Get a Room!

Home Forums RPG Playroom Suggestion Box

• obidancer

Administrator
    January 9, 2019 at 10:34 am

Hello @all you might need to do some clean up here: https://wordpress-644450-2100352.cloudwaysapps.com/notifications
    but the stuck notification bug seems to be gone now for me. Please confirm that you can clean up your notification pop up too. thx.

• aria

January 9, 2019 at 10:58 am

Sorry Obi, mine still seems to be glitched ?. Been managing without ?

• obidancer

Administrator
    January 9, 2019 at 5:27 pm

I’ve done some further cleaning… It seems fine on my end once cleaning up the old notifications on each accounts. I appreciate everyone’s feedback if the notification are still stuck on +9 after cleaning.

• aria

January 10, 2019 at 2:15 am

Ah ha… my notifications have disappeared now and I’ve reset them to just notify me when I get a PM… ?

• adamu

January 10, 2019 at 5:14 pm

@Obidancer

Okay, as long as we are on this topic – and this is not something I can’t live with, no rush – but I cannot get my Notification Icon to clear. No matter how many times I delete each PM notification or if I turn PM web notifications on or off, I still have the icon in the lower right corner of the screen telling me I have four new messages – and then clicking on it I get the list of the same old latest messages, over and over again.

Don’t know what Aria did that works for him – by ‘cleaning’ do you mean going through and deleting each notification message? Done that….

Sorry to be dumb about computers, and it’s not like a major crisis or anything….

• aria

January 10, 2019 at 6:31 pm

I didn’t do anything… it was just fixed ?

• obidancer

Administrator
    January 10, 2019 at 11:06 pm

@adamu Let me know if it is still them. If need arise to clean up click on “see all notifications” to access https://wordpress-644450-2100352.cloudwaysapps.com/notifications/ page and remove the remaining messages. Then Refresh your page to see if they reload or not. Hopefully not. Though I took care of it.

Question for you and everyone: How do you use the forum? i.e are you mostly from your phone? desktop? which browser?

• adamu

January 11, 2019 at 7:33 am

@Obidancer
    Thanks very much!
    It seems to be fixed. We’ll see what happens next time anyone PMs me.

I use the forum from desktop at work (Dell with Explorer), phone (Samsung with Google), and desktop at home (Mac with Safari). I haven’t noticed any differences in using site between all these.

Thanks again,
    Adam

• aria

January 12, 2019 at 6:57 am

Explorer and iPhone, no real difference for either and it’s working brilliantly now, thanks Obi!

• jack_spade

January 12, 2019 at 7:45 am

I’m using both Opera and Chrome on PC as well as Chrome on Android.

• adamu

January 12, 2019 at 4:30 pm

@Obidancer

Well, all was fixed, but then someone sent me a PM. The notification came through fine. But now, as before, it won’t clear. I delete the message from the queue, and then as soon as I go to another page, the icon reads 1 again and the old, deleted notification is right back up.

IT’S REALLY NOT A BIG DEAL – I AM ONLY LETTING ME KNOW TO BE HELPFUL TO YOU.
    No expectation for you to drop everything and fix it for me!

(Though it would sure be nice to see you back in the SFW game if you get time. You are missed on the team, man!!!!)

• beta

January 15, 2019 at 10:42 pm

I had the same experience as Adam, but then it cleared up after a while. I’m on a mix of Chrome and Firefox (laptops) and android (phone)

• adamu

January 16, 2019 at 7:34 am

yeah, mine got better by magic, then went wrong again, and now it has gotten better again.

This must be why I can’t understand computers!

• beta

January 16, 2019 at 10:48 am

On another note, the “IC 2077” thead in Song of Patterns is currently at 996 posts. I think when you get to post 1001 it will also move to page 51, and you’ll start hitting the issue with getting taken back to the beginning of the thread instead of to the last post. If so, that will hopefully be a nice confirmed fingerprint of the issue.

• aria

January 17, 2019 at 4:57 am

And might be a good idea to start a new thread IC 2077 pt 2…

• beta

January 18, 2019 at 9:26 am

please let it get to 1001, to confirm that is the trip point 🙂

• obidancer

Administrator
    January 19, 2019 at 12:21 pm

Good analyze @Beta. Let see what happens in a couple posts.

• beta

February 6, 2019 at 2:35 pm

After about two weeks stuck at 1000 posts, ‘IC2077’ in Song of Patterns has hit 1001 posts, and moved on to page 51 …. and is behaving perfectly fine. (Thanks to Mercy for posting and proving my conjecture false)

So unless Obidancer did something on that thread, post 1001 and page 51 are not the magic breakpoints. FWIW The OOC in Triads and Tribulations is at 1038 posts, and does have the ‘jump to page 1’ issue. My next guess would be going past 1024 posts, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Good odds that the Texas Hold’Em IC thread hits 1025 before IC2077 does, but time will tell.

ETA: I was wrong again. Now the IC2077 thread is up to 1003 posts, and it is exhibiting the ‘jump to page 1’ issue.

• beta

February 6, 2019 at 2:44 pm

@Obidancer and after posting about that, I noticed that the headers are gone again (that let you get to your account, see links, login conveniently*, etc). the link on the right to ‘RPG Playroom’ is still there, but the 3-4 that were usually on the left are hiding.

* there is fortunately a login button on the bottom of some screens, so after closing the browser and coming back, I was able to log in to post about the issue!

• obidancer

Administrator
    February 11, 2019 at 7:01 am

Yes @Beta, the javascript to make the menu appears on mobile phone has somehow stopped working! I added a dropdown with the links even though it can’t make sub menu. At least it gives access to all the link.
    The weird thing is I have no clue why it stopped working.

Thank you for your throughout investigation of the Jump to first page too, another weird unexplained behavior. Computers, what not to love!

Page 4 of 5