Get a Room!

Forums Forums 2075: Stormy Waters Song of Patterns To Give or Not to Give IC

  • To Give or Not to Give IC

  • mercy

    Member
    March 25, 2019 at 8:07 pm

    Early, Early Morning, May 8, 2078, Harry’s Bar, Seattle

    Tanya smiles at the enthusiastic girl and catches the bottle tossed her way. She twists the cap off, using the motion to pass her ring across the now open container. When the device lets her know that it is safe to drink the beverage, Tanya takes a big swallow and wipes lips with her forearm. “That is good. Hits the spot after that work.”

    Tanya tips her bottle to Bronwean. “I am not certain it is a pitch, strictly speaking. I have been watching you tonight and you interest me greatly. Are you willing to tell me if your, uh, unusual talents are from augmentations or some sort of sorcery, be it adept or mage? If you care to answer me, I may have something that may be of interest to you.”

    21

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    March 26, 2019 at 3:42 am

    “talents? Ohhhh so I’m guessing from the way we met you don’t want someone found. And that you don’t know you haven’t asked around. I’m an adept or that what the media call me. All my jobs are to I fund me Looking for my sisters. I find it hard to say no to the little guy. I’m good with any kind of firearm I’m good with my fists and I have had to learn to keep low profile, which cuts both ways” she looked around as if searching for something she had missed “I can do front of house and kitchen. I can press your shirts up real nice; two dollars a shirt 6 for ten” she paused, swinging her legs back and forth, her green eyes, wide, looking at the ceiling chewing her bottom lip while she searched her mind for anything else looking so heart breakingly young. Tanya realised she really was 16 with her abilities how had she not found some Safe place to hole up be looked after. Her train of thought was broken
    “oh and I can blow shit up, well do a breaching charge; you know” she beamed. “if it’s BYOG I’ll need a few days: forty-eight hours. Friends keep my things safe so I can travel light”

  • mercy

    Member
    March 26, 2019 at 10:05 am

    Early, Early Morning, May 8, 2078, Harry’s Bar, Seattle

    Tanya listens to Bronwean as the girl rattles off her talents and skills then shakes her head. “I do not need a maid, nor does what I am thinking of require much in the way of guns or explosives. Actually, I tend to not care for either, to be honest. I could use someone with a particular set of skills and an ability to hide and or disguise. Do you have any skills in those areas, perhaps through your spells?”

    22

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    March 26, 2019 at 10:16 am

    “to be honest I’m more of a hide and follow kinda gal” she shrugged and she jumped down, she twirled round “there’s no getting away from who I am, disguises are just not any use” she pulled a slow., languid backwards cart wheel “bluff, lies and bluster are more my style, use people’s better nature” she sprang up “good job I have a conscience”
    She sat down on a backwards chair with head in one side.
    “my key skill is err I don’t know how to describe it. I can walk backwards through a crowd and not bump into people. Aaaaand talk to you while I do it. I can walk through a room and know who an what’s in the room while doing something else it’s really hard to describe “

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  electric_muppet. Reason: Additional text
  • mercy

    Member
    March 26, 2019 at 5:49 pm

    Early, Early Morning, May 8, 2078, Harry’s Bar, Seattle

    Tanya smiles as she watches Bronwean’s athletic ability and waits for the girl to settle in her chair. “It seems that we share many of the same talents and skills, but whereas yours seem to come as natural to your race or from spells and powers, mine come from skills honed over many years and many quite useful augmentations. I think that we could be a good match.” She looks closely at Bronwean. “Now, tell me, are you averse to stealing things?”

