Get a Room!

Home Forums RPG Playroom Suggestion Box

• obidancer

Administrator
    June 2, 2017 at 12:00 am

@misterjosha
    Thank you for the suggestions. I personally prefer a lighter background and keeping things minimalist, but if others want to pitch in and let me know what their preference is, I don’t mind looking into changing the color theme.

• misterjoshua

June 5, 2017 at 9:38 am

Hi Obi

Might not be easy to implement but a lot of forums have the ability to take you to the next unread post. Could we add that in? It makes it easier to follow games.
    Cheers

• jack_spade

June 8, 2017 at 3:37 am

Seems like Dumpshock is also down – again.

I hope the playroom is backed up regularly. Because as the spook says:
    Once can happen, twice can be chance, but three times is enemy action…

• obidancer

Administrator
    June 8, 2017 at 8:11 pm

@josh, the notification kind of allows that. Tap the lowest notification, it’s your latest unread.

@jack Daily.

• misterjoshua

June 18, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Hi Obi

Using the new quote post feature seems to turn all bbcode into HTML

Cheers

• obidancer

Administrator
    August 10, 2017 at 1:00 am

Glad to see more people are joining! Welcome @pistolgrip and @shaman_yuri

• bakuinvestigations

August 31, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Okay, I get the impression that you, Obidancer, are pretty much building this site from scratch. I am impressed, and sorry for you, all at the same time. 😉

With that though, I was wondering if you could add a “Post Preview” function. It is hardly a necessity, but a nice “quality of life” upgrade if you can swing it.

EDITed to add:
    As I found out just now, the BBCode for a URL tag fails to work if the URL happens to end in a “/” character.
    For example, I was trying to do url=Profile/Page/URL/]YourNameHere[/url and it didn’t work. (Obviously I had the open and closing bracket in my attempt.

• obidancer

Administrator
    September 1, 2017 at 12:21 am

Thank you @bakuinvestigations. For urls, put them in between ” ” and they can finish with /
    Also, instead of using a Urlacher tag for profile, I believe @ followed by username is enough

Thank you for the feedback though, I’ll see what’s feasible as far as the preview goes

• bakuinvestigations

October 13, 2017 at 1:52 pm

Another monkeywrench for you:

I am noticing the Message system is having some difficulties now, when earlier I had no issues. Earlier, one of the members I communicate with regularly stated they were having the issues I am having now.

Namely, notification for PMs without there being any PMs to read. Only to have the PMs show up hours later.

The message page is also getting increasingly slower to load.

That makes me think that the database, or whatever you use to store all the past PMs, bogs down after “so much data.” I do not have any numbers to give you on what that level is.

I do not have a good suggestion for you on how to proceed. Mostly because it is outside my area of interest, but partly because I do not have any idea of what you are using now.
    The only thing I can suggest is maybe archiving all PMs older than a week, or when you last logged in, whichever is longer. And then have a way to call up those archived messages only when desired.

• obidancer

Administrator
    October 21, 2017 at 11:55 am

Hi @BakuInvestigations
    I wonder if the message notification issues could be due to the strong caching system I set up for the site.
    Out of curiosity, could you let me know your location and the other member’s whom you exchange a lot of PM with?

My issue right now is that I can’t reproduce the loading issue. When it happens, will you please PM me so I can take a look if it’s a server problem?

• bakuinvestigations

October 21, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Will do.

I am, admittedly, overly cautious about revealing locations on the “open ‘net,” so I will send that information to you via PM.

• bakuinvestigations

November 23, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Okay, lately Messages have not been appearing for me on the Profile page.

The whole section under the menu bar in the middle remains completely white. I have disabled all of my Firefox extensions, and it still persists.

I think this started after the new Firefox update 57.0.

From the Members page still works though.

• obidancer

Administrator
    November 23, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I will look into this.

And Happy Thanksgiving!

• bakuinvestigations

November 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Sorry, I forgot my manners. 🙂

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and any who read this.

• obidancer

Administrator
    November 24, 2017 at 12:31 am

So I tried a quick fix but it broke everything, so it may take me a bit longer to fix the issue. Sorry for the bother.
    As Baku mentioned, private messages are still accessible via the Member Page.

I’ll keep you all updated on the resolution of this issue.

• aria

March 28, 2018 at 12:35 pm

@Obidancer: is there an easy way of doing a word search within a thread?? Ta

• obidancer

Administrator
    March 28, 2018 at 1:05 pm

@aria Yes, the homepage has a big search bar. Type your phrase, and voilà!

• aria

March 28, 2018 at 6:17 pm

Brilliant, thanks ?

• jack_spade

May 31, 2018 at 5:20 pm

I noticed that the forum is no longer jumping to the last page and entry if you click on a topic, but instead sends you to the start.

• obidancer

Administrator
    June 7, 2018 at 2:31 pm

@Jake_Spade is it just me or or seems this ok only happens on the Tribes and Tribulations forum?

Page 2 of 5