Games Forums Panzerknacker Shooting Stars [IC]

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #22731
    AriaAria
    Participant

    [Saturday September 10, 2078; In the water, off the coast of Panama]

    Lily quietly hoped the goons were something to do with Alex rather than her own past coming to haunt her… either way she made sure that her pistols were loaded with stun rounds and easily accessible…

    ***

    #53

    #22737
    GilgaGilga
    Participant

    Rebbeca says ”Let’s get out of here. Preston, can you get us a car quickly?” She looked around for a possible vehicle that they can quickly hack.

    #22739
    Jack_SpadeJack_Spade
    Keymaster

    Al’s instincts proved right: He spotted two armed rotor drones hovering high above while the enforcers closed in.
    The next vehicles were about 50 m away along the parking spaces of the marina. Unfortunately, this way would bring them pretty quickly into contact with the possible opposition.

    Alexander immediately became alert as the rest of the team looked on:
    “Would it be any help for you if I turned you all invisible?”

    #22751
    Jack_SpadeJack_Spade
    Keymaster

    Thorn meanwhile had also joined the team at the railing: “Shit. Those are Gabani soliders. Local drug cartel. Seems like the Wayfarers have pretty deep pockets if they can pay those guys on short notice.”

    The rented Hotspur was almost a 100m away, making a confrontation with those goons almost a certainty.
    Worse, Panama being in its heart still a banana republic never had had a particularly well regarded police force. In a situation like this, they would only show up afterwards to round up some innocent bystanders.

    #22754
    AriaAria
    Participant

    [Saturday September 10, 2078; Quayside, Panama City]

    Lily’s training took over and she readied both pistols before heading to the gunwale

    “Wouldn’t hurt” Lily shot back over her shoulder at Alex “But this quay is too open, we need to engage them from some reasonable cover”

    And without waiting for a response from the others her hydraulic jacks propelled her in to the air and down on to the quay and then she was haring towards the oncoming mobsters like a greyhound on Jazz…

    ***

    #54

    #22757
    BetaBeta
    Participant

    * Gamma: this is similar to protecting the target in a more hostile bounty-retrieval situation. I should have been more prepared.
    * Coleman: I’m slipping, but at least I know tactics to help.

    Preston responded to Alex “Yes, but even better if you could make one of them shoot another, or even discharge their gun or freak out. That sort of chaos may give us more of an opening. Let me know if you are doing something like that, I’ll pop up an appropriate ARO to support the confusion.

    <<Dropping to hot sim for a moment to try and deal with the drones. Al, let me know if it is time to move, or what Alex is doing.>>

    Spoiler:
    If Alex won’t take action against the thugs, or offers to use control body, Preston will put up an ARO stating “20knY to the first of you to shoot another one” If more like Chaos or Bugs or something, he’ll use an ARO stating “The spirits of the dead surround and infect you.”

    Preston makes sure his gear is in hand as he collapses to the deck and dives into hot sim. It is a matter of of seconds to slap up an ARO in front of the thugs, then he goes looking for the drones in the matrix.

    #22760
    GilgaGilga
    Participant

    Rebbeca says, ”Alex, piggyback on me and let me take you out of here. I am as fast as a car, and you are not dressed for combat.” If Alex agrees she lowers her back to help him hop along, otherwise she’ll ready her bow.

    #22772
    Jack_SpadeJack_Spade
    Keymaster

    Alex nodded: “Normally, I’d turn those guys into pieces of charcoal, but there are too many bystanders here for a shootout. Take me away from here.”
    And without hessitation, the lanky elf hopped onto Becky’s back.

    Meanwhile, Lily had crossed more than half the distance towards the first three enforcers.
    They noticed her of course and had their hands already under their coats, pulling out submachine guns – Infgram Smartguns X.

    Preston found that a bunch of smartgun icons had popped up within 100m of him, indicating that those goons where indeed ready for a gun fight.
    Helpfully, he was able to designate all enemies on the matrix with E1 to 7 for the enforcers and D1 and 2 for the drones.

    Spoiler:
    Ini for all of them: Ini: 7#14+3d6 25 26 23 24 21 29 28
    Drones: Ini: 2#6+4d6 21 23

    Ini list:
    E1 29
    E2 28
    E3 26
    Preston 25
    Ini: 15+4d6 25
    E4 25 (more than 50 m away)
    E5 24 (more than 50 m away)
    E6 23 (more than 50 m away)
    E7 21 (more than 50 m away)
    Alex Ini: 15+4d6 21

    D1 23
    D2 21

    Lily 16 (Full Defense

    AL ???
    Becky ???