    23

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    March 26, 2019 at 6:01 pm

    Bronwean shifted her head “not steal, recovered a few things or erm.. here yes obtained physical evidence. Honestly I’m more of a detective most times I looking for people for people, stealing for stealing sake or on someone’s behalf I guess I’d have an issue with that unless it was for a good cause. you think, I have a good wedge of money just sat there wouldn’t be the hardest thing for me to just disappear with it, not my style . ” she rested her chin on her folded arms “I’m guessing that disappointed you” she sat up straight
    “Let me give you an example my first job; was following a cheating boyfriend. Turns out he wasn’t, he improving himself for her. My last job was finding a girl who ran off with a biker, tomorrow have to go tell her parents she ODed on bliss. You want someone found or something I’m your girl but for the right reasons. You get me”

  • mercy

    Member
    March 27, 2019 at 1:13 am

    Early, Early Morning, May 8, 2078, Harry’s Bar, Seattle

    “Would it go against your principals if I was to hire you to research and find something that I would later steal?”

    24

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    March 27, 2019 at 3:40 am

    Bronwean Rose from her chair and slowly back flipped “never been asked that, always had to steal as part of the job, had to do it myself” she punctuated the sentence with pirouettes and cartwheels. Finally stood still with her face lost in a mass of tousled hair
    “yeah, why not sounds like a buzz. But ya gotta pay and pay good. And you have to realise sometimes it just can’t be done” she blew a pathway through her hair
    “so when do you want me to start? I got things I have to do this weekend”

  • mercy

    Member
    March 27, 2019 at 8:33 am

    Early, Early Morning, May 8, 2078, Harry’s Bar, Seattle

    Tanya smiles. “Good enough. I can have the details sent to you tomorrow, er, today, I guess, isn’t it. This afternoon. Where will you be?”

    25

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    March 27, 2019 at 9:30 am

    “I have to get to some place by the lake. Supposed I’ll get cab. Need to grt new boots too. These are fine for Cali sunshine but me feet are constantly wet” she waved her canvas trainers in the air. she stopped
    “oh my gosh how are you going to get home?”

  • mercy

    Member
    March 27, 2019 at 11:12 am

    Early, Early Morning, May 8, 2078, Harry’s Bar, Seattle

    Tanya reaches into one of the pockets of her cargo pants and pulls out two credsticks and a reader. She slots one of the sticks then the other before handing the second one to Bronwean. “Here is an advance of 1K. That should be sufficient for the boots and a cab. My bike is already on the way here and will be parked outside in about six minutes. I can give you a ride somewhere if you need one this morning.”

    26

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    March 27, 2019 at 12:08 pm

    “thanks but I need a ride on cloud nine ’bout now”
    They both busied themselves clearing a few more trays.
    Tanya’s com pinged
    “my ride is here”
    “You better go it wont last long out there”
    “yeah, OK, I’ll message you tomorrow. Good luck with your job”
    With Tanya out of the door, Bronwean got one last load in the machine and the crashed out.

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    March 27, 2019 at 3:40 pm

    Bronwean blitzed the place toilets (eww?) public areas (ick!) and the kitchen (how the…?) making sure every thing was not sticky.
    Harry arrived just as she was packing up
    “so I guess you would be packing up, where you going?”
    “there’s that notel round the way there”
    “no, it’s a flea pit at best. Go to the best Western round the other side”
    “oh OK”
    “will you be in on Monday?”
    “I’ll be honest I don’t know. Might have a job job”
    “well I got a few weeks lie in” he smiled “here I’ll carry your bag”

  • mercy

    Member
    March 27, 2019 at 11:21 pm

    Early, Early Morning, May 8, 2078, Harry’s Bar, Seattle

    Tanya nods, supposing that the young woman actually slept somewhere in the bar so did not need a ride. She heard the roar of her Harley Nightmare just as her implanted ‘link pinged to let her know it had arrived. She smiles and bids Bronwean a good day before leaving the bar. She stands in front of the bar for a few minutes, carefully considering all that has happened in the past day, then nods as she climbs onto the powerful motorcycle. Taking control from the machine’s dog brain, she roars off into the night, taking her time in getting back to her home in the Gates Undersea Hotel.

    Monique is up and waiting for her when she lets herself into the suite, Tanya slips out of her wet clothing and into the shower to clean off before sliding into the hot tub that allows her an unobstructed view of the Sound through the floor to ceiling windows. Monique pads in quietly with some very nice wine. “So, madame, do you think she will work out for our purposes?”

    Tanya considers her answer for a couple of minutes then nods. “I think she will, Cherie, I think she will work out just fine.”

    The two professional thieves give each other a knowing smile before Monique leaves the room to gather up the discarded clothing for the laundry.

    27

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    March 28, 2019 at 3:48 am

    Bromwean left the house and kept walking. Once the families friends were there her presence on exasperated thing.
    She wished she could get a black suit or something but she just couldn’t afford the space travelling light. She rounded the corner and kicked her board down.
    She hit the huge down town mall. She switched off for a while, hiding in the crush of humanity, face concealed behind her shlurpy.
    What kind of shoes did that Tanya woman wear? She was hard pressed to find shoes over a hundo let alone a kay.
    She sat on the top of a bin, kicking her legs and blankly watching the crowd walk past.
    “hey? Can you not sit on the bin?” the security smiled
    “Wha’? She replied blankly
    “I get in trouble if you sit on the bins “the guard looked around “you get a better view from the bench over there”
    “yeah, OK” Still dragging her mind away from the family she had just left.
    She didn’t sit she wandered till she found an arcade.

  • mercy

    Member
    March 28, 2019 at 7:05 pm

    Tanya is roused from her sleep by her internal alarm. She rises and showers before dressing in the clothes that Monique has laid out for her. There is also a go bag ready for her at the foot of the bed, which Tanya grabs on her way out of the bedroom. Breakfast is waiting for her and Monique serves it up at the long coffee table in the living room as the two women take a seat. Tanya uses the remote that controls the panels that conceal the large trideo screen and flips through several news channels as she eats, taking in the local and international items that interest her. She points to one of the top articles and smiles. “See, Cherie, things are moving exactly as planned. I will turn my new friend loose to find out as much as she can about the vase. I think that she will do well and I hope that she is satisfied with the payout.”

    When breakfast is done, Monique picks up the trays and carries them to the kitchen to be cleaned later. Tanya takes her go bag and the pair leave the suite. They use the private elevator to go to the parking garage, where Tanya stores her bag before climbing on her Nightmare and Monique on her Mirage. Tanya leads the way and soon both women are roaring away from the hotel, headed for a more desolate part of town and a safew house located in a non-descript notell. Once in the room, Tanya takes a minute to change her body to be that of a young Asian woman, Song Ai. She changes into a different set of clothing and checks herself out in the mirror. Satisfied, she turns and shares cheek kisses with Monique and the two leave the room, Song Ai taking the Mirage and Monique climbing onto the Nightmare. A quick wave later and the two head off in separate directions. Song Ai grins as she opens a channel. >>It is me, honorable husband. I am on the way home to you. My ETA is seventeen minutes and forty seconds, give or take. I love you.<< The almost immediate answer she gets back has her smiling broadly and she pushes the bike underneath her a bit to see if she can beat the estimated time.

    28

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    March 29, 2019 at 3:45 am

    Bronwean found a skate park, young orc boy took her there. She spent the afternoon pushing it harder and harder, the end of the day she needs new trousers and a new dermis.
    One of local girls shows her to a store near by. New trucks, trousers and some leatheresque sneakers she can skate in.
    As she gets to the hotel she lays down on her bed. The image of the girl pushes it way back into her mind she checks her link looking for something to hide in.

    Her vlog that night was tearfull. She missed her sister’s and she feared they where in a refrigerated draw and she would not even know it

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  electric_muppet. Reason: Additional text
  • mercy

    Member
    March 29, 2019 at 11:50 am

    Late Evening, May 8, 2078, Best Western Hotel, Seattle

    A soft knock on her door rouses Bronwean from her bed. A quick check through the peep hole in the door lets er see a dark brunette woman dressed in riding leathers on the other side. Opening the door a bit, but leaving the security chain fastened, she gives the other woman a closer look. The visitor smiles and holds up a small satchel. Her voice is heavily accented with French when she speaks. “Bon, mademoiselle Bronwean. You have proven difficult to find today. My name is Monique and I am the personal assistant to Tanya Marisart. My mistress is saddened that I did not get this to you earlier. Might I come in for a few moments, please?”

