Detroit)
    Car Parts and Services, Repairs, etc.

• gilga

November 6, 2018 at 4:09 am

Alright, the next thing we need to think about is how she ends up in Tel Aviv 😉

• aria

November 6, 2018 at 6:35 am

Ok, I can jump in now as this is an OoC thread…for some reason I can’t see the IC and OoC threads when I go to the main page, i take it Gilga is GMing, assuming you want this to be part of the meta plots we are running in Stormy Waters can I have a time stamp and i will add it to the Timeline??! ?

@Foxglove do you need an invite to our Obsidian Portal page?

• brickyardbabe

November 6, 2018 at 8:37 am

Gilga is indeed! Not sure exactly when this is taking place. Some time after CoF, since Callista has been missing for a while. How long has it been since the disastrous run into London Below?

• foxglove

November 6, 2018 at 10:14 am

@Aria That would be awesome! 😀 I have an account on Obsidian Portal as Foxglove_Fang, since just “Foxglove” was apparently already taken :/

@Gilga She’s been travelling all over the world doing jobs and avoiding the corp, so she could be in Tel Aviv because it’s another place to run to, to do a specific job, or just about any other reason.

• brickyardbabe

November 6, 2018 at 10:40 am

@gilga @foxglove She might not be in Tel Aviv proper, either. She may be holed up in this same punishment town that Misery is headed to.

• gilga

November 6, 2018 at 11:23 am

Well, no problem in starting in punishment town, but I’d like to allow Foxglove some solo time as well before converging. So, she’ll have to ‘earn’ a ticket to punishment town. I’ll think about a plotline for Foxglove.

@Aria – nice of you to stop by. I am not sure exactly when it will be. Mainly wanted to see if I can get a game going in Israel.

• brickyardbabe

November 6, 2018 at 11:28 am

@gilga Why not June of ’77? That allows it to run concurrently with other Stormy Waters games, and puts us into current-ish timelines.

• foxglove

November 6, 2018 at 5:05 pm

Rolling visual perception to examine Sharon’s platinum credstick with only 250 nuyen on it.
    http://orokos.com/roll/675848

3 successes.

• brickyardbabe

November 6, 2018 at 11:48 pm

Alright. They get to oppose my masking roll with assensing.

http://orokos.com/roll/675947

5 hits. If they fail, I’m a minor mage, MAG 2, and definitely not a vampire.

Further note: wearing a ruthenium cloak and designer clothing is not usual. These are both commonly available to rich kids.

• gilga

November 6, 2018 at 11:51 pm

Using hem as cammofledge is shady rich kids want to be seen. They don’t assense you not quite yet, but unmasked spells are obvious.

• brickyardbabe

November 7, 2018 at 12:04 am

That’s fine. I assense them.

Not great results. 2 hits and 4 hits.

http://orokos.com/roll/675952 Driver
    http://orokos.com/roll/675951 Passenger

I know they’re magically active, because vampires. If they’re not hiding their nature as vampires, they’re probably not masking. Since not all vampires are mages, I will then ask, are they mages?

Edit: In the interests of transparency, I’m going to roll to convince the cops to frag off BEFORE I post.

http://orokos.com/roll/675953

8 hits.

• gilga

November 7, 2018 at 1:55 am

You cannot tell if they are mages from assensing them (nor can anyone tell that you are a mage).

What you can tell: The driver is awakened, and seems to have magic lower than your own, he carries some sort of HMVV – and has two sustained spells. The passenger is similarly awakened, with a magic rate of 7, and has two sustained spells, also carrier of HMVV. None of them has any augmentations, not even a datajack, both are in perfect health – as if they recently fed.

I think it is a bit too early to roll, you have done nothing wrong (yet?).
    What are you trying to do? Intimidate them?

• brickyardbabe

November 7, 2018 at 9:04 am

Of course not! I’m lying to them. A general “nothing to see here, nice night for a walk, move along” roll.

Page 1 of 2