    #22778
    GilgaGilga
    Participant

    Rebbeca says ”Invisibility would be great now.” and then spends a brief moment to asses the surroundings and selects a good direction to run then Rebbeca starts running, and the restless traveler accelerates her to carry Alex to safety.

    #22797
    Jack_SpadeJack_Spade
    Keymaster

    With just a touch, both Becky and Veljanov vanished from sight.

    #22822
    AriaAria
    Participant

    [Saturday September 10, 2078; Quayside, Panama City]

    Lily had a bad feeling about this…although her metal frame was highly resistant to damage she was reluctant to pit herself directly against this many opponents but her pistols demanded a much closer confrontation than the sub machine guns of the enemy. Hopefully that invisibility spell would be here soon…although ruefully she noted to herself that the grey mana technology in her suit would be as much a hinderance to that spell as to more hostile magics…

    ***

    #55

    #22847
    Adamuadamu
    Participant

    Al answered Preston, then spoke to Lily, as he set up behind a stack of crates lashed to the boat deck.

    <<Not ta worry, Presto baby, Precious is doin’ all the movin’. We’s the stay an’ fight team, buy her some time. Drones is your’n. Shout if ya need help, but I’d rather not drop ’em onto the crowd. Them ARO’s is neato, by the way, I’d use ’em to coordinate with Lily, but even ol’ Al can’t puke an’ shoot straight at the same time….Hang in there Lily, ya ain’t alone out there. Ol’ Al gon’ be droppin’ one o’ them hombres per second startin’….right….now….>>

    #22853
    Jack_SpadeJack_Spade
    Keymaster
    Spoiler:
    Ini for all of them: Ini: 7#14+3d6 25 26 23 24 21 29 28
    Drones: Ini: 2#6+4d6 21 23

    Ini list:
    Becky 29
    E1 29
    E2 28
    Al 26
    E3 26
    Preston 25
    E4 25 (more than 50 m away)
    E5 24 (more than 50 m away)
    E6 23 (more than 50 m away)
    E7 21 (more than 50 m away)
    Alex Ini: 15+4d6 21

    D1 23
    D2 21

    Lily 16 (Full Defense

    E1 and E2 shoot at Lily
    Fire FA short Burst: 2#14d6t5 7 2
    DV 8P AP-4 +net hits

    Assuming, Al shoots E3 first to prevent him from firing on Lily:
    Soak: 9d6t5 3
    E3 goes down

    While Becky evacuated Alex, Lily ran head first into the three enforcers closest to her. Two managed to fire a spray of bullets at her before Al’s rifle took down the third one who was just about to fire on her as well.

    #22861
    AriaAria
    Participant

    [Saturday September 10, 2078; Quayside, Panama City]

    As the snub nosed machine guns spat at Lily she vaulted in to the air and landed briefly on one hand before springing forwards again in to a twisting dive. The shooters were good, and somehow at least one of them was able to track her rapid movements and she felt the bullets slam in to her side. Her armour suit yielded to the armour piercing rounds and she felt them score across her ribs but there they were stopped cold by the advanced poly alloys of her armoured chasis…

    Without bothering to aim she let her smartlink do the grunt work of calculating vectors, allowing for her gyrations and the speed of her run. The silenced pistol bucked and she absorbed the recoil by bracing her myomer muscle bundles at precisely the right moment to counter the muzzle rise… or fall as she was in mid cartwheel…

    ***

    Spoiler:
    Initiative 12+3D6 = 26 Full Def 16

    Edge remaining 5/7

    Def roll (without any mods for fire modes or running) React 7 Intuition 5 Will 8 = 20d6t5: 2#20d6t5: 2 # 6 [20d6t5=1, 6, 4, 1, 4, 6, 3, 2, 5, 6, 4, 4, 2, 2, 1, 6, 6, 3, 3, 3] 7 [2019d6t5=5, 6, 6, 3, 3, 4, 4, 6, 1, 1, 1, 3, 6, 4, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 3 ]

    So first shot hits her

    Soak 28d6t5: 14 [28d6t5=6, 6, 4, 5, 6, 3, 4, 6, 2, 6, 1, 5, 6, 1, 6, 2, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 4, 5, 4, 5, 2, 4, 6] Ooooo tanky!!! Even though I forgot the -4AP, 12 hits should be more than enough 😀

    Shoot the one that shot her (E1?) single shot

    Savalette Guardian [A5(7), 8P, –5AP, SA/BF, R1, 18 (c)], IC I seem to have changed to SnS… so 6S(e) -5AP

    Agi 11, Pistols 6, Smart 1, -2 running, -1 Medium range 20m (more if further off)
    = 15d6t5: 9 [15d6t5=5, 2, 4, 6, 2, 2, 5, 3, 1, 6, 5, 6, 6, 5, 6] Limited to 7 hits

    #56

    #22863
    Jack_SpadeJack_Spade
    Keymaster
    Spoiler:
    Defense: 14d6t5 4
    3 net hits
    Soak: 15d6t5 7
    Takes 2S(e), drops by 5 Ini

    Ini list:
    Becky 29 (Carries Alex)
    E1 29 (Shot and hit Lily) -5 ini in next phase
    E2 28 (Shot and missed Lily
    Al 26 (Shot and killed E3)
    E3 26 (Dead)
    Preston 25 – Action pending
    E4 25 (more than 50 m away) Sprinting
    E5 24 (more than 50 m away) Sprinting
    E6 23 (more than 50 m away) Sprinting
    E7 21 (more than 50 m away) Sprinting
    Alex Ini: 15+4d6 21 (Casting invisibility on him and Becky)

    D1 23
    D2 21

    Lily 16 (Full Defense) (Shoot and hit E1)

    While Lily still got ready to shoot, the remaining goons started to run directly towards their position – and even though her bullet hit, it slowed the leading attacker down only a little.

    Preston was well aware that there were two drones hovering above, likely lining up shots on the team…

    #22868
    Adamuadamu
    Participant

    Al chuckled as his first target’s head exploded into a red mist. As expected, that sent people scurrying, offering him sightlines to belt buckles. He zeroed in on the attackers to Lily’s flanks, figuring she’d handle the ones in front of her.

    And he resisted the urge to look up at the drones – if Preston needed his help, he’d let him know.

    #22873
    BetaBeta
    Participant

    Preston was sure he didn’t want to be shot by those drones, and they didn’t appear to be carrying riggers, so he went to work on hacking.

    Marking one of the drones was quick and easy.
    * Monkey: Damn I’m good!

    But when he went to change it’s targeting information to make it go after the other drone, he found that the information was a massive rat’s nest of files and information that made figuring out what to needed to be changed quite challenging.
    * Oleg: that is what I get for bragging, especially before the job is done.
    * Gamma: I did effectively jinx myself

    Feeling like there could be a cross-hairs on his inert body, he was tried to push through to make the required change, but it was taking an eternity, or at least entire seconds which was about the same thing in this situation.

    #22884
    Jack_SpadeJack_Spade
    Keymaster

    Both drones had taken Lily as the main threat – and although they managed to tag her in the matrix, both their shots were easily evaded by the highly mobile cyborg.

    The unwounded enforcer kept tracking Lily and fired at her

    Spoiler:
    Second Pass:

    Ini list:
    Becky 19
    E2 18 (Fired and hit Lily)
    Al 16 (Killed E1)
    Preston 15 (Hacking)
    E4 15 (Fire at Lily)
    E1 14 (Dead)
    E5 14 (Fire at Lily)
    E6 13 (Fire at Lily)
    D1 13 (Fire at Lily)
    E7 11 (Fire at Lily)
    Alex 11 (Kills drone)
    D2 11 (Dead)
    Lily 6 (Full Defense)

    E2 firing short FA Bust at Lily
    14d6t5: 3 [14d6t5=4, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 3, 2, 3, 2, 5, 1, 2, 1]
    Lily defense:
    9d6t5: 1 [9d6t5=2, 1, 3, 2, 5, 3, 2, 3, 1]
    Soak
    24d6t5: 8 [24d6t5=5, 2, 2, 4, 5, 1, 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, 6, 5, 1, 4, 1, 5, 2, 1, 3, 6, 6, 4, 6]
    Lily takes 2S unless she wants to spend edge

    Al shoots with 5 hits at the E1
    14d6t5: 2 [14d6t5=3, 4, 6, 3, 1, 1, 3, 1, 5, 2, 3, 4, 4, ]
    Three net hits
    9d6t5: 2 [9d6t5=4, 3, 1, 1, 1, 6, 5, 4, 2]
    E1 goes down

    E4 to E7 are in range now and go for an aimed short burst each:
    4#14d6t5: 4 # 6 [14d6t5=6, 6, 4, 2, 5, 4, 6, 3, 2, 6, 5, 4, 4, 3] 3 [14d6t5=3, 1, 1, 2, 1, 6, 6, 2, 3, 1, 3, 1, 4, 6] 0 [14d6t5=2, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 3, 4, 4, 2, 1] 4 [14d6t5=3, 2, 5, 3, 1, 1, 3, 5, 4, 6, 5, 3, 2, 3]
    Lily has to evade:
    14d6t5: 5 [14d6t5=4, 2, 4, 1, 4, 2, 5, 2, 6, 5, 6, 6,] 1 net Hit
    13d6t5: 1 [13d6t5=5, 3, 3, 3, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 3, 2, ] 2 net Hits
    12d6t5: 3 [12d6t5=6, 1, 4, 3, 5, 1, 5, 1, 4, 4,] 1 net Hit

    Soaking
    3#24d6t5: 3 #
    9 [24d6t5=3, 2, 1, 6, 5, 2, 2, 2, 2, 5, 2, 6, 4, 4, 1, 5, 3, 3, 6, 3, 6, 1, 6, 5]
    3 [24d6t5=5, 1, 2, 6, 2, 6, 4, 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 1, 4, 3, 4, 1, 3, 2, 4, 2]
    13 [24d6t5=1, 5, 5, 2, 3, 6, 1, 3, 5, 5, 1, 5, 6, 6, 4, 2, 5, 3, 1, 6, 5, 1, 5, 6]

    1 and 3 are soaked completely, but number 2 will be 7S unless Edge is spend

    Drone 1 fires at Lily:
    11d6t5: 6 [11d6t5=6, 2, 3, 6, 1, 5, 6, 1, 2, 5, 6]
    Defense
    11d6t5: 4 [11d6t5=5, 1, 2, 6, 3, 2, 3, 5, 6, 1, 1]
    2 net hits
    Soak: 21d6t5: 5 [21d6t5=5, 3, 1, 5, 5, 1, 4, 5, 6, 2, 2, 2, 1, 3, 3, 4, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2]
    Unless Edge is spent this will be another 7S damage

    At ini 11, Alex will break his invisibility to take out the remaining drone with a lightning bolt.
    20d6t5: 7 [20d6t5=2, 4, 4, 3, 5, 6, 3, 4, 5, 4, 5, 1, 1, 5, 4, 6, 4, 5, 1, 2]
    Drone 2 is dead

    Al’s rifle barked again and took out another of the criminals, but couldn’t do anything about the remaining enforcers dropping into firing stances and starting to shoot at the tagged Lily with controlled three round bursts.
    One of the drones also fired at her – the other was taken from the sky by a lightning bolt coming seemingly from thin air.

    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by Jack_SpadeJack_Spade.
    #22901
    GilgaGilga
    Participant

    ”Nice work Alex!” Rebbeca says as she sprints away from danger. She is not in a position to fire her bow, but in a few seconds, she might be if they still need her.

    #22950
    AriaAria
    Participant

    [Saturday September 10, 2078; Quayside, Panama City]

    It was like advancing in to a whirling storm and as more and more of the mobsters turned to target Lily she felt the first telling blows strike home, driving the wind from her lungs and making her head ring as rounds spanged off her helmet. Steeling herself she continued to push forwards until she was brought to a stumbling halt as the drone lit her up from above.

    Gasping at the crushing pain she nevertheless brought her pistol up and sent an electrical round skyward, vaguely hoping the drone would drop on to one of her assailants and lesson the raging lead scoring her chassis… with another burst of energy she continued forward, still weaving erratically and only a fraction less coordinated, if she could close enough they would have to watch their fire or end up shooting each other…

    ***

    Spoiler:
    Initiative 12+3D6 = 26 Full Def 16, 6 4
    Takes 2S from E2
    Edge Def re-roll vs E5 = 21d6t5: 5 [21d6t5=5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 2, 1, 2, 5, 2, 3, 1, 3, 5, 3, 5, 2, 3, 3, 5, 3], so a further 2S
    Edge Def re-roll vs Drone = 16d6t5: 4 [16d6t5=6, 4, 2, 2, 5, 1, 2, 5, 2, 6, 3, 4, 3, 1, 1, 1] so another 3S for 8S total…ouch!

    Although not specifically asked for a composure –wnd mods roll seems appropriate to continue = 9d6t5: 2 hits, hope that’s enough!?

    Shoot drone: Pre-edge Agi 11, Pistols 6, Smart 1, -2 running, -1 Medium range 20m (more if further off), 7 Edge, -2 Stun = 20d6h5: 10!!! [20d6h5=2, [6, 4], 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, [6, 2], 3, 1, 2, [6, 3], 5, 2, 5, [6, 5], 3]
    Savalette Guardian [A5(7), 8P, –5AP, SA/BF, R1, 18 (c)], SnS… 6S(e) -5AP, 2 rnds fired

    Edge remaining 2/7
    Damage 8/11S

    #57

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Menu