Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,038 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #726
    Adamuadamu
    Participant

    Hah! Sweet! It’s on!

    Bullet hole in the truck is no problem – assume it does indeed look like crap!

    But just so future bullets don’t punch through quite so easily, and since I think I’ve only ever gotten around to giving access to Al’s full sheet to Aria (too tedious to put all the gear on OP), here are the truck’s details.

    Gaz P-179 (Toyota Gopher equivalent) w/spoof chip and morphing plate, to toggle between Hannibal and Joey IDs, Joey unless otherwise stated; +4 points concealed armor, PPS 6, manual control override, gridlink override (offroad suspension, open box storage standard)

    Not sure how you want to run this, but if we’re doing dice then Al’s initiative will be 28. Will drop that to 18 to be on full-defense.

    First pass is to run outside (movement), take a glance around (free), shout a phrase (free), and get truck underway (complex).

    In case the sniper tries to shoot me on the way to the truck, here are a couple of defense rolls.
    Full D vs. sniper: 2#26d6t5 14 8

    Let me know anything else you need.

    #731
    MercyMercy
    Participant

    Just thought I had given the bad guys enough time to find you. I don’t really think that anyone is on a real life time schedule to get to the gala, right? I think this will make a good interlude. Time to beat up on some more thugs.

    Thanks for the details on the truck.

    I think that we should consider the first shot to be just before the first combat round, so initiatives, please. I have Al’s.

    #741
    MercyMercy
    Participant

    Jan, I am pretty sure Al packed his things up and took them to the truck, but I will leave it to Al to say whether he may have left something behind. But, yes, in any case they would be far too small for Ving Sung. The guy is very large, and a lot of it is fat.

    #743
    MercyMercy
    Participant

    @Al Defend against 2 hits DV 11 + net hits AP -7

    #744
    Jack_SpadeJack_Spade
    Keymaster

    John Ini:
    Ini: 14+5d6 29

    Since I have to close the distance, I’ll go full defense and use run movement for another defense increase.
    Defense:
    14 (Base) + 5 Wil + 2 Run = 21 dice

    #749
    MercyMercy
    Participant

    @ Al Your defense means that you are missed.

    #752
    Adamuadamu
    Participant
    741 wrote:

    Jan, I am pretty sure Al packed his things up and took them to the truck, but I will leave it to Al to say whether he may have left something behind. But, yes, in any case they would be far too small for Ving Sung. The guy is very large, and a lot of it is fat.

    All good with me. Assume Al throws clothes away when they get too putrid, easily could have done so here. He’s a skinny 5’3″ though, so yeah, Ving-a-ling’s gonna look pretty silly if he manages to get them on! Good story!

    #754
    Adamuadamu
    Participant

    @Mercy – not sure when my next turn comes – my last IC is just fluff – I hate cramming a detailed narrative for a full action into one explosion of a post.

    Barring something totally unexpected like a kraken falling out of the sky, Al’s next move will be to charge directly towards these guys and ram one.

    Once my turn actually comes and I confirm John hasn’t just killed everyone in the meantime, I can get you dice on that (the rules are kind of a pain).

    #756
    MercyMercy
    Participant

    Yeah, not sure even John can kill them all that fast. You will get your chance to try to ram one.

    #759
    MercyMercy
    Participant

    Let me know if you don’t like the way I run the fight. I sort of like to keep it a bit loose so there may be less dice rolling and more narrative.

    #760
    Adamuadamu
    Participant

    No worries from me on how you want to do it – you put on the GM hat, your show.

    I may occasionally make a suggestion, but once I’ve spoken I’ll always take whatever’s ruled.

    Anyway, looks like I will get to ram one guy. I can do all the dice for that once I get home to my books, but I need to at least know what he’s driving. There’ll be rolls for him too, so you can do those, or if you want me to do all that I’ll need his stats and if he sees me or is just driving blind throught the dust (i.e. surprised by my move).