    Bronwean looks at the woman and thinks that she could take her if it came down to it. She nods and closes the door to remove the chain then opens it to let the stranger in. The other woman comes in and takes a very quick scan of the room before moving to stand at the small table, on which she places the satchel. “Merci, mademoiselle. Thank you. I was instructed to get this information to you and so here it is. In short, inside this satchel, you will find all of the information we have on a specific vase that will be visiting Seattle in three weeks. It will be in the University Museum of Natural History here for a month. My mistress intends to steal it for a client and wants you to learn all you can about the vase as well as what sort of security the museum will have for the exhibit as a whole and if any special precautions are going to be taken for this specific piece. Understand that this is in the way of a sort of interview. If you do well, you will be offered other work. You will receive an allowance of 300 nuyen a day for expenses and a sliding scale of up to 15000 nuyen for a complete job. Your payout is not dependent on her success in stealing the vase. Do you have any questions for me, mademoiselle?”

    29

  • electric_muppet

    Member
    March 29, 2019 at 2:26 pm

    “SHIT! University? Hell frack shit Er… yeah ah ah ah… can you spot me those three hundo cash now?” Her fingers wiggled “quick hide, Hide! ” she squealed with excitement “quickly before she.. HIDIE!? AAAAGH it’s me, batshit. Scored a hundo, can I still make the party? Yeah? Really AAAAGH UNREAL college boys are so hot. Like little trainee indiana Jones” she rushed round the room picking up bits while she talked “what the guitar, Er yeah OK” she stopped “it’s not formal is it. Phew cor I really don’t have a thing. No really pretty much what I stand up in”
    Monique stepped out of the bath Ci hope there was good reason for my banishment to the… Ablutions? ”
    ” What? ” a head appeared from under the had clutching a sock” yeah she could see you in the mirror ”
    The taseturn woman looked” quite” a she held up 300 in cash “small bills please remember the job while you drink. I. Know from experience how drink and aesthetic distractions can unhelpful”
    “oh don’t worry I’m straight edge, there’s no one to pick me up if I’m wasted”
    ” ‘bon”
    “right I’ll better go now, PARTY TO GO TOO.” She over dramatised things just because the woman po-faced demeanour was red rag to the bull.
    “can I give you a lift?”
    “na be kay I’ll dial an uber. Help your self to the mini-bar and the tris. Don’t forget to lock the door when you leave”

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  electric_muppet. Reason: Additional text
  • mercy

    Member
    March 29, 2019 at 3:09 pm

    Late Evening, May 8, 2078, Best Western Hotel, Seattle

    Monique watches, her face not giving away her thoughts, as the excited girl as she moves about the room. She cannot remember if she ever moved like this, but she does remember the excitement at being given what looked like a full time gig as the personal maid to Lady Marisart so many years ago. She gives Bronwean the first 300 nuyen then motions to the satchel. “Inside the satchel you will find a credstick with the remainder of the first week’s stipend. Keep receipts if you go over the daily limit and those expenses may be reimbursed. If something comes up and you need additional funds for a bribe or something, please use the burner phone provided in the satchel. The phone has one number pre-programmed into it, so use that to get hold of us.” You will be contacted in a week if we do not hear from you beforehand. We will expect some sort of update on your progress and will give you another week’s advance on your stipend.

    When Bronwean appears ready to leave, Monique shakes her head. “No, thank you. I will be leaving as well. Good luck to you.” With that, the woman leaves the room and walks down the hallway to the exit. She climbs onto the Mirage bike that is parked there and leaves the area.

    30

Viewing 41 - 60 of 73 posts

Log in to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Who’s Online
There are no users currently online

© 2020 - RPG Playroom