    #762
    MercyMercy
    Participant

    The guy is either surprised and cannot really see you or a bit overconfident of his car and ability or even perhaps a bit scared of what will happen if he does not stop you. You can pick your reason and even ask him if he survives, although the exact reason is supremely unimportant right now. He is driving a standard Americar-type vehicle, so you can use those stats. I cannot access a dice roller here so it would be so very kind of you to roll the dice for me. He is not trying to dodge you and has no special protective system, other than his seat harness.

    #763
    Adamuadamu
    Participant

    That is great so far, thanks.

    But if you want me to complete the resolutions, I’ll need HIS stats – the low-grade car suggests some sort of OC grunt, or do you have something else in mind?

    I at least would need Reaction, pilot ground skill, and body. Personal armor also, if I recall correctly.
    Or just let me know if you want me to come up with something that matches the car.

    #767
    MercyMercy
    Participant

    These guys are just grunts. Use Reaction 4 and Pilot, Ground 4. His has Armor 12 (jacket) and Body 3.

    #768
    Adamuadamu
    Participant

    okay – seems we want to keep this simple.

    First, there are a lot of contradictions in the car combat rules, so if anyone thinks I took a wrong turn, just say so.

    With car v car, we use the Chase combat (which is TOTALLY different from Tactical combat rules – drives me crazy).

    We then have to determine if the Chase Combat is taking place in a Handling or a Speed environment. The place in question (yeah, no fair, I’m basing this on the real location I was thinking of when I put the storage unit here) is pretty cramped, with light industrial crap stuff under a huge viaduct (giant concrete supports) and against the steep slope of a hill. So I’ll say Handling.

    Then we are supposed to determine relative distances and so forth so see if I can ram. But since we’re heading straight for each other, plus you said the other guy is either stupid or clueless about the situation, I’ll say I am able to achieve the Short Range required.

    So we do an opposed Skill + Reaction test, with our handling ratings as the Limit.
    With Gearhead, Al adds one to his limit, making it 6.
    Factoring in Gearhead + Vehicle Empathy + Chaser, pool is 19 dice.
    Ramming: 19d6t5 6
    Sweet.

    You left me a lot of leeway with this guy’s mental state – I’ll split the difference and say not surprised but doesn’t do Evasive Driving, which he might not even have the initiative for anyway. Wouldn’t help him because even if he maxes his roll he’s getting nailed.
    Avoid ram: 8d6t5 3

    So long and short is that he, his passengers, and his car have to resist 17 damage, Al and his truck have to resist 7 damage.
    That is less than the truck’s armor, so it is fine.
    Al adds the vehicle armor to his own armor, plus the passenger protection system 6 he installed, so soaks with 37 dice.
    Soak ram damage: 37d6t5 11
    No damage.

    Americar resists with 17 dice.
    Soak ram damage: 17d6t5 4
    So the car takes 13 boxes of damage (it has 18 boxes total).
    The driver (and any passengers….) resists with 21 dice.
    Soak ram damage: 21d6t5 6
    So they take 11 boxes, and with Body 3 that means physical damage overflow.

    #769
    MercyMercy
    Participant

    OK. That seems to be pretty definitive for game over for those guys. Not dead yet but going that way without medical help. Thank you so much for the dice rolling.

    So from what I can tell, your truck did major damage to the other car but it is still drivable, but the guys inside it are out of action.

    #773
    Adamuadamu
    Participant

    Oh, yeah. It is still drivable (13 of 18 boxes of damage), but since I knew the guys inside couldn’t survive based on their roll, I took the liberty of fluffing it onto its roof….just seemed cool….sorry if that was too far, didn’t think you’d need it anymore.

    Easy easy easy to edit if not cool!

    #777
    MercyMercy
    Participant

    No, it’s great! I loved the visualization. I guess we need to wait for John, Glo, and Jan to post.

    #786
    MisterJoshuaMisterJoshua
    Participant

    I have a bit to catch up on.

    #788
    MercyMercy
    Participant

    You have a post to put in, yes, but you are only basically in the first real combat turn still. Just narrate your actions and what you would try to do. At this point, you are standing in the container and dust is blowing in from Al’s crafty maneuver with his truck. Glo has just stripped her clothing off and left the container and I am waiting her next action as well.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,038 